Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

36 minutes ago, texaslong said:

ESPN continues to put him and Finebaum out in front for College Football. They were reporting on Kansas Basketball today and brought in Finebaum to give some insight on what’s happening at Kansas right now. Then shortly after they brought him back on to discuss what’s going on inside the Michigan program with Harbough. Like he has any dealings with either of those schools. 

Just because Finebaum is old and "dribbles" doesn't make him an authority on basketball.

• Like 1

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

They believe they are football royalty. While they may be correct in regards to the amount of inbreeding it takes to be royalty, they will never be able to succeed in a conventional manner, because aggy is not conventional. They're just too stupid to understand that.
In the royal court of college football, aggy is the jester that people laugh at when not around.
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Makes sense, Sam Houston State already has Incarnate Word and Dixie State scheduled, no need to add a 3rd power house to the schedule.

Dang, does Our Lady of the Lake and San Antonio College have football yet?  aggy could be working a juggernaut schedule ahead.

7 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:
2 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:
Damn...does Phlegm have the hots for fitlump?

the aggy boy swanny's posts have a fitlumpian quality to them. I'm beginning to suspect swanny is fitlump in addition to being aggy.

Would make sense because I recall seeing her in an aggy tshirt posted on the other site.

Fran was supposedly the best coach, he couldn't get it done. He thinks that if Jimbo can't get it done here, then we will know that nobody short of a Saban could get it done, and Saban is one in a million.

Here's what boggles my mind:  The formula for success in College Station is not that complicated. Plenty of mid-tier programs have achieved temporary success, before their coaches who "got it" got hired on by better programs. But aggy never has -- and it's not because it's impossible to win there.  No Frank Beamer or Bill Snyder is walking through that door, but that's what it would take there -- someone with a blue collar attitude, and a scheme just slightly out of kilter with the rest of the college football world, who could transform good, not great, talent into great teams. That's not what aggy looks for, though. They look for "great" coaches who "get" them. The problem is, no coach who "gets" them that way is actually great, no matter how much they delude themselves, nor how delicious the press clippings sound beforehand. I was in my aggy boss's office when Fran got hired; he was happy as can be, and I told him at the time, "Suit yourself. That dog won't hunt." I'm not even a football genius, mind you, I'm just a run of the mill fan who could see what everyone not in maroon could see -- Alabama won the Great Fran War. Just like Florida State won the Great Jimbo War.

No one will win at aggy... because aggy. Lather, rinse, repeat.

aggy has had coaches like that in the past. lots of em.

they didn't get the job done at aggy. their problem is they practice loserism and low self esteem. they live in a fantasy world and have since the beginning. I don't know if aggy sends their atheleleletes to fish camp or not but if they do, they are fucked when they come out.

They can be deprogrammed once they escape the cult and become halfway decent players, see the ewok, they are still bitches but play better. no coach while the players are in the aggy environment can be sucessful.

you lived there too long you might want to check into a deprogramming facility to wash that aggy type mentality out of your brain.

or not.

OU sucks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:
4 hours ago, Droopy said:
Hmm, I might talk my aggy wife into going to this game. Would be glorious to see them beat aggy at home..."Yeah, I'm not sure what happened either, but they are a pretty good team and beat Michigan that one time...like y'all beating Alabama...that one time. Remember that?" emoji3.png

Read more  

aggy wife eh? username checks out

OK you old fart...you owe me a shot of Crown Royal.. damn that burned.

• Like 1

ESPN continues to put him and Finebaum out in front for College Football. They were reporting on Kansas Basketball today and brought in Finebaum to give some insight on what’s happening at Kansas right now. Then shortly after they brought him back on to discuss what’s going on inside the Michigan program with Harbough. Like he has any dealings with either of those schools. 
yeah but finey gots a smokin hot bod

46dff004c009d637e95a3c16bd8f48e5.jpg
  • Like 1

Would make sense because I recall seeing her in an aggy tshirt posted on the other site.
yep, I may have that stored away in the picture vault from hell. if I come across it I will post it. somebody will have to quote or repost it for swanny to fap to cause he's a pussyass coward aggy boy. whoop!

I was listening to one of those lunchtime Sirius ESPNU shows yesterday and burns (I believe) was talking about aggy and totally excused the loss saying the first two years for jimbo is "house money". Kept talking up aggy and jimbos brilliance. It was nauseating. 
nauseating?

only if you laugh till you puke.

Jimbo is running one of the greatest confidence games evah.

It's like The Fucking Sting except the music is by ftab instead of Scott Joplin.

it's fucking hilarious.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

This is some stroooooong shit, man:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3062438

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/10-things-im-absolutely-overreacting-to-after-week-4-in-sec/

3. Texas A&M fans (SEC): Aggies fans talk big. Kyle Field draws big, more than 100,000. That's all fine and good, but the stadium emptied out faster than a Big 12 backfield midway through the 4th quarter. No, it didn't look good, but Kellen Mond and the Aggies rallied. If I'm Jimbo, I'm livid. The Aggies didn't quit. But their fans certainly did.

