• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

15 hours ago, nnm said:

AIT-3D.png
For over a decade, head coach Rob Childress has built Texas A&M into one of the elite college baseball programs in the country. All It Takes Is Everything You’ve Got takes you behind the scenes of the Aggie baseball program, allowing you to meet the players, coaches, and others responsible for that success. 

Given unrestricted access to the inner workings of Texas A&M Baseball, Heath Clary takes you into the dugout, the coaches’ offices, and inside the locker room to chronicle one season of big-time college baseball. This book combines personal profiles with coaching decisions, baseball strategy, and much more to show fans what it’s like to go through the ups and downs of a 56-game schedule. 
https://www.amazon.com/All-Takes-Everything-Youve-Got/dp/1695871146

(This was a 2019 publication). 

I'm confused by the cover.  Is that about one of college baseball's best programs or is it about texas a&m?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

10398417.png

Hmm. It's almost as if their fanbase can't support their continued expansion of facilities that were never at critical mass, and that renovation and expansion donations are short lived and not applicable to long term revenue even though Clay Travis said they were. So weird..  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, DeadArmadillo said:

Robby Childress is gone. Official from the AD that he won’t be renewed.

Texags thinks they have a legitimate shot at Corbin, Tadlock, and the Tennessee coach, Vitello. Like they just need to pick the one that meets their standards

No, I’m not kidding. Go look it up

never underestimate an Aggie's ability to outbid himself

"hey, y'all wan' come coach our baseball team?"

"no"

"well lemme ask another way, there, boy-- how much would it take to git you to come coach our baseball team?"

"ten million dollars"

"MAKE IT ELEVEN MILLION! NO TWELVE, TWELVE'S A MAGIC NUMBER!"

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Hmm. It's almost as if their fanbase can't support their continued expansion of facilities that were never at critical mass, and that renovation and expansion donations are short lived and not applicable to long term revenue even though Clay Travis said they were. So weird..  

A&M ran out of money before they got around to replacing their outdoor track facility that was condemned back around 2004. Their track stadium has nowhere near the capacity to host even the state high school meet, so their dream of some day hosting the Olympic T&F qualifying meet will never happen. Neither will their dream of someday hosting the Olympic Summer Games in College Station, Texas.

Attached are aggy's athletics financials for the past five fiscal years. This past year was the first without the money from their capital campaign. As predicted by yours truly, aggy's gross revenue is around $160mil/yr. That doesn't even put A&M in the top 10 NCAA programs, let alone not at the top of the list.

Their white trash dreams of being "redneck rich" have vaporized.

Ignore Clay Travis. He knows little of NCAA athletics financials. His "SECN" prognostication that Mississippi State (and, of course, aggy) would have greater revenues than Texas, Notre Dame, Ohio State, etc should have given everyone a hint of his lack of understanding of the subject.

Of note on their 2020 financials is "Athletics Related Debt" - $303,844,905; "Institutional Endowments" - $471,389,973. (page 68)

Their athletics department is swimming in debt and their school's endowment is nowhere the largest of any public university in the galaxy. Their privately (non-PUF) endowment is about 1/3 of that of TCU and about 1/8 of that of UT Austin.

Texas A&M 2016 NCAA financials.pdf Texas A&M 2017 NCAA financials.pdf Texas A&M 2018 NCAA financials.pdf Texas A&M 2019 NCAA financials.pdf Texas A&M 2020 NCAA financials.pdf

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 4

Two things regarding the 2020 information:

1) How do you lose money on camps? They had $540k-ish in camp revenue and $940k-ish in expenses, thus losing $400k. Women's soccer accounted for the lion's share of both the revenue and the expenses with their camp efforts. Weird. I assume this is a by-product of corona.

2) Their "Other Operating Expenses" section 40 reflects close to $19million in expenses. These are usually just random expenses that don't fall into any standard bucket, like a trip to a conference for the staff or something. The $19million component pushes the total to more than 10% of their total expenses, and therefore requires commenting of the top 3 types of expenses that this bucket is accounting for in the details.

Those comments are not included in the financials as presented. It looks like a red flag, but I don't enough to know that there aren't perfectly legitimate items that could lead to something like that. Shit maybe that's corona or something. Or maybe that's where they're hiding monies being paid out to handlers or something. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

A&M ran out of money before they got around to replacing their outdoor track facility that was condemned back around 2004. Their track stadium has nowhere near the capacity to host even the state high school meet, so their dream of some day hosting the Olympic T&F qualifying meet will never happen. Neither will their dream of someday hosting the Olympic Summer Games in College Station, Texas.

