Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

I bring up DC’s TX Football Magazine only because I’ll read the write ups on teams I know I’m officiating during the up coming season. Most here know that I officiate TX HS Football, based out of the SA area.
Posting on surly while blind, quite impressive sir!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

15 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Now which one is a more difficult conference again?  Objectively, that is?  Using objective criteria like one mediocre team spending multiple years in both conferences?

Edited by nnm

18 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So based on the selected time period this means that the SEC is much easier than the Big 12.

We could look at the aggy Big 12 in conference record over all time at get a 53.33% winning percentage.   Or maybe their Southwest conference historical winning percentage of 53.2%.

These compare to 57.5% SEC winning percentage.  So again the SEC is an easier conference than the big 12 or SWC…or we could assume aggy will eventually regress to their norm.

Edited by ABSR
  • Like 1

Most cults get a group of people in a room to standardize their fairy tales.

This "high-level thinking" is beyond what aggys can process.

Hint to aggys - when you yourselves can't agree on the "facts" it makes it pretty obvious to the rest of us that you are fabricating massive parts of your school "history."

(Ten feet is a bit excessive for variation in an engineered structure. I guess we know for sure aggys designed and built Rudder Tower as it lacks the stability to remain one consistent height.)

"Making his mark in the history books, Rudder led a provisional ranger unit up the cliff of Pointe du Hoc on D-Day, 74 years ago. Director and curator at Cushing Library, Anton duPlessis said Rudder Tower’s height memorializes the 100-foot high cliffs that the brave soldiers climbed under Rudder’s command."

http://www.thebatt.com/news/from-aggieland-to-normandy/article_ebbc34f0-63a8-11e8-9c60-2f91686e9930.html

aggy rudder tower 110 feet.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

Actually, while "designed to be exactly 110 feet tall," Rudder Tower varies at random times from exactly 100 feet to 144.87 feet and from 11 to 12 stories.

Its architectural style remains at all times as "brutalism."

Just pick a number, you stupid rednecks. The ground of Pointe-du-Hoc isn't just one height. At some points that land is probably 100 feet above sea level. At other points it probably is 110 feet above sea level. At other points it probably is 144.87 feel above sea level.

The fact that any aggy believes that piece of land is perfectly flat and exactly one height shows just how utterly clueless aggys are.

That administrators and "academics" at the school perpetuate such stupid fairy tales, representing them to be factual, is another example of how Texas A&M knowingly and intentionally perpetuates ignorance. All under the guise of "higher education."

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

https://www.emporis.com/buildings/130924/rudder-tower-college-station-tx-usa

Rudder tower 144 ft.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 6/5/2021 at 3:56 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

On 6/5/2021 at 4:36 PM, msucolt45 said:

Just remember their greatest season since ‘39, the season Johnny won the Heisman Trophy, included TWO FCS schools that year.
Nice of aggy to pad the stats.

On 6/5/2021 at 4:45 PM, cochamps said:

Someone omitted the "before and after" metric on FCS opponents.

What happens to that when you remove FCS opponents? 

Aggy never had an original thought, they just try and shine by the reflected light of the SEC. But if you look closer at that light you find that the SEC mystique is born out of a philosophy of almost exclusively playing cupcakes out of conference to bolster the conference's collective W-L records. They rely on the fable that buying cheap wins is justifiable because of the murderous SEC in-conference schedule, conveniently ignoring the fact that the bottom half of the SEC is about like the bottom half of any conference and not a hell of a lot tougher than your average G5. Aggy has seen how this canard, enthusiastically promoted by their ESPN masters, has worked for the SEC over the last 8 to 10 years, so they eagerly jumped on the bandwagon. I suspect that as cord-cutting progresses, competition for eyeballs escalates, and the public's appetite for televised sports becomes more discerning, aggy vs. Kent State or Prairie View (along with Alabama-Mercer, Florida-Samford, LSU-McNeese State, I could go on) won't generate enough viewership to sustain this model. Until that happens, however, we'll be subjected to aggy crowing over a 8-4 or 9-3 schedule in which the best teams they beat were Tennessee and South Carolina, and both of them at Pyle. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I got into a debate last night with a good friend who has spent a fair amount of time in China and who insists the Chinese have been spying on the U.S. via associations with Texas A&M for decades. I called "bullshit" on his theory, pointing out aggys produce nothing Americans value. How could they produce anything Chinese people value?

He sent me a video showing Chinese people exhibiting behaviors that could only have originated in College Station, Texas. He prefaced his claims by pointing out both aggy and the relevant Chinese regional cultures are mostly agrarian cultures that embrace authoritarianism, both cultures rely heavily on completely fabricated "history" and "traditions." Both cultures heavily promote propaganda, both have massive binge drinking problems, and both have bizarre genital mutilation practices.

We've all seen the headline:

"A Texas A&M professor was charged with conspiracy, making false statements and wire fraud on allegations that he was secretly collaborating with the Chinese government...."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/24/texas-am-professor-accused-of-collaborating-with-china-amid-nasa-work.html

Here is the video that convinced him Chinese spies have been in College Station for a while, sending back information on what they believe is how "Americans" act. He points out no advanced culture has similar genital mutilation practices. Only aggys and backwater, rural Chinese peasants from the area the spies were known to have come from have such bizarre practices. Here is what he refers to as "Texas A&M - What starts here changes the world." Complete with a reference to a Chinese version of "Go FundMe," milkman dances, and aggy penile insecurity.