42 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

okay, new rule.

anyone who cops to marrying aggy either coughs up pics, good or bad, or they get a scarlet letter of some kind on their avatar.

please explain how this happened.  she better be hot and available for your needs 24x7.

Or pays us....$1,000,000

Bwahahaha...

Goose61 H AG

Kinda hard for the team to quit when they never really started. We get enough sunshine pumping here, don't need to go to a 3rd party website to get even more.

People have been (wildly) overpaying for 3rd rate results since 2012, therefore it's only natural they they will eventually throw up their hands and walk out in disgust. When people feel they are putting more into the games than the coaches and players are, this is what you get.

Goose61 H AG
Kinda hard for the team to quit when they never really started. We get enough sunshine pumping here, don't need to go to a 3rd party website to get even more.

People have been (wildly) overpaying for 3rd rate results since 2012, therefore it's only natural they they will eventually throw up their hands and walk out in disgust. When people feel they are putting more into the games than the coaches and players are, this is what you get.

since 2012?

must be a whippersnapperaggy

aggy been paying for a lot worse than 3rd rate players since 1894

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

linkfail

4 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

WTH?  All I saw was an advertisement.

My bad, was at work on my phone, here's the better link:

https://dailycaller.com/2019/09/24/texas-am-recruiting-analyst-kevin-sumlin-tweet/

Texas A&M ‘Recruiting Analyst’ Allegedly Threatens Kevin Sumlin’s Career After Tweet

I wish Sumlin no ill will at this point.  In fact, I think much better of him that he's no longer associated with aggy, but I wonder what Hamm's got?  Recruiting violations?  If any thing ever was revealed wouldn't it hurt aggy as much as it would Sumlin?  Who gets penalized?  Which is why Hamm is full of shit.  He has zero intention of making good on his threat.    

• Like 1

You look at Texas or Ohio State and they celebrate their greatness and even fabricated greatness with a monumental trophy room, etc. they also have the good fortune to have a wonderful history of greatness.  

That is such an Aggie way of looking at things. "The programs on the level we aspire to are just lucky that they're great, and it's fabricated anyway!" 

Yes, that's the problem, you guys are just unlucky. Poor unlucky Aggies! Why can't you be lucky like Texas, which over thirteen decades is one of the five winningest programs in college football? MAN we have been lucky for a long time.

Maybe their luck will change for the NEXT 130 years.

The fact is this: A&M has been the program it always wanted to be for exactly one four-year period, 1991-1994. That came on the back of nearly ten years of huge cheating on their part, facilitated by one of the dirtiest coaches in college football history and for which they'd nearly get the death penalty. It also came during an era where the SWC had devolved to C-USA level play because of widespread NCAA probation and out-of-state talent flight. There were bumps surrounding those four years-- the build-up under Sherrill in the late 80s and the gradual comedown under Slocum in the mid-90s-- but it all came from A&M cheating its ass off against a conference full of depleted programs and peaking with them dominating the SWC for four years once the talent built up to a critical mass. Not even A&M could fuck up the talent advantage they enjoyed briefly in the early 90s. 

Of course, that wasn't enough to get them over the hump nationally. Not even close. They didn't realize they'd already peaked heading into 1995 and the beginning of the comedown was spectacularly enjoyable, culminating on December 2, 1995, one of the best days EVER to be a Longhorn. 

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse, but I'll say it one more time: if A&M isn't winning as much as it wants to, that means either that it's not cheating enough or that cheating ISN'T enough to attract an entire roster full of elite players like they had in 1993. 

• Like 2

The more they diploma mill, the less weirdos and dipshits will attend school, who’ll water down their culture, and it will continue to snowball. Eventually they’ll just be Texas Tech but with Shittier academics. There will just be a large chunk of them that are super weird racists that do weird shit. But they’ll be ostracized and mocked among the Normals similarly to the corps now. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The more they diploma mill, the less weirdos and dipshits will attend school, who’ll water down their culture, and it will continue to snowball. Eventually they’ll just be Texas Tech but with Shittier academics. There will just be a large chunk of them that are super weird racists that do weird shit. But they’ll be ostracized and mocked among the Normals similarly to the corps now. 

One of the issues with Texas A&M is that they are not a literary culture. Having a heavy emphasis on vocational education, A&M culture is based much on "lore" and stories. The list of things aggys believe about themselves that the historical record doesn't support is massive, but aggys insist their fairy tales accurately reflect who they are (Their "!2th Man" fairy tale, that they supplied more officers during WWII than the academies, their silly "we stole a howitzer and took it on a train to Baylor, fabulous and opulent wealth, payscale.com, etc, etc, etc).

