Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

45 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Not to be picky or to go all CR here, but can we leave the term “blue blood” to the aggys. 

The term originated during the 1400s when the Catholics were attempting to kick the Muslims out of Spain. Those of “blue blood” could blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah  

who fucking cares

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

Like clockwork.

I'm shocked, an aggy would try to ride the coat tails of someone greater. I'm sure he used the previous template for this powerful tweet,

Tonight's news is similar to Texas The SEC ripping Chris Beard A&M away from Tech the Big XII. Not much the Red Raiders or Horned Frogs the Big XII could do when A&M and Texas The SEC came calling.

• Hook 'Em 3

Not to be picky or to go all CR here, but can we leave the term “blue blood” to the aggys. 
The term originated during the 1400s when the Catholics were attempting to kick the Muslims out of Spain. Those of “blue blood” could raise their arm and the whiteness of their skin would allow the “blue blood” in their veins to be easily observed. (They were the “good guys.”)
As opposed to the darkness of the skin of those who “carried the blood” of the Muslims whose veins could not be seen under their darker skin. 
I understand how “proving one’s whiteness” follows the teachings of “Sir Sul Ross the Innocent” but....
Thankfully, once the Muslims were kicked out of Spain, we were able to move on to the Spanish Inquisition. 
Yay progress! 
the way I understand it, it had to do with separate the royals from the peasants. The royals had white skin because they weren’t in the sun and commoners were. They got dark from working in it all the time and made it harder to see the veins.
Obviously you are committed to arguing how white your skin is. 
You be you and I’ll be me. 
something, something, “higher education.”

You pretty much sound like an aggy trying to trumpet a degree. You sound like a pompous ass trying to prove how woke you are. You literally brought that nonsense up.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

the way I understand it, it had to do with separate the royals from the peasants. The royals had white skin because they weren’t in the sun and commoners were. They got dark from working in it all the time and made it harder to see the veins.

You pretty much sound like an aggy trying to trumpet a degree. You sound like a pompous ass trying to prove how woke you are. You literally brought that nonsense up.

I thought we agreed that you can argue your skin is more white than anyone else's (you are more of a "blue blood") and those who are more dark skinned will simply look the other way.

It's all good.

Heaven forbid we move away from "look at the color of my skin" bullshit.

I apologize for interjecting any of that "education" stuff.

And its not "royals v peasants" you fucking dolt.

It's "Catholics v Muslims." Limpieza de sangre.  Reconquista. Emirate of Granada. Ignatius of Loyola. Decree de genere.

Any of that sound familiar?

Probably not.

It was well after the Muslims were kicked out of Spain (and we "progressed" to the Spanish Inquisition) it became "nobility v serfs." (Once again, the inbred Brits).

Oh, shit. There I go again with the whole "education" thing.

Sorry, it's tough for me to separate the "University of Texas" thing from the whole "education" thing. I'm not sure why.

Hmmm....

You have my apology. Now, go squeeze your fucking nuts and go back to claiming your skin is more white than anyone else's.

Like I said - you be you and I'll be me.

But for me, I'll continue to encourage people to quit using "my skin is more white than yours" measures of status.

It's just me being me.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Fuck You 2

19 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

The term originated during the 1400s when the Catholics were attempting to kick the Muslims out of Spain. Those of “blue blood” could raise their arm and the whiteness of their skin would allow the “blue blood” in their veins to be easily observed. (They were the “good guys.”)

As opposed to the darkness of the skin of those who “carried the blood” of the Muslims whose veins could not be seen under their darker skin. 

I understand how “proving one’s whiteness” follows the teachings of “Sir Sul Ross the Innocent” but....

Thankfully, once the Muslims were kicked out of Spain, we were able to move on to the Spanish Inquisition. 

Yay progress! 

fuck off what are we going to call ourselves "orangeblood" what kind of stupid shit would that be

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I think the Wokejacking Clowns were the band at the most recent bat mitzvah I attended. They did a really lousy cover of "Thriller".

I saw them at Coachella ten years ago, back before they became popular and turned into sellouts.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

aggy just got a new baseball coach, to go along with their newest football and basketball coaches.  you better get your licks in now, fellas.  the championships are about to start flowing like fine wine in aggyland.

"Call the plaque store, get the blank baseball one ordered...whoop!"

John (not very) Sharp, probably 

22 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

aggy just got a new baseball coach, to go along with their newest football and basketball coaches.  you better get your licks in now, fellas.  the championships are about to start flowing like fine wine in aggyland.

