• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

When speaking to a class at A&M a couple years ago the professor who requested my visit gave me some good natured ribbing about being a UT grad with 3 UT grad children.  My comeback was to tell the students how "happy I was to be on the A&M campus today" and go on to say "the last time I was surrounded by this many Aggies the scoreboard read 27-25".
They laughed....because they had to.
I tried - and failed - to find the pic I posted on the old site from when I went to aggy-San Antonio for a pinball repair and put a custom message on the machine's attract mode rotation:

Texas - 27
TAMU - 25
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Why do they think Alabama needs Tua to beat them?  They didn't have Tua the other 5 times Alabama won, right?  Same thing for Burrow, there are lots and lots of years of ag losses to LSU before Burrow got there.

Strange creature, are the ags.

It was the same when we played them.  Everyone we lost was irreplaceable and every new guy they had was an upgrade.  Every. Damn. Year.

• Like 1

They already use plenty, believe me. I used to distill our drinking water, back when I lived amongst them, and it was astounding how much crystalline gunk was left over at the end of every purified batch.
For normal domestic use, residual chlorine levels at the point where the consumer collects water should be between 0.2 and 0.5 ppm. The FDA upper limit is 4 ppm, but hardly anyone does that, unless they live in the middle of a bio-warfare armory.
College Station self-reports 1.73 ppm. Which I suppose I should be grateful for, because who the hell knows what would have crawled up out of the Brazos to strangle me in my sleep if they hadn't bleached it to death.

ef7b1280be3472ceca4ea0f8cc06a536.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

A&M goes to both Auburn and Alabama in 2020. That alone makes their odds of winning the division slim, even if you assume they win the rest of the games including LSU (which is a silly assumption).

Even if they did, they'd have to win the SEC Championship game (beating Georgia, most likely), which they've never done. That's just to get into the playoff, and then they'd have to beat two teams on the level of Clemson/Ohio State (win two NY6 caliber bowl games back to back, from a program that has won one of them in the last 30 years).

The odds of that are astronomically slim, so yes I'm going to say they cannot "in theory" compete for a national championship. 

A&M goes to both Auburn and Alabama in 2020. That alone makes their odds of winning the division slim, even if you assume they win the rest of the games including LSU (which is a silly assumption).
Even if they did, they'd have to win the SEC Championship game (beating Georgia, most likely), which they've never done. That's just to get into the playoff, and then they'd have to beat two teams on the level of Clemson/Ohio State (win two NY6 caliber bowl games back to back, from a program that has won one of them in the last 30 years).
The odds of that are astronomically slim, so yes I'm going to say they cannot "in theory" compete for a national championship. 
wat?

yes they CAN COMPETE for a nc.

com·pete

/kəmˈpēt/

verb

strive to gain or win something by defeating or establishing superiority over others who are trying to do the same.

"universities are competing for applicants"

Similar:

take part

play

be a contestant

participate

be involved

get involved

engage

enter

go in for

throw one's hat in the ring

vie

fight

clash

tussle

grapple

wrestle

wrangle

jockey

cross swords

go head to head

strive against

struggle against

pit oneself against

take on

try to beat

pitch oneself against

take part in a contest.

"he competed in numerous mass sheep fucks as a child"

so yes aggy can compete for a national championship.

they have no fucking chance in hell of winning one, but they can compete just not sucessfuly.

you seem stupid.

the aggy english dept apparently sucks ass.

whoop!

7d71768146fa2d3c61a8b0e4d0e479d3.jpga003574cf64f65f1ec8c9ad4b4532991.jpg
8d431352a16e5c7052da430ef0d14b47.jpg

yer mom's lump can bee seen from Mars.
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

I stand corrected.

You are correct.

I was under the impression the Hall of Fame was part of the SEZ project. I was misinformed. The lack of attention of a North Endzone upgrade during the South Endzone project lead me to believe the South Endzone was where things were happening.

Mea culpa.

Beat me up. Stone me to death. Do with me as you see fit.

I was lead to believe the SEZ was one, cohesive project that was going to be a showcase. I didn't realize the Hall of Fame was a parenthetical, and not part of the showcase.

That’s ok Randy, I farted during First Communion too.

• Haha 1

This Peter Burns (Sounds like an STD) is the same clown that claimed LSU would blow Texas out, ESPN has gone down the drains over the years. You're allegedly some kind of SEC expert and you don't see the aggy underachieve every year? Paying Jumbo big money doesn't make a shit, he's no longer coaching in an underwhelming ACC conference or a school with a winning tradition. Nobody besides the aggy and this Peter Burns believe they'll make any kind of noise in 2020.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

That SHSU game is a much needed breather from their brutal 2022 schedule which includes tough games against Appalachian State and UMass

Hmm, I might talk my aggy wife into going to this game. Would be glorious to see them beat aggy at home..."Yeah, I'm not sure what happened either, but they are a pretty good team and beat Michigan that one time...like y'all beating Alabama...that one time. Remember that?" 😀

• Haha 1

Hmm, I might talk my aggy wife into going to this game. Would be glorious to see them beat aggy at home..."Yeah, I'm not sure what happened either, but they are a pretty good team and beat Michigan that one time...like y'all beating Alabama...that one time. Remember that?" 
aggy wife eh? username checks out
  • Haha 1

The rednecks are asking themselves why they are doomed to continuously be nothing more than an also-ran in college sports (they should just go ahead and extend that to life itself, but I digress).

Slowly they are beginning to come around to te fact that the redneck, “dress up and march around stuff” and live-action role-playing as soldiers from the Spanish-American War isn't something young people outside of the aggy redneck, white trash core demographic want anything to do with.