The ags see themselves as a academic and athletics powerhouse. They can't accept who they really are. The bottom line is they are having great difficulty understanding why the reality of their situation doesn't fit with the image they have of themselves. They continue to believe "if we only" then "that one missing element" will come to them and their fairy tale hopes will become their reality. But that will never happen, because their core problems are much different than what aggys perceives.

"Texas cheats," "we now have our hero and savior" (remember when they literally were worshiping Kevin Sumlin's penis?), "wait until next year," "BOMC."

College Station just isn't attractive when compared to many other college locations. The aggy culture "takes getting used to." They are not a culture capable of finding the most talented athletics department leadership and giving that individual the authority to shape the athletics department. The financial realities of A&M do not allow for constant incremental investment and upgrades to facilities, thus leaving them in a "fall far behind and spend at once to catch up" reality. All their facilities are far surpassed by a number of other schools. The problems are many, but they begin with leadership. A&M has never had strong, visionary leadership. They don't have it now. They want things to change, yet they insist nothing can be allowed to change.

They should have paid big money for a strong AD, not for Jimbo Fisher. Until A&M changes, they will always remain the same. A second-tier institution in every way.

I think its a culture that is based a lot on the adulation that is heaped on our student athletes. We as fans, students, former students, donors, employees, etc... strut around like we are the best in everything, have the best in everything, and by extension, the best student athletes. ****, we have multiple web sites, including this one, where there is a whole lot of sunshine pumping going on. The media pumps the sunshine as well because it sells copy. And unless there is a scandal, which also sells copy, the sunshine will continue to be cast about the program. This culture is pervasive and affects football, basketball, and baseball.

When a student athlete becomes immersed with this culture, I can see how he/she would begin to think they are special. They walk into facilities that are second to none. They have every resource imaginable at their disposal. For instance, we take a 737 for the men's basketball team to travel, a 737 that seats 125+ for a team that has 12 players and maybe 10 support staff. Granted they are taller than most but it is this over the top treatment they receive that I think takes away the hunger to be great. Our student athletes do not lack or want for anything. It breeds complacency. I don't know how much it has filtered over to the women's side but it definitely resides on the men's side.

F This

1 Who is the richest school in the SEC and one of the richest public schools in the US? We are!
2. Who sits in the middle of BEast Texas, the richest and most fertal recruiting grounds in the US?
3. Who has a more hungry set of fans ?
4. Who has an Alumni as big and wealthy as we have? Very F'ing few.

We have all we need to be a top school, we need to quit tripping over our own dicks with stupid **** like this and just be fans of the team.

It's not about trusting Jimbo, it's about giving him real time to build something. It would be nice if we had Bob Stoops type success, and win a Natty 2 years after he arrives. Mack Brown went 7 years before he won a Natty, that was also the same time he won his first conference championship.

Quit crying that we don't have a winning tradition. What did Miami have before Bernie Kosar and Howard Schnellenberger? What did Clemson have before Dabo? What did FSU have before Bowden?

Greatness has to start somewhere. If we don't have greatness, let it start with Jimbo.

Edited by Randolph Duke

11 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

I was listening to one of those lunchtime Sirius ESPNU shows yesterday and burns (I believe) was talking about aggy and totally excused the loss saying the first two years for jimbo is "house money". Kept talking up aggy and jimbos brilliance. It was nauseating. 

It's house money, alright.  $15M can buy Jimbo a hell of a house. 

More good news for him, they're on the hook for $60M more.

33 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Kill Switch 8:06p, 9/24/19

F This
1 Who is the richest school in the SEC and one of the richest public schools in the US? We are!
2. Who sits in the middle of BEast Texas, the richest and most fertal recruiting grounds in the US?
3. Who has a more hungry set of fans ?
4. Who has an Alumni as big and wealthy as we have? Very F'ing few.

We have all we need to be a top school, we need to quit tripping over our own dicks with stupid **** like this and just be fans of the team.
It's not about trusting Jimbo, it's about giving him real time to build something. It would be nice if we had Bob Stoops type success, and win a Natty 2 years after he arrives. Mack Brown went 7 years before he won a Natty, that was also the same time he won his first conference championship.
Quit crying that we don't have a winning tradition. What did Miami have before Bernie Kosar and Howard Schnellenberger? What did Clemson have before Dabo? What did FSU have before Bowden?
Greatness has to start somewhere. If we don't have greatness, let it start with Jimbo.https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3062888/replies/55019647

On Sunday, i was worried that skynet was becoming self-aware.  Thank god they are back to normal.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

Sirius CFB 84 loves them some aggy. The guys in the morning are way worse.