Right. Just like Kevin Sumlin, Dennis Franchione, Billy Gillespie, and whoever has coached baseball there. And Tony Barone, Melvin Watkins, etc.

The roller coaster is always climbing...until it isn’t. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Like a broken record...

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

That Schloss hire is pretty damn good

also, TCU athletics are pretty much done at this point. Patterson will be gone in 2-3 years also

That is wishful, 1980s SWC mentality. They won’t miss a beat with Saarloos in baseball. GP has built TCU FB into a program, not a flash in the pan. They’ll be fine when he finally hangs it up. 

4 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

What they really need is an astrophysics coach.

4 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

That culture ain’t changing, hence the championships will never come.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Right. Just like Kevin Sumlin, Dennis Franchione, Billy Gillespie, and whoever has coached baseball there. And Tony Barone, Melvin Watkins, etc.

The roller coaster is always climbing...until it isn’t. 

there is that Olin Buchanan article (I think he was the chode who wrote it) circa 2014 about how A&M was poised for one of the greatest athletic years of all time because of their big 3 sports.

when you have Kevin Sumlin, Billy Kennedy, and Rob Childress all coaching at the same time, the championships are sure to follow.

actually scratch the names, whoever the fuck is coaching at A&M at any point in time, the championships are sure to follow

15 hours ago, nnm said:

GP has built TCU FB into a program, not a flash in the pan. They’ll be fine when he finally hangs it up. 

Lol what are you talking about bout? They’re already fading into irrelevancy with Patterson still at the helm. Their recruiting has been horrible. They will have to get Patterson out for their before he tanks their program and absolutely nail the next coaching hire, otherwise they’re in for a very gloom future. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Lol what are you talking about bout? They’re already fading into irrelevancy with Patterson still at the helm. Their recruiting has been horrible. They will have to get Patterson out for their before he tanks their program and absolutely nail the next coaching hire, otherwise they’re in for a very gloom future. 

Perhaps. But that’s a bold statement considering Patterson has used Texas as his sweat rag lately, going 6-1 over last 7 matchups. But sure, go ahead, shit all over Patterson, he’s fading into irrelevancy. 

1 minute ago, Lerka Lerka said:

Perhaps. But that’s a bold statement considering Patterson has used Texas as his sweat rag lately, going 6-1 over last 7 matchups. But sure, go ahead, shit all over Patterson, he’s fading into irrelevancy. 

Texas fans overrate Patterson and TCU so much because he was able to beat our last two shitty coaches. TCU has had 7 wins or less 4 of the last 5 years and they’re 12-15 in the Big 12 over the last three years. They have not been good and Patterson isn’t showing signs of fixing it. On top of that, their recruting has been falling off and Patterson’s getting desperate and taking guys with huge red flags. 

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I see fat Gary as the BigXII's version of Kirk Ferentz. He is probably the best they are going to do, he knows it, the AD knows it, the fans know it. He may have a few years where he struggles around .500, but he will then surge back with a run for the conference title. at the  age of 61, my guess is he coaches another 5+ years and in that time probably figures out a way to have a couple more solid seasons.   

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Texas fans overrate Patterson and TCU so much because he was able to beat our last two shitty coaches. TCU has had 7 wins or less 4 of the last 5 years and they’re 12-15 in the Big 12 over the last three years. They have not been good and Patterson isn’t showing signs of fixing it. On top of that, their recruting has been falling off and Patterson’s getting desperate and taking guys with huge red flags. 

Oh sure, I agree. But there’s no denying Patterson and his poor recruiting have straight up owned Texas lately.  Appropriate this discussion is happening in the aggy thread because it sure seems like something they would spout off.  

42 minutes ago, Lerka Lerka said:

Oh sure, I agree. But there’s no denying Patterson and his poor recruiting have straight up owned Texas lately.  Appropriate this discussion is happening in the aggy thread because it sure seems like something they would spout off.  

Except I never denied that TCU has owned us or said we’ll wipe the floor with them for the next 5 years. 

TCU has owned us, and their program is not in a good position moving forward. Both of those can be true. There’s nothing aggy about that. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Hey, I started out mopping the floor just like you guys. But now... now I'm washing lettuce. Soon I'll be on fries; then the grill. In a year or two, I'll make assistant manager, and that's when the big bucks start rolling in.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2