Attached are aggy's athletics financials for the past five fiscal years. This past year was the first without the money from their capital campaign. As predicted by yours truly, aggy's gross revenue is around $160mil/yr. That doesn't even put A&M in the top 10 NCAA programs, let alone not at the top of the list.

Their white trash dreams of being "redneck rich" have vaporized.

Ignore Clay Travis. He knows little of NCAA athletics financials. His "SECN" prognostication that Mississippi State (and, of course, aggy) would have greater revenues than Texas, Notre Dame, Ohio State, etc should have given everyone a hint of his lack of understanding of the subject.

Of note on their 2020 financials is "Athletics Related Debt" - $303,844,905; "Institutional Endowments" - $471,389,973. (page 68)

Their athletics department is swimming in debt and their school's endowment is nowhere the largest of any public university in the galaxy. Their privately (non-PUF) endowment is about 1/3 of that of TCU and about 1/8 of that of UT Austin.

Texas A&M 2016 NCAA financials.pdf 1.01 MB · 0 downloads Texas A&M 2017 NCAA financials.pdf 141.01 kB · 0 downloads Texas A&M 2018 NCAA financials.pdf 144.04 kB · 0 downloads Texas A&M 2019 NCAA financials.pdf 144.96 kB · 1 download Texas A&M 2020 NCAA financials.pdf 146.39 kB · 6 downloads

So you are saying aggy is a swimming school now?  No wonder Eddie retired.😂

12 minutes ago, cochamps said:

So you are saying aggy is a swimming school now?  No wonder Eddie retired.😂

Texas athletics added two more national championships this year (men's swimming, women's tennis), was runner up in Vball, third nationally in yet another sport (rowing), and three more teams not only still competing (m/w golf, baseball) but having decent shots at adding at least one more NCAA title. Post-season berths for all three major sports.

UT men's swimming has more national championships in just that one program than aggy has in all sports, (both genders) in the history of their school.

Texas only competes in 20 sports. In 7 of 20 sports Texas was a legitimate national championship contender this past year.

And not one of the alumni or current students thinks 7 of 20 being legitimate national championship contenders is good enough.

Meanwhile in College Station, with zero teams still competing, Jimbo is getting an early start scouring the nation for athletically skilled Uncle Toms and the rest of the aggys get an early start on memorizing the names of the Alabama football roster in case they meet one this summer in an airport and get to ask the Bama player to drop his pants so they can sniff his jock strap.

aggy athletics is a fucking joke. Sadly, no better than aggy academics.

But on a positive note, the vaccine manufacturing lab at A&M will "supply preventive vaccine for pandemic influenza, and will be able to supply 50 million vaccine doses within four months of receiving a strain of the flu, with initial doses ready in 12 weeks."

And this weekend, if you run into one of the aggy fraternity boys wearing his fake army costume, remember to thank him for his service to our country because joining up for the kiddie corps at A&M is just like being on active military duty.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Texas athletics added two more national championships this year (men's swimming, women's tennis), was runner up in Vball, third nationally in yet another sport (rowing), and three more teams not only still competing (m/w golf, baseball) but having decent shots at adding at least one more NCAA title. Post-season berths for all three major sports.

U

Softball is still competing in the postseason

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/10/2021 at 10:17 AM, Scheiss Meister said:

An aggy coworker told me earlier this season that those were the best looking baseball uniforms in college baseball.  WTF is wrong with aggys?

Well they prefer this

DecisiveDisastrousFirecrest-size_restric

To this

4f988321c201a335adaf6063b981b056.jpg

So not much surprises me about those backward fucks. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

UT men's swimming has more national championships in just that one program than aggy has in all sports, (both genders) in the history of their school.

Texas only competes in 20 sports. In 7 of 20 sports Texas was a legitimate national championship contender this past year.

And not one of the alumni or current students thinks 7 of 20 being legitimate national championship contenders is good enough.

Meanwhile in College Station, with zero teams still competing, Jimbo is getting an early start scouring the nation for athletically skilled Uncle Toms and the rest of the aggys get an early start on memorizing the names of the Alabama football roster in case they meet one this summer in an airport and get to ask the Bama player to drop his pants so they can sniff his jock strap.

aggy athletics is a fucking joke. Sadly, no better than aggy academics.

