• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, Orange&White said:

Does he scrub his podcasts like he scrubs his website?

I'd be curious to see if you went back and listened to previous podcasts, how many years has he predicted a Championship two years out. 

How many years has he been doing a podcast? Because that would be how many years he predicted a championship two years out

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Looch waxes on about how in 2020, texum will most likely go to the CFP (if not next year if Jimbo doesn't pull a Kirby) ... because they'll have lots of underclassmen coming back.

Only 4 minutes long. Starts at 2:09:00

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/PkltQC8S4TM/0110422-wgkk.mp3

There is nothing more predictable than the roster makeup (and quality) of college football teams and the outcomes of college football games that are 2 years away. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Like 1

Out eating BBQ and a group of TxDOT guys come in. They sit near me and I soon hear one of the guys explaining how the 12th Man got started and who Reveille is. And he was making sure his ring was probably displayed while gesturing. Another guy in an aggy hat but no ring was tossing in other fairy tales.

Took all I could to not go over and correct them, but I had my 2-yr-old daughter with me.

• Like 2

On 12/17/2018 at 1:37 PM, Orange&White said:

Does he scrub his podcasts like he scrubs his website?

I'd be curious to see if you went back and listened to previous podcasts, how many years has he predicted a Championship two years out. 

The Liucci 44 archives always get a good scrubbing.  McNeal better than Vince.  Farmer better than Benson.  Tydrick Riley better than Roy.  Ju Parks better than Rod Wright.  

There is zero chance-- zero-- that Liucci didn't predict a national championship for A&M while Sumlin was coach. He MIGHT have predicted Franchione would win one in his tenure before the 2003 season but I doubt he predicted one after that debacle.

He might have predicted one for A&M heading into 2011 since they made a handful of preseason "reach" Top Tens that summer based on the Herbstreit Principle, which states that any time A&M wins eight or more games in a season where they were expected to struggle, they are automatically a dark horse national championship contender the following year (proven out by 2003/2004/2005-- A&M was terrible in 2003, bounced back to win 8 or 9 in 2004, and then was Herbstreit's pick to win the Big 12 South in 2005). 

There's just no way he DIDN'T pick A&M to win the 2013 national title. Someone else dig it up, I'm sure it's there. 

On 12/14/2018 at 2:35 PM, demos said:

If you were aggy, you could just post that shit on Facebook and someone would start a gofundme to buy you a new one.

No they send a team of volunteers with metal detectors and shit and hunt for it till they find it.  I have actually seen this happen on a roadside I travel daily.  Survey crews,  people searching for weeks, till they found it.  It's a fucking ring, just get another one if you want one so bad.

24 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

No they send a team of volunteers with metal detectors and shit and hunt for it till they find it.  I have actually seen this happen on a roadside I travel daily.  Survey crews,  people searching for weeks, till they found it.  It's a fucking ring, just get another one if you want one so bad.

Back in the good ole days before they admitted women folk, they had something called sweetheart rings, and those could get lost too...

https://abc13.com/society/woman-reunited-with-lost-aggie-sweetheart-ring/4924163/

1 hour ago, kopp0e said:

A&M is historically seen as quite aloof, even in depictions from old articles:

DcBLHjXUQAEN4ul.jpg:large

From the moment A&M was founded the people of Texas mocked and despised it because it was a federal construct forced upon the state by the Reconstruction legislature and not “of, by, and for the people of Texas.” That it was attended mostly by teenage, rural bumpkins didn’t do much for its image, either. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TexasMan said:

It's as if they haven't noticed that ranking is largely based on class size.  They are basically neck and neck with the despised "tu" in a year of max hype for that coaching new car smell.  But why should we expect aggy to be any less delusional about recruiting than everything else?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

It's as if they haven't noticed that ranking is largely based on class size.  They are basically neck and neck with the despised "tu" in a year of max hype for that coaching new car smell.  But why should we expect aggy to be any less delusional about recruiting than everything else?

any ranking, internet poll, or some other meaningless bullshit is what aggy live for. Basically everything short of actual results. They suck at those. 

• Like 4

It's been years since I've had to be amidst a group of them (one good thing about the midwest is that they are sprinkled about here - not lumped together in their goobernetworks, attracted to each other like blackholes of stupidity).  From what I remember it was a lot of self-aggrandizing, fake history, fake achievements, talk of "two years from now - juggernaut", and to cap it off was usually a circle jerk.  But hey, that's there thing.

• Like 2

MBA at GA Tech- never heard of aggy until last couple of years there. SEC chants don’t work around there until SEC champ days - which they haven’t been a part of, except the SEC, SEC, chants by them!

Never heard it before, even living in Louisiana for a decade. LSU fans never hoisted the SEC banner while there. It was always F-them, if not us mentality.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sushihorn said:

Actually, for the Rivals team recruiting rankings, the points portion are based on the the top 20 commits in the class, not all of the commits. 

If class size were the metric, Army at #67 (57 commits) and Navy at #71 (56 commits) would be much higher. 

The stars average is for all of the commits on the list. Again, for Rivals team listing, #3 A&M has a 3.8 average star rating for 25 commits,  #8 Texas has a 3.61 for 23 commits. 

• Fuck You 4

14 hours ago, BlueGreySky said:

It's been years since I've had to be amidst a group of them (one good thing about the midwest is that they are sprinkled about here - not lumped together in their goobernetworks, attracted to each other like blackholes of stupidity).  From what I remember it was a lot of self-aggrandizing, fake history, fake achievements, talk of "two years from now - juggernaut", and to cap it off was usually a circle jerk.  But hey, that's there thing.