The freak show of a culture on that campus is what holds back aggy athletics and aggy academics. They aren't capable of recognizing the obvious. Because of their aggyness, Texas A&M will never recruit well enough to win a national championship in any major sport. They are starting to realize they are their own biggest impediment to success, but they aren't smart enough to figure out the obvious.

Players not buying in?

770 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 43 sec ago by Panama Red
queso1
5:36p AG

I was speaking to a friend of mine and he regularly maintains that we look like the same team year after year and experience mediocrity regardless of coach or scheme because players aren't buying into the culture of TAMU. I agree with him that short of 2012, we always look the same mediocre team.

He says that students and alumni have their vision of TAMU culture (yell practice, Silver taps, muster, E-walk etc), but players obviously aren't interested in this and aren't buying into it, which is expected. Players at Bama probably don't buy into the same things the students at Bama buy into, but they are invested in the Bama program.

He believes it is all due to the Athletic department. Says that we really have nothing to distinguish us from any other school except for a great stadium. You look at Texas or Ohio State and they celebrate their greatness and even fabricated greatness with a monumental trophy room, etc. they also have the good fortune to have a wonderful history of greatness.

Our players really have nothing to buy into. Our last NC was 1939 and our last conference championship was 1998. Fran was supposedly the best coach, he couldn't get it done. He thinks that if Jimbo can't get it done here, then we will know that nobody short of a Saban could get it done, and Saban is one in a million.

I'm sure the first few posts will consist of "shut up" and other flames, but once we get past that, we can have a discussion. Thoughts? If he is on the right train of thought, how do we fix it? Is it fixable?
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3062888/replies/55018918

4 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:

wat?

yes they CAN COMPETE for a nc.

so yes aggy can compete for a national championship.

they have no fucking chance in hell of winning one, but they can compete just not sucessfuly.

you seem stupid.

the aggy english dept apparently sucks ass.

whoop!

7d71768146fa2d3c61a8b0e4d0e479d3.jpga003574cf64f65f1ec8c9ad4b4532991.jpg
8d431352a16e5c7052da430ef0d14b47.jpg

yer mom's lump can bee seen from Mars.

Damn...does Phlegm have the hots for fitlump?

3 hours ago, Chad said:

This Peter Burns (Sounds like an STD) is the same clown that claimed LSU would blow Texas out, ESPN has gone down the drains over the years. You're allegedly some kind of SEC expert and you don't see the aggy underachieve every year? Paying Jumbo big money doesn't make a shit, he's no longer coaching in an underwhelming ACC conference or a school with a winning tradition. Nobody besides the aggy and this Peter Burns believe they'll make any kind of noise in 2020.

So they will miss out on Cup Cake week in November?   What a shame.....

Fran was supposedly the best coach, he couldn't get it done. He thinks that if Jimbo can't get it done here, then we will know that nobody short of a Saban could get it done, and Saban is one in a million.

Here's what boggles my mind:  The formula for success in College Station is not that complicated. Plenty of mid-tier programs have achieved temporary success, before their coaches who "got it" got hired on by better programs. But aggy never has -- and it's not because it's impossible to win there

No Frank Beamer or Bill Snyder is walking through that door, but that's what it would take there -- someone with a blue collar attitude, and a scheme just slightly out of kilter with the rest of the college football world, who could transform good, not great, talent into great teams.

That's not what aggy looks for, though. They look for "great" coaches who "get" them. The problem is, no coach who "gets" them that way is actually great, no matter how much they delude themselves, nor how delicious the press clippings sound beforehand. I was in my aggy boss's office when Fran got hired; he was happy as can be, and I told him at the time, "Suit yourself. That dog won't hunt." I'm not even a football genius, mind you, I'm just a run of the mill fan who could see what everyone not in maroon could see -- Alabama won the Great Fran War. Just like Florida State won the Great Jimbo War.

No one will win at aggy... because aggy. Lather, rinse, repeat.

3 hours ago, Droopy said:

Hmm, I might talk my aggy wife into going to this game. Would be glorious to see them beat aggy at home..."Yeah, I'm not sure what happened either, but they are a pretty good team and beat Michigan that one time...like y'all beating Alabama...that one time. Remember that?" 😀

Edited by Rimbo

14 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Here's what boggles my mind:  The formula for success in College Station is not that complicated. Plenty of mid-tier programs have achieved temporary success, before their coaches who "got it" got hired on by better programs. But aggy never has -- and it's not because it's impossible to win there

No Frank Beamer or Bill Snyder is walking through that door, but that's what it would take there -- someone with a blue collar attitude, and a scheme just slightly out of kilter with the rest of the college football world, who could transform good, not great, talent into great teams.

That's not what aggy looks for, though. They look for "great" coaches who "get" them. The problem is, no coach who "gets" them that way is actually great, no matter how much they delude themselves, nor how delicious the press clippings sound beforehand. I was in my aggy boss's office when Fran got hired; he was happy as can be, and I told him at the time, "Suit yourself. That dog won't hunt." I'm not even a football genius, mind you, I'm just a run of the mill fan who could see what everyone not in maroon could see -- Alabama won the Great Fran War. Just like Florida State won the Great Jimbo War.

No one will win at aggy... because aggy. Lather, rinse, repeat.

They believe they are football royalty. While they may be correct in regards to the amount of inbreeding it takes to be royalty, they will never be able to succeed in a conventional manner, because aggy is not conventional. They're just too stupid to understand that.

4 hours ago, Chad said:

ESPN continues to put him and Finebaum out in front for College Football. They were reporting on Kansas Basketball today and brought in Finebaum to give some insight on what’s happening at Kansas right now. Then shortly after they brought him back on to discuss what’s going on inside the Michigan program with Harbough. Like he has any dealings with either of those schools.