But on a positive note, the vaccine manufacturing lab at A&M will "supply preventive vaccine for pandemic influenza, and will be able to supply 50 million vaccine doses within four months of receiving a strain of the flu, with initial doses ready in 12 weeks."

And this weekend, if you run into one of the aggy fraternity boys wearing his fake army costume, remember to thank him for his service to our country because joining up for the kiddie corps at A&M is just like being on active military duty.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

Women's rowing isn't done.  Championships are this coming weekend.

1 hour ago, ButtFumble said:

that debt and debt service is massive

the latest numbers I see Texas owes $179 million which is a lot, but nowhere near $303 million with a $23 million annual debt service

UT’s athletic dept. debt service for 2021-2022 will be $16,000,000.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

so aggy with a $23 million dollar debt service vs Texas with $16 million is once again showing up the sips and flexing SEC SEC SEC money right?.....asking for a neighbor aggy accounting major

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Here is the UT 2020 financial. Along with Alabama, tOSU, OU. Pick any others you want. Yes, I have them.

(I forget which asshole was bashing me about my not having published my article about the financial situation of the various program. Fuck you again. I'm kind of busy these days.)

Just for fun, I will add in Arky, Texas Tech, Wisconsin.

Run the numbers as a percentage of gross revenues.

I'll spare you the lecture about how Bill Gates can afford a $1 mil monthly mortgage payment when Johnny Manziel won't qualify for a $1k/mo mobile home rent payment.

I can play this game all night. Pick your school.

As a percentage of revenues, aggy is buried in debt. What has saved them is being able to refinance and extend their debt in a low interest rate environment.

And no, aggy has still not repaid the "interest free loan" they first took out in 2006.

Oh, and for you worthless redneck racist jock sniffers, I will add in LSU.

Breathe deep, aggy.

UT Austin 2020 NCAA financials.pdf Alabama 2020 NCAA financials.pdf Ohio State 2020 NCAA financials.pdf OU FY2020 NCAA AUP Report(1).pdf

Arky NCAA 2020 financials.pdf Texas Tech 2020_NCAA_Financial_Report(1).pdf Wisconsin FY20_NCAA_Report.pdf

LSU NCAA Financial Report - FY20.pdf

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1

So after reading the UT 2020 stuff, compared to my prior points regarding ATM, a few additional thoughts:

1) UT made roughly $600k in the same cycle on camps while ATM lost $400k. That's a million dollar swing on something kind of trivial, but there's actually no reason for either school to be losing money, much less a big ass chunk of money, on camps, let alone women's soccer.

2) UT's "Other Operating Expenses" category amounted to $6.5 in total expenses against $173.6 in overall expenses, a percentage against the total of 3.74%. Seems to make sense and that doesn't meet the 10% threshold of total expenses, so no need to comment that out.

3) It turns out there is a section in which the school is required to leave comments in the document if the 10% threshold is surpassed. Page 74. 

4) ATM's "Other Operating Expenses", as I referenced earlier, exceeded the 10% threshold coming in at 11.5% of total expenses, and almost 3 times the size of UT's total. That's $18.3 against $159.1. 

5) ATM intentionally left their comment section on page 74 blank even though that was a requirement for their level of relative expense. 

Something is fishy there. People should look into it. The reason that shit is often required to be disclosed is because, yeah, if you don't require some fact-checking, it's an invitation to hide shit in your expenses that you'd prefer not to discuss externally or be accountable for to the public.

Edited by closetojumping
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

So after reading the UT 2020 stuff, compared to my prior points regarding ATM, a few additional thoughts:

1) UT made roughly $600k in the same cycle on camps while ATM lost $400k. That's a million dollar swing on something kind of trivial, but there's actually no reason for either school to be losing money, much less a big ass chunk of money, on camps, let alone women's soccer.

2) UT's "Other Operating Expenses" category amounted to $6.5 in total expenses against $173.6 in overall expenses, a percentage against the total of 3.74%. Seems to make sense and that doesn't meet the 10% threshold of total expenses, so no need to comment that out.

3) It turns out there is a section in which the school is required to leave comments in the document if the 10% threshold is surpassed. Page 74. 