“Black holes of stupidity” is fantastic and accurate.

posrep 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Actually, for the Rivals team recruiting rankings, the points portion are based on the the top 20 commits in the class, not all of the commits. 

If class size were the metric, Army at #67 (57 commits) and Navy at #71 (56 commits) would be much higher. 

The stars average is for all of the commits on the list. Again, for Rivals team listing, #3 A&M has a 3.8 average star rating for 25 commits,  #8 Texas has a 3.61 for 23 commits. 

Rivals is terrible.  Don’t cite them.  

3 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

OK, I will cite ESPN - #3 A&M with 25 commits, #9 Teas with 23. Rankings based on quality as well as quantity of recruits.  Same goes for 247Sports rankings.

If numbers were the criteria, Texas would be behind Ole Miss (#20 on ESPN, #23 on 247Sports) who has 28 commits.

Would your opinion of Rivals be the same if the roles were reversed?

• Fuck You 9

1 minute ago, Paladin said:

OK, I will cite ESPN - #3 A&M with 25 commits, #9 Teas with 23. Rankings based on quality as well as quantity of recruits.  Same goes for 247Sports rankings.

If numbers were the criteria, Texas would be behind Ole Miss (#20 on ESPN, #23 on 247Sports) who has 28 commits.

Take a look at 247.  Per recruit rankings are virtually identical.  Texas would need a couple of big recruits to sign to pass aggy this year but will be close regardless.  Several other schools WILL pass aggy when their numbers go up.

Same shit, different song. Who gives a fuck about recruiting? Did we ever create a hashtag when we were doing well in recruiting?

Do we ever have a passion for our conference?

aggy always wanting trophies for everything except actual football wins. 

They always conveniently forget what this entire fucking thing is about.

Wins. Championships. That’s it, nothing else.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DaggerHorns said:

Same shit, different song. Who gives a fuck about recruiting? Did we ever create a hashtag when we were doing well in recruiting?

Do we ever have a passion for our conference?

aggy always wanting trophies for everything except actual football wins. 

They always conveniently forget what this entire fucking thing is about.

Wins. Championships. That’s it, nothing else.

I'm all for aspirations.

It's aggy's delusions of adequacy that really get m.

10 minutes ago, Paladin said:

It don't make a shit honestly. You are splitting hairs to make your little pee pee happy. There are subjective rankings moves happening all year, many with agendas. Both schools got some good players that will help them. Comparing .003% or whatever dumb shit you are measuring your dick by these days is a waste of time since the data is an inexact science. Like Texas getting a perfect storm last year in state, aggy had one this year. 2020 will be a different story. Plus I trust Herman's evaluations far more than I trust Jimbo's, as referenced by the steaming pile of shit he left in his wake at FSU and consistent decline in record before and after Jameis Winston.  

• Like 3

The entire concept of recruiting rankings is flawed. And is far more about entertainment for the fans, then whether a school actually signed who they needed. And that doesn’t even factor in those who wash out.

But the clincher is ESPN’s arbitrary 300. Why stop at 300? Why not 500? Or better yet 100. In truth there are some number of game changers in every class. I have no idea how many, but it is a select few. Guys who can really help a program from the first day they arrive on campus. 

After that they are all projects. Give them  proper nutrition, S&C and good coaching. And in a couple of years the kid looks far better then he did at 18 when he left high school. 

Makes me wonder how many coaches actually recruit exclusively off those boards as opposed to actually doing their fucking jobs.

Put it on the stadium
  • Like 1

here is how Jumbo recruited at FSU

6  17
3  16
3  15
4  14
11 13
4  12
2  11

so top ranked recruiting classes are nothing new for him

now of course those are not SEC SEC SEC type recruits getting FSU in those national recruiting rankings

so those #3 national rankings were ACC type player national recruits not SEC SEC SEC type recruits

and we all know that Jumbo dominated the ACC every year especially the last few he was there so think what he can do in the SEC SEC SEC with SEC SEC SEC type recruits

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Comparing .003% or whatever dumb shit you are measuring your dick by these days is a waste of time since the data is an inexact science. 

Correct...recruiting ratings aren't meaningless, but let's not act there is a great deal of precision when you get to the point where you are comparing numeric values on classes such as 280.33 versus 272.78. It just isn't that precise. 

One of my best friends is aggy and he just asked me if I would drive 4hrs for his ring dunk celebration. I said no obviously, but he legit got all bent out of shape and how it was really important for him and for me to be there. 

I turned to him and said “I’m not driving 4hrs to watch ppl with ponchos on, chugging a pitcher of beer. It’s not worth my time.” 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Paladin said:

7 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

3 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

No one uses Rivals anymore.

Rivals is still a thing?

1 hour ago, DoneWithit said:

One of my best friends is aggy and he just asked me if I would drive 4hrs for his ring dunk celebration. I said no obviously, but he legit got all bent out of shape and how it was really important for him and for me to be there. 

I turned to him and said “I’m not driving 4hrs to watch ppl with ponchos on, chugging a pitcher of beer. It’s not worth my time.” 

tell his aggy ass that if he paid for the gas, a room at the embassy suites in college station , $75/day per diem, and $300/hr travel time and time at "ceremony" that you might consider it. if it's that important to him, he'd pay for your time.

11 minutes ago, Lone Star Horn said:

tell his aggy ass that if he paid for the gas, a room at the embassy suites in college station , $75/day per diem, and $300/hr travel time and time at "ceremony" that you might consider it. if it's that important to him, he'd pay for your time.

You think aggy is gonna pay them high dollar whore prices?

2yv8ih0.jpg

• Like 1