Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

13 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

anyone who doesn't follow the recruiting forum closely, machinator is doint syntex-level work over there the past 36 hours.  he's capping aggy decommit season in real time and then refining and packaging it for consumption.  we're talking melt at 195-celsius purity here.   be careful.   i had to stop after the first 2 posts.    it is very possible to OD on this stuff.

Negged for pointing people to the recruiting board.

• Like 5

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Weird. Every time I've been to (or near) College Station I've gotten a strange, uncomfortable feeling (even before making my college decision). It's a palpable unpleasantness, like you are sensing that something isn't right. 

But that's just me, I guess. 

Well it is the beigest place on earth.

Edited by Valmy77

10 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Take a look at the two people responsible for those posts and it's pretty obvious why they immediately felt at home in aggyville.  They pretty much look like every aggy I've ever met. It's like they have a farm for growing unfortunate looking rubes down there.

ipYDX4gd.jpg

e7b98b2496a0681252e7050b814680ef.jpeg

x,x,x,x,x

x,x,x,x,x,x,x,1,x,x,x

16 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Take a look at the two people responsible for those posts and it's pretty obvious why they immediately felt at home in aggyville.  They pretty much look like every aggy I've ever met. It's like they have a farm for growing unfortunate looking rubes down there.

ipYDX4gd.jpg

e7b98b2496a0681252e7050b814680ef.jpeg

There's nothing "unfortunate" about his wife (sister?). 

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

Considering the massive difference in culture and values between the two institutions and their respective alumni bases, it says a lot about the individual's self-identity to identify strongly with one culture and one set of values, and then after only a few hours after being introduced to the other, reject their culture to embrace another so radically different.

Think about it.

How many people have you ever known who took an international vacation and, after the first day of their visit, repudiated their American citizenship and to become a citizen of a foreign nation? I know a number of goyem who have been invited to mitzvahs, yet I know of no one who instantly repudiated their prior religious beliefs to become a member of the tribe.

Vidkun Quisling is a known exception to "instant conversion," but other than his ilk, I can't think of many instances where rational individuals repudiated their culture and values after a short visit to a very different culture.

Obviously, aggy Matt was repressing his closeted aggy true self and found aggy to be the place where he belonged.

And speaking on behalf of all Longhorns, we thank him for his interest in The University of Texas.

Edited by Randolph Duke

I experienced the joy of telling someone at the co-working space about aggy. She had not known. "I'm not making this up" came out of my mouth at multiple points.

Sharing that for the first time is like sharing goatse for the first time. It's not about informing others. It's about dragging them down to your level. These things cannot be un-learned once learned. She will never look at an A&M grad the same again.

11 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I experienced the joy of telling someone at the co-working space about aggy. She had not known. "I'm not making this up" came out of my mouth at multiple points.

Sharing that for the first time is like sharing goatse for the first time. It's not about informing others. It's about dragging them down to your level. These things cannot be un-learned once learned. She will never look at an A&M grad the same again.

Did the same thing for my 8th grade nephew last weekend.  "Are you serious" was asked at least 10 times.  And I was just scratching the surface during a 15min car ride to pick up pizza. He was making fun of the milkmen and fake army by the end of the ride. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Considering the massive difference in culture and values between the two institutions and their respective alumni bases, it says a lot about the individual's self-identity to identify strongly with one culture and one set of values, and then after only a few hours after being introduced to the other, reject their culture to embrace another so radically different.

Think about it.

How many people have you ever known who took an international vacation and, after the first day of their visit, repudiated their American citizenship and to become a citizen of a foreign nation? I know a number of goyem who have been invited to mitzvahs, yet I know of no one who instantly repudiated their prior religious beliefs to become a member of the tribe.

Vidkun Quisling is a known exception to "instant conversion," but other than his ilk, I can't think of many instances where rational individuals repudiated their culture and values after a short visit to a very different culture.

Obviously, aggy Matt was repressing his closeted aggy true self and found aggy to be the place where he belonged.

And speaking on behalf of all Longhorns, we thank him for his interest in The University of Texas.

I know a few that swapped sides and lets say that their opinions and beliefs wouldn't be generally accepted in the longhorn world. Not to go full CR but let say it best they take their political/religious  beliefs else ware. 

Edited by Not a Sock

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

I live in SEC Country and love to tell the aggy stories to my friends and family.  I had my daughter googling the fake army sword fight against the SMU cheerleaders this morning, she probably showed all of her friends at school.

I have educated most of my closest friends pretty well, so I am always excited when we stumble into an area that they weren't aware of.  The LSU / A&M slap fight to protect the sacred grass is actually what brought the SMU sword fight topic up.

For the most part, most of the SEC fans that I interact with have already formed the opinion that aggy is a bunch of weirdos.  For a year or so they thought it was cool how loud they were, and how they all cheered together.  But that phase has long since passed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jinx said:

I live in SEC Country and love to tell the aggy stories to my friends and family.  I had my daughter googling the fake army sword fight against the SMU cheerleaders this morning, she probably showed all of her friends at school.

I have educated most of my closest friends pretty well, so I am always excited when we stumble into an area that they weren't aware of.  The LSU / A&M slap fight to protect the sacred grass is actually what brought the SMU sword fight topic up.

For the most part, most of the SEC fans that I interact with have already formed the opinion that aggy is a bunch of weirdos.  For a year or so they thought it was cool how loud they were, and how they all cheered together.  But that phase has long since passed.

Just send them over to aggypedia.com and warn them that is only scratching the surface of aggy dumbfuckery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Temple is vetting top assistant coaches to replace Geoff Collins, who left for the head job at Georgia Tech.

Temple has quietly become one of the best springboard jobs in the Group of 5, as the formerly moribund program has pushed its last four head coaches, all assistants when originally hired, to Power 5 head coaching gigs.

Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz and Mississippi State DC Bob Shoop are names that fit the mold. SB Nation can confirm Temple has communicated with Diaz.

Current interim head coach Ed Foley is interviewing for the job, too.

Another career assistant is Texas A&M defensive coordinator Mike Elko, who Football Scoop reports is on the Owls’ radar.

While it’s been reported that Alabama co-OC and receivers coach Josh Gattis is interested in the job, we’re told the Owls haven’t reached out for an interview. Former Alabama offensive coordinator Mike Locksley is courting Gattis to join him at Maryland.

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

So what he's really saying is that he was never a true fan and just change the drift wherever the wind blows. Typical freaking aggy, gloryhole lovers one and all.

I can't believe my phone would not spell out g********.

His story is as real as the aggy hospitality fan fiction that pops up after every single one of their home games.

34 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I love how 90% of them think @Clemson is a win.  The same team that has gone to 4 straight playoffs and won 1 of them, and is back there again.  aggy, the fringe program, might take Bama since it's at Kroger, even though the heisman runner-up is returning and it's Bama.  @UGA and @LSU.  

The thing is, they think they can win most of the games if they return everyone, when actually they would have a better chance if some of those guys move on and their young guys step up. They have bought some talent, there are real holes in the roster, but there's some talent in the lit station. 

8 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

I love how 90% of them think @Clemson is a win.  The same team that has gone to 4 straight playoffs and won 1 of them, and is back there again.  aggy, the fringe program, might take Bama since it's at Kroger, even though the heisman runner-up is returning and it's Bama.  @UGA and @LSU.  

The thing is, they think they can win most of the games if they return everyone, when actually they would have a better chance if some of those guys move on and their young guys step up. They have bought some talent, there are real holes in the roster, but there's some talent in the lit station. 

I think it's funny that they have it penciled in for wins against Miss. State and Auburn.

• Like 2