My guess is that it is only a matter of time before aggy's fake army fraternity weirdos start towing cars with their balls. Because, you know...tradition.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

I got into a debate last night with a good friend who has spent a fair amount of time in China and who insists the Chinese have been spying on the U.S. via associations with Texas A&M for decades. I called "bullshit" on his theory, pointing out aggys produce nothing Americans value. How could they produce anything Chinese people value?

He sent me a video showing Chinese people exhibiting behaviors that could only have originated in College Station, Texas. He prefaced his claims by pointing out both aggy and the relevant Chinese regional cultures are mostly agrarian cultures that embrace authoritarianism, both cultures rely heavily on completely fabricated "history" and "traditions." Both cultures heavily promote propaganda, both have massive binge drinking problems, and both have bizarre genital mutilation practices.

We've all seen the headline:

"A Texas A&M professor was charged with conspiracy, making false statements and wire fraud on allegations that he was secretly collaborating with the Chinese government...."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/24/texas-am-professor-accused-of-collaborating-with-china-amid-nasa-work.html

Here is the video that convinced him Chinese spies have been in College Station for a while, sending back information on what they believe is how "Americans" act. He points out no advanced culture has similar genital mutilation practices. Only aggys and backwater, rural Chinese peasants from the area the spies were known to have come from have such bizarre practices. Here is what he refers to as "Texas A&M - What starts here changes the world." Complete with a reference to a Chinese version of "Go FundMe," milkman dances, and aggy penile insecurity.

My guess is that it is only a matter of time before aggy's fake army fraternity weirdos start towing cars with their balls. Because, you know...tradition.

The Office What GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

So...aggy expected to get Schloss in next couple of days....according to texags...hmmm....said he turned down Texas a few years ago for a better offer from aggy....really?

Well, for example, if you think Texas is/was going to offer a coach $75M over 10 years, guaranteed…yeah, I’d say aggy is/has a better offer!

It’s tradition!

2 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

So...aggy expected to get Schloss in next couple of days....according to texags...hmmm....said he turned down Texas a few years ago for a better offer from aggy....really?

Would you take the lower paying job where the fans will accept nothing but regular trips to Omaha and contention for a title or the job where they will seriously overpay and are ready to erect a statue to you if you simply win a couple of games in Omaha once or twice?

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Him turning down Texas 4 years ago had nothing to do with waiting for an offer from aggy. A lot of people turned us down because we didn’t have a real AD and they wouldn’t know who their actual boss would be. 

7 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

He is aggy....could have had Texas and now LSU....but ends up at aggy.....smh.

Where are you getting this shit from? LSU never offered Schloss the job. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Him turning down Texas 4 years ago had nothing to do with waiting for an offer from aggy. A lot of people turned us down because we didn’t have a real AD and they wouldn’t know who their actual boss would be. 

There is also the thought that you don't want to be the guy who follows a legend.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Like clockwork.

When I was 17, I got pulled into a pickup game with some neighborhood kids at Woodland Hills Elementary. They were in awe when I took off from like six feet out and dunked a missed shot. Hey, it was a nice move. On an eight foot goal. Against some fourth graders.

It was similar to Michael Jordan going baseline past Oakley and dunking on Patrick Ewing in the '91 playoffs. Not much the defenders could do. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Like clockwork.

That is absolutely ridiculous. Schloss and especially Patterson have been approached about every major opening for the last 20 years.

As others have pointed out, when UT zeroed in on Schloss a few years ago, it was a different situation, following a legend and a really uncertain AD situation. Plus everything was stable and great in FW for him. Well, since then he’s had a divorce and is looking around. It’s a matter of timing. 

And GP could’ve been at almost any blue blood over the last 20 years. He’s stayed at TCU for a variety of reasons, all personal to him. His star has waned a little in the last 5 years, but to think that this is 1985 and TCU is a little sister that is just a stepping stone for Big State U is just ignorant. 

I know, I know. aggy and ignorant in the same sentence is redundant. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

are you accusing A&M of hiring a t-shirt fan????

No, he just wants to escape his dysfunctional family situation in Fort Worth and get paid lots of money. He is not even a t-shirt fan but a hired gun. I was just pointing out how this is not like the Chris Beard situation. Heck we are not even paying Beard more than what he made in Lubbock.

Edited by Valmy77

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

You know, bluebloods with lots of money. We're all in the club, right guys? Right? Guys? Where'd everybody go?

or

We hate tu. tu is all about appearances. tu is frauds. Look! We're as good as tu!

Not to be picky or to go all CR here, but can we leave the term “blue blood” to the aggys. 

The term originated during the 1400s when the Catholics were attempting to kick the Muslims out of Spain. Those of “blue blood” could raise their arm and the whiteness of their skin would allow the “blue blood” in their veins to be easily observed. (They were the “good guys.”)

As opposed to the darkness of the skin of those who “carried the blood” of the Muslims whose veins could not be seen under their darker skin. 

I understand how “proving one’s whiteness” follows the teachings of “Sir Sul Ross the Innocent” but....

Thankfully, once the Muslims were kicked out of Spain, we were able to move on to the Spanish Inquisition. 

Yay progress! 

• Haha 1