Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

10 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

quintessential A&M-- who in the fuck else ever comes up short on a capital campaign? I don't follow these closely but whenever I hear about them, it's always "surpassed goal" and "record fundraising". 

What happened was that a change in accounting for pension benefits came into effect in 2017 that forced a restatement of the pension liabilities of all public universities nationally. That change wiped out the increase in assets from the capital campaign. Had aggy not conducted that capital campaign, there financial position would have necessitated a downgrade of their credit.

The actual capital campaign was typically aggy. They included the assets given for the stadium project as well as all contributions to the GHWB presidential library in their total of "gifts to the university."

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

i was told that people do choose tech.
West Texas kids who can't imagine living anywhere you can't see everything in a 10 mile radius on a clear day...and New Mexicans wishing to escape how gawdawful that state is run, yet not be too far from home base.

22 minutes ago, ousux said:
53 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

West Texas kids who can't imagine living anywhere you can't see everything in a 10 mile radius on a clear day...and New Mexicans wishing to escape how gawdawful that state is run, yet not be too far from home base.

+ people who can't live without Taco Villa

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, MAUFRAIS said:

Kids from all over the state who want to get the fuck away from Mom& Dad, but hey, it’s a state school…

That rebellious streak is absolutely a part of the Tech culture, that and a utilitarian view upon farm animals, as opposed to seeing them as sex objects.

18 hours ago, ousux said:

Every penny of that hurricane relief money is clean as a whistle sir, how dare you.

It was funneled into construction/cleanup contracts which happen to be aggy owned by pure coinicidence. If those same aggy owners want to increase their donations a wee bit due to extra profits, who are we to judge?

There is a company between Wimberley and San Marcos on 12 that used to fly an aggy flag. It is a company that fulfills disaster supply contracts from what I've been told. I've seen him in at least 2 Ferraris and a couple of other 100K trucks. Wonder how much he donates back to aggy?

Edited by Kel Varnsen

Wife just found out she got a new job and is thrilled.

“What do you want me to bring home? I’ll get anything…”

“I’d really like Taco Villa”

The common clay of the new West…

47 minutes ago, DeadArmadillo said:

August Pies. Give it a month or two. I have inside info that’s it’s ready to restart at least in Lubbock

de3396424f63337b6689c67b685a7e8b.jpg

I saw that yesterday. I was telling someone about August pies and I looked them up to show a picture and saw that they went under during Covid. I live in Northwest Arkansas so I doubt I'll get any August pies around here. I ran into a guy at the driving range up here last year that saw my Texas bag and he mentioned that his family owned August pies. I about shit. My family owned a restaurant in North Texas and we sold them there.

in NW Ark if you shop at Harps you will probably get JJ's Bakery Pies

not to take up for aggy, but one thing with all university fundraisers is the money is never straight cash homie

they get life trust that might not be turned over to the university for 10 or 15+ years......they get "in kind" things like software packages (some can be in the tens of millions) and pledges to pay off X dollars per year over Y years and all of that gets counted up front

the organization that exist for "university fundraising" or maybe it is most all "charitable fundraising" tries to discourage universities (and the rest) from including things like software packages or computer hardware or whatever else that is not more of a liquid asset from being included in the fundraising totals, but no one listens to them or gives a shit about their opinion

6 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

in NW Ark if you shop at Harps you will probably get JJ's Bakery Pies

I've had them and they're good but they're not the same. Maybe it's nostalgia. 

Sorry to derail with the food talk. Carry on with the money talk. Regardless of wealth, aggy will always suck.

GoAgs92

AG

Spaulding said:
The type baseball recruits needed to win it all will come to Lubbock, I doubt Beard could get type of player to come to Lubbock

They were literally 1 point from winning the national title.

hahahahaha that one dumb ass spaulding actually typed that out and hit submit

It must be nice waking up each day in their “dream world” fantasy life. To have that much faith in an unproven QB1 (King) to go straight to 11-1 or oh my God, undefeated and 12-0!! If and only if they can beat Bama?

I didn’t have that much “mind-gloat” when Colt was heading into his Senior year. Typical aggy.

39 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

hahahahaha what a fucking asshole

Sat, Nov 13 @ Ole Miss (NOTE: Ole Miss plays Bama the week before A&M)

https://olemisssports.com/sports/football/schedule/2021

Nov 6 (Sat) TBA vs Liberty Oxford, Miss.

https://fbschedules.com/mississippi-state-football-schedule/

I am going to make my bold prediction that pirate mike does pirate mike things and loses at least 3 of 4 if not all 4 to LaTech, NCState, Memphis, and LSU then he kicks the shit out of aggy at aggy

• Hook 'Em 1