• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

3 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Somebody needs to Tweet back with records vs P5 opponents.

Yeah, Will is a tiny-ducked dumb fuck. 

He’s “arbitrarily” comparing their best stretch in school history versus our worst stretch in school history. 

Even so, they padded their win total with 8 games against FCS schools while we played exactly 0.

Aggy was 38-30 (55%) against P5 schools while we were 44-37 (54%) against P5 schools. We played 81 P5 schools while they only played 68.  

That’s their best years measured against our worst. Someone should slap the shit out of Will. 

• Like 4

You can smell the aggy fear.  They know what's coming.  This is exactly the same thing they wrote in the early 2000s when Mack was really picking up the pace.  Back then it was 1987-96 or so (the Fedex Years) that they tried to crow about.  Like most animals they have an elevated fight or flight reflex to danger.  In the case of aggy it usually manifests as posturing and chest pounding in reaction to danger.

• Like 3

So aggy pads their schedule w/ 3 total gimmie games.  But to see how weak aggy's schedule really is, you have to adjust for the effect of the 3-cupcake diet on their opponents as well. 

Arkansas was winless against P5 competition and managed to lose to TWO G5 teams.

Ole Miss was 2-7 vs P5 teams.

S. Carolina had a losing record vs P5 teams and got skunked by unranked UVa in their bowl.

That's 6 games that any halfway decent team wins just by showing up.

17 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I mean sure, we can spin it our way and he can spin it his way.

The sad thing is though, is that even his 'mike drop' moment his spin is rather weak sauce. We still beat higher ranked teams than he did, even if you just don't mention the horrible wins on their resume.

Why he wastes his time talking to UT fans is a mystery really. He has to to know we are just trying to make him react to us and look stupid. Lose-lose for him.

You just answered your own question, lose-lose, more quality losses for them to debate.

Edited by SHOOTER12

3 hours ago, sushihorn said:

So aggy pads their schedule w/ 3 total gimmie games.  But to see how weak aggy's schedule really is, you have to adjust for the effect of the 3-cupcake diet on their opponents as well. 

Arkansas was winless against P5 competition and managed to lose to TWO G5 teams.

Ole Miss was 2-7 vs P5 teams.

S. Carolina had a losing record vs P5 teams and got skunked by unranked UVa in their bowl.

That's 6 games that any halfway decent team wins just by showing up.

Congratulations! You've cracked the whole SEC scam. 

5 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

He’s “arbitrarily” comparing their best stretch in school history versus our worst stretch in school history. 

Even so, they padded their win total with 8 games against FCS schools while we played exactly 0.

Aggy was 38-30 (55%) against P5 schools while we were 44-37 (54%) against P5 schools. We played 81 P5 schools while they only played 68.  

That’s their best years measured against our worst. Someone should slap the shit out of Will. 

Just to be fair, 2012 is when they joined the might SEC so there is a little logic to it. 

But gotdam they are lucky that their SEC participation (and JFF in 2012-2013) has overlapped our bad years. Now that's changing and it's going to be hard for them to accept. 

8 hours ago, Chad said:

The aggy are thumping their chests about padding their win totals with horrible g5 schools, they're barely over over .500 in the SEC.

It fits the qualifications:

1. Very specific selection of data points that leave out huge amounts of information, designed to dishonestly make A&M look dominant.

2. Are not even particularly impressive or dominant anyway

Oooooh you have lost a mere 31 games in seven seasons. Amazing.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Auburn should be pretty good next year. 

They've had a lot of luck with players not entering the draft. Marlon Davidson, Derrick Brown, and Javaris Davis all returned when all 3 could have declared. 

They're also returning a lot on offense (70% of skill player production and I believe 4 starting OL). It won't happen because of the Alabama/Auburn rivalry but Auburn is where Hurts should transfer. If they added Hurts that team could potentially challenge for a playoff spot next year. 

People talk a lot about Stidham but he was a negative this year for Auburn because he was a terrible fit in Malzahn's system. 

They return all 5 OL, most skill guys like you say, 3/4 of DL and entire secondary minus 1.  They need a QB and to replace all the LB's.  They play aggy early in the year and aggy has more holes to fill than Auburn.  But they've got this one penciled in as an automatic W' so it'll be glorious when they lose.

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

They return all 5 OL, most skill guys like you say, 3/4 of DL and entire secondary minus 1.  They need a QB and to replace all the LB's.  They play aggy early in the year and aggy has more holes to fill than Auburn.  But they've got this one penciled in as an automatic W' so it'll be glorious when they lose.

I trust Gus is playing for his job and will win these match ups

11 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I put my gud opinyun in....like a good texum bulldog.  🤣

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 1

The thing that cracks me up about the ags is they act like the only struggle they face next year is a tough schedule. They lose 5 out of their front 6 on D, their best safety, their only good RB, and their best OL.  They were also unbelievably lucky on the injury front and will have a team with less depth next year. The odds of their team being better next year, regardless of schedule, are very, very low. 

17 hours ago, Hooky Hornstein said:

Most of the A&M grads I know in real life are cool too, but it's often made me wonder something - not just about Aggies but about human nature in general: do all of the reasonable people with different view than ours act the same way and stand up for the same things among their peers, with their filters off, or do a completely different side of them come out?

I have no doubt some of my Aggie friends are exactly the same level-headed people they seem to be, no matter who they're with.  Then again, I have no doubt some of my seemingly sane Aggie friends are probably the most delusional idiots on TexAgs.   You never know what lurks in the heart of man and the downfall of society brings out all the strange.

I have a simple rule when it comes to Aggies. If they mention their school affiliation or fandom within the first 5 minutes of meeting them unsolicited, they are immediately disregarded. Since I live in the Houston burbs, it is a pretty good rule to follow as you can easily distinguish between the cool folks and the regards.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, PencilPusher said:

I have a simple rule when it comes to Aggies. If they mention their school affiliation or fandom within the first 5 minutes of meeting them unsolicited, they are immediately disregarded. Since I live in the Houston burbs, it is a pretty good rule to follow as you can easily distinguish between the cool folks and the regards.

Bingo. Most aggy do bring this up in the first 5 mins of interaction.  One thing I have noticed is aggy alone is a lot more tolerable than 2 or more aggy. 

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Lurking again.  This thread over at rant just started but has soooooo much potential.

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/what-are-aggies-known-for/81350410/#lp

Gaspergou202 iconLSU.gif
LSU Fan
Metairie, LA
Member since Jun 2016
7974 posts

re: What are aggies known forPosted on 1/10/19 at 10:11 am to Okie dokie
#7 all time winning percentage in a 14 school conference. 
M 
E 
D 
I 
O 
C 
R 
I 
T 
Y 
They’re not all that bad, but they’re not all that good either. 

Oh, and there’s that dorky homo-erotic thing too.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. But hey, they are the greatest mediocre program of all time! It takes greatness to be that consistently meh for over 100 years!

(Texas A&M: Home of revocable truths since 1876)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆4 out of 5 stars.

hammster

· 2 hours ago  

need extra small

it's a great shirt but they run too big and not enough SEC mentions

✔ Yes, 

I recommend this product.

4 people found this review helpful.0 people did not find this review helpful.

Helpful?

Yes · 44 people found this review helpful. Click to agree.No · 00 people did not find this review helpful. Click to agree.

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

aggy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PencilPusher said:

aggys