4) ATM's "Other Operating Expenses", as I referenced earlier, exceeded the 10% threshold coming in at 11.5% of total expenses, and almost 3 times the size of UT's total. That's $18.3 against $159.1. 

5) ATM intentionally left their comment section on page 74 blank even though that was a requirement for their level of relative expense. 

Something is fishy there. People should look into it. The reason that shit is often required to be disclosed is because, yeah, if you don't require some fact-checking, it's an invitation to hide shit in your expenses that you'd prefer not to discuss externally or be accountable for to the public.

Karen KeyLargo expenses?

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Karen KeyLargo expenses?

4 minutes ago, Deej said:

That's a lot of peanut butter.

I get the joke and it's not an unhumorous thread, but do you guys think my premise is that far off? I have a FIN degree but I've always used it for business planning/M&A/budgeting/forecasting purposes within the start-up and SMB world for my own private purposes. I'm pretty sure there are some resident accounting and/or finance people that look at public companies, non-profits, and government disclosures on the reg that it would be interesting to hear from in terms of whether that shit is a thing or not. Fraud at ATM as it pertains to sports, and them thinking they could get away with it, would be very on-brand.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I get the joke and it's not an unhumorous thread, but do you guys think my premise is that far off? I have a FIN degree but I've always used it for business planning/M&A/budgeting/forecasting purposes within the start-up and SMB world for my own private purposes. I'm pretty sure there are some resident accounting and/or finance people that look at public companies, non-profits, and government disclosures on the reg that it would be interesting to hear from in terms of whether that shit is a thing or not. Fraud at ATM as it pertains to sports, and them thinking they could get away with it, would be very on-brand.

Well, I was just a history major... so I’ll defer to the bean counters and money types.

28 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Its not fraud at A&M. The entirety of the NCAA fights at every turn to prevent any semblance of transparency to involve itself with college athletics.

What is disgusting is that the NCAA is the collective university presidents. Not one of them has the balls to take a leadership position and help clean up college athletics.

Because it's all about the student athletes.

There is a lot of fraud perpetuated by TAMU athletics. But it's not in their NCAA athletics reports. It's in their "Gill was alone on the sideline" and "more officers during WWII than both academies combined" kind of shit.

aggys are some of the least honest people you will ever meet. They are disgusting racist white trash. But the NCAA reports where the NCAA started from the beginning to make sure the NCAA financial reports offered no transparency whatsoever aren't the problem.

The problem is with Jay Hartzell and his ilk. And their wanting to stuff their own pockets instead of doing the right thing for the student athletes.

I’m not wanting to bash Jay as an individual, but where is the leadership we expect in difficult situations? Since when has the “UT experience” been about looking the other way when leadership was called for? 

Edited by Randolph Duke

Far off for a school whose chancellor probably funneled hurricane relief money to their football program? I'm guessing not far off.
Every penny of that hurricane relief money is clean as a whistle sir, how dare you.

It was funneled into construction/cleanup contracts which happen to be aggy owned by pure coinicidence. If those same aggy owners want to increase their donations a wee bit due to extra profits, who are we to judge?
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Tech has done really well paying off debt while adding facilities....in a 2017 article about athletics debt Tech was up around $125 million they are at $72 now so they have paid off about $10 million a year while adding a football practice facility, a basketball practice facility, and an athletics dining facility that is really nice.....Tech also has over 20X the athletics endowment that aggy has and Tech at $28 million is pretty healthy compared to a lot of P5 programs I believe....this with football in the shitter too....get that turned around and that is another easy $3+ million in annual revenue for Tech probably closer to $4

to be fair I do think a lot of the aggy university endowment must be in a private foundation and thus it does not have to be listed here....they have an endowment that is well over $400 million excluding any PUF money it is in the billions....I would think they have some athletics endowment in there as well

fucking LSU.....$200 million in athletics debt and that is 2/5 of the total university debt....get that shit under control really...I mean SEC SEC SEC money and shit you are embarrassing aggy...oh wait you are not because won NC and spent money on athletics...

Wisconsin has a really good athletics endowment....Alabama was not bad either, but shit their total university debt is only $400 million less than UT....Nick better keep winning and drawing on all those out of state tuition payers 

tOSU is packing some athletics debt at $250 million and damn $3.2 billion in total debt over twice Texas....but their budget is 2X Texas as well and their endowment is about $1 billion more so they are probably OK....a medical school, dental school, and vet school, plus being the state land grant will crank up that budget and they are a really good university and do a hell of a lot of research so that is no surprise.......but if a lot of dumb fucks that complain about the PUF and Texas and aggy getting it (and PVAMU) if they they saw the budget of Texas vs other peer public schools they might realize how well Texas does with PUF money

OU was about where I thought they would be....their athletics debt is a little higher than I thought and their total debt is a bit high and their endowment must be in "private" hands as well....their athletics endowment was not terrible, but it was less than Tech and they should do better on that with their history and budget.....but overall they look to be in good shape.....they also kicked $5.4 million to academics so good on them

Arkansas was about right where I expected their athletics debt is up there, but they keep building shit and with football in the shitter for a few years that hurts them.....mens BB will be a help it looks like for a while and baseball is a definite money maker for them so that helps 

Edited by ButtFumble

PDF-to-Excel'ed a few of these and put them together for anyone who wants it.  @Randolph Duke if you already have a big excel file with all the data (historicals too), I'd love to get my hands on that.

Things that stuck out to me (and I only looked at 2020 so wouldn't be shocked if some of these are going to just be pandemic anomalies):

• UT's recruiting budget is only at $1.7M which feels low.  A&M at $2.6M, LSU at $2.8M, Bama at $3.4M.  We are closer to Tech who is at $1.6M.
  • UT blows same schools out of water in our "fund raising, marketing and promotion" expense line item at $6.5M.  Next closest is Alabama at $3.7M, aggie at $230k (maybe a categorization issue).
  • Bama's "Medical Expense and Insurance" line item at $3.0M which is significantly higher than anyone else.  UT at $1.6M, aggie at $1.0M, LSU at $1.25M, Tech at $1.7M.  Random noise or are they doing something different (HGH)?
  • Something seems off to me that LSU is only showing $4.3M in royalties, licensing and advertisement revenue.  UT and aggie dwarf that figure at $39M and $17.9M.  Surprisingly, somehow Tech comes in higher than Bama here at $14.5M and $13.0M respectively.  Some kind of categorization issue?

NCAA Financials - University Comparison.xlsx

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I too agree that RD needs to make a formal demand that comments be published.

RD-

Let us know when completed and post it here.

Carry on.

7 hours ago, 40acredropout said:

PDF-to-Excel'ed a few of these and put them together for anyone who wants it.  @Randolph Duke if you already have a big excel file with all the data (historicals too), I'd love to get my hands on that.

Things that stuck out to me (and I only looked at 2020 so wouldn't be shocked if some of these are going to just be pandemic anomalies):

• UT's recruiting budget is only at $1.7M which feels low.  A&M at $2.6M, LSU at $2.8M, Bama at $3.4M.  We are closer to Tech who is at $1.6M.
  • UT blows same schools out of water in our "fund raising, marketing and promotion" expense line item at $6.5M.  Next closest is Alabama at $3.7M, aggie at $230k (maybe a categorization issue).
  • Bama's "Medical Expense and Insurance" line item at $3.0M which is significantly higher than anyone else.  UT at $1.6M, aggie at $1.0M, LSU at $1.25M, Tech at $1.7M.  Random noise or are they doing something different (HGH)?
  • Something seems off to me that LSU is only showing $4.3M in royalties, licensing and advertisement revenue.  UT and aggie dwarf that figure at $39M and $17.9M.  Surprisingly, somehow Tech comes in higher than Bama here at $14.5M and $13.0M respectively.  Some kind of categorization issue?

NCAA Financials - University Comparison.xlsx 14.13 kB · 2 downloads

No, I don't have a massive excel file. I have at least 5 yrs of data on over 40 schools.

Remember LHN is a licensing deal, not a media deal. That is one reason UT's licensing revenues are so high. The licensing revenue also reflects IMG's 17% cut for negotiating and administering the various licensing deals, so there is no cor responding admin expense on the UT financials for admin costs.

The "medical and insurance" costs probably include injury loss of income policies on key players.

aggy's fund raising costs are lower as their TMF handles their fund raising, not their athletics department.

Just for fun, I also have Hawaii's financials (attached). I got their to look at how their travel and recruiting costs differed from mainland programs (as a percentage of revenue).

You can also look at the Dept of Education database (https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/) for a different and less granular look at each school. The DOE database goes back a number of years.

Univ of Hawaii NCAA reports 2016-2020.pdf

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

Alabama was not bad either, but shit their total university debt is only $400 million less than UT....Nick better keep winning and drawing on all those out of state tuition payers

Bama started probably 15 years ago recruiting students pretty hard from outside of Bama, especially from Texas. Looks like they are currently at about 40% of students (as of 2019) from in state (56% out of state, like 3.x% international)

compare to Texas, whose numbers are from 2018 and are at ~10% international, ~10% out of state and ~80% in state.

13 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

Tech has done really well paying off debt while adding facilities....in a 2017 article about athletics debt Tech was up around $125 million they are at $72 now so they have paid off about $10 million a year while adding a football practice facility, a basketball practice facility, and an athletics dining facility that is really nice.....Tech also has over 20X the athletics endowment that aggy has and Tech at $28 million is pretty healthy compared to a lot of P5 programs I believe....this with football in the shitter too....get that turned around and that is another easy $3+ million in annual revenue for Tech probably closer to $4

to be fair I do think a lot of the aggy university endowment must be in a private foundation and thus it does not have to be listed here....they have an endowment that is well over $400 million excluding any PUF money it is in the billions....I would think they have some athletics endowment in there as well

fucking LSU.....$200 million in athletics debt and that is 2/5 of the total university debt....get that shit under control really...I mean SEC SEC SEC money and shit you are embarrassing aggy...oh wait you are not because won NC and spent money on athletics...

Wisconsin has a really good athletics endowment....Alabama was not bad either, but shit their total university debt is only $400 million less than UT....Nick better keep winning and drawing on all those out of state tuition payers 

tOSU is packing some athletics debt at $250 million and damn $3.2 billion in total debt over twice Texas....but their budget is 2X Texas as well and their endowment is about $1 billion more so they are probably OK....a medical school, dental school, and vet school, plus being the state land grant will crank up that budget and they are a really good university and do a hell of a lot of research so that is no surprise.......but if a lot of dumb fucks that complain about the PUF and Texas and aggy getting it (and PVAMU) if they they saw the budget of Texas vs other peer public schools they might realize how well Texas does with PUF money

OU was about where I thought they would be....their athletics debt is a little higher than I thought and their total debt is a bit high and their endowment must be in "private" hands as well....their athletics endowment was not terrible, but it was less than Tech and they should do better on that with their history and budget.....but overall they look to be in good shape.....they also kicked $5.4 million to academics so good on them

Arkansas was about right where I expected their athletics debt is up there, but they keep building shit and with football in the shitter for a few years that hurts them.....mens BB will be a help it looks like for a while and baseball is a definite money maker for them so that helps 

The aggy system's privately funded (non-PUF) endowment is managed by the TAMU Foundation. Here is their latest annual - https://annualreport.txamfoundation.com/.

The TAMU Foundation has a total of $2.1B in assets, not all of which belongs to TAMU schools. In addition to managing the aggy privately funded endowment of around $475 million the TAMU Foundation also manages some money for smaller state schools outside TAMUS. I don't follow those numbers closely, but attached is an excerpt of a prior filing by A&M that shows the arrangement.

The privately funded endowment sum of under $500 million does accurately reflect the amount aggy alumni have donated to the university since 1876.

I've also posted the endowment figures for aggy and Tech. The Texas Tech endowment is larger than TAMU College Station. About 50% higher.

aggys simply do not donate to he academic side of the university. aggys have long relied almost entirely on the PUF as their endowment. They talk a lot of shit about their school, but they have never really donated to build their school's endowment. Yet another instance where aggys are not honest about who they are as a culture.

aggy endowment financials.jpeg

Tech: aggy endowment figures.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

One of my favorite aggy examples is their recent capital campaign. It's goal was $4B. Last I looked they came up short on that goal.

What is typically aggy is they started that capital campaign in 2014. At that time, the TAMUS net financial position was $5.783B.

Add in the $3B in funds received via the capital campaign and in 2018 their net position should be around $8B or so.

But not so fast, my friend. We're talking aggy here.

Starting with $5.8B in net assets and adding $3B leaves an aggy with less money than they started with.

Yep. By 2018, their net financial position had fallen to $5.771B.

How do you take in over $3B and have less money than you started with? The short answer is leave the accounting to an aggy.

To compare, the net assets of the UT system in 2018 were over $45B, eight times that of the A&M System.

Most people don't realize the scale and scope of the UT Systems dwarfs that of A&M. Same with the operations of the two flagship campuses. The annual operating budget at UT Austin to educate about 50,000 students is greater than that of A&M (65,000 students) and OU (25,000 students) combined. UT Austin spends as much to educate 50,000 students as the entire aggy system spends to educate around 150,000 students. The funding difference is evident when one considers the quality of graduates of the TAMU System.

But yes, A&M raised over $3B in a capital campaign from 2014 to 2018 and ended up with less than they started with.

Attachments are 1) TAMU press release, 2) TAMUS audited financial statements as submitted to federal securities regulators in 2018. Available on EMMA 3) UT System audited financial statements as submitted to federal securities regulators in 2018. Available on EMMA

A&M 2018 capital campaign.jpeg

A&M 2018 net position.jpeg

UT net position.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

26 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Did we ever get the results of the FOIA requests for alum emails to A&M admins about Sully statue?

I'm not involved with that. Not sure who was handling that issue. I'm sure they were almost 100% insisting their shrine to white supremacy be retained.

Sul Ross was a human piece of shit. http://aggypedia.com/wiki/Sul_Ross

1 hour ago, NoName said:

Bama started probably 15 years ago recruiting students pretty hard from outside of Bama, especially from Texas. Looks like they are currently at about 40% of students (as of 2019) from in state (56% out of state, like 3.x% international)

compare to Texas, whose numbers are from 2018 and are at ~10% international, ~10% out of state and ~80% in state.

yea I knew they had been making a big push for a while the crazy thing is they are starting to draw in students from the north as well all the way to Illinois

the OK schools and Arkansas and Ole' Miss have always been hard after Texas students

Illinois is a lot like Texas in that they have the one (you could say a bit more in Texas) major university and then the rest......and their one major one is not like Texas at all in that they suck at most things sport and they are in a pretty blah location....if you get in well you are going to a top university and not a lot of other really appealing things....the rest you are just going to a university

in state tuition at Illinois is $15,000 out of state at Bama is about 2X that.......for a lot of upper middle class families in Illinois that extra $15,000 might not be a welcome expense, but is affordable......if your kid can't get into Illinois well that is an issue there and if they can, but don't want to go and are looking at private schools well shit lets look at Bama!

The State of Texas could cash in on some of that shit too and keep kids home, but they will just not do what it takes to elevate a few more universities.....UTD lacks any social life at all and I doubt anyone knows they even have athletics.......ignore the "aggy" stuff and just look at the fact that they are 60,000+ students crammed into soviet style architecture and who the fuck wants to come out of state to that.....not to mention their out of state admissions are harder than in state

Texas is mandated to serve state students which I have ZERO issue with, but if you could get some meaningful % of those in state students to want to choose Tech, UTD, UTA, UTSA, UTEP or a couple of others well UT getting 5% to 10% more out of state tuition would be a mass of new money flowing in.......4,000 out of state students X $16,000+ more in out of state tuition is $64,000,000 in new money for the same total number of students.....that would be figuring out how to move 800 students each to the 5 other universities mentioned

get the reputation up of those universities that all have room to grow (especially UTD and UTEP and Tech from a land space standpoint and get them 1,000 or so out of state students that want further from home, warm weather, change of pace and about the same education or better vs at home and you can pull in $16,000,000 or so in extra out of state tuition and about the same for what an in state student would pay since you are not replacing in state students at those schools you are just attracting more out of state

instead The State of Texas watches students leave to OK, Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama, and Mississippi because they want to go to "the top school in the state" but can't get into UT or aggy

this is the method that Arizona and ASU use......high quality students can't get into UC schools or they do not want to be a Banana Slug or sent to Merced and they either do not want to "settle" for CSU schools (even though some are very very very good schools) or they do not like the locations of the ones they can get into.....so here is AU and ASU that are looked at as the top schools in their state (and are pretty good schools) and they have a party school reputation and pretty good locations......so those schools load up on out of state students

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

their recent capital campaign. It's goal was $4B. Last I looked they came up short on that goal.

quintessential A&M-- who in the fuck else ever comes up short on a capital campaign? I don't follow these closely but whenever I hear about them, it's always "surpassed goal" and "record fundraising".