• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 6/10/2021 at 10:07 PM, SwanderedTalent said:

there is that Olin Buchanan article (I think he was the chode who wrote it) circa 2014 about how A&M was poised for one of the greatest athletic years of all time because of their big 3 sports.

when you have Kevin Sumlin, Billy Kennedy, and Rob Childress all coaching at the same time, the championships are sure to follow.

actually scratch the names, whoever the fuck is coaching at A&M at any point in time, the championships are sure to follow

spacer.png

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

precipice copy 2.jpg

Narrator: Actually, they were. They just don't know what being on precipice means.

If you say that someone is on the edge of a precipice, you mean that they are in a dangerous situation in which they are extremely close to disaster or failure. The king now stands on the brink of a political precipice. Synonyms: cliff, crag, rock face, cliff face More Synonyms of precipice.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ousux said:

I forget, is this a year baseball matters or nah?

no, silly, only the future in which A&M will dominate the SEC and win multiple national championships matters

because now the culture has changed and their administration is taking the sport really seriously

unlike all the years in the past-- during which, if you had asked any Aggie, said retard would have insisted his program was already in better shape than ours, but now can safely be said to be inferior but ONLY in light of the New Culture and Serious-Taking they're doing

they're 100% predictable. 

16 hours ago, Deej said:

But I thought they've never been licked?

The saying was originally meant to admit that they were always the Sub , bottom or licker, and never the Dom, top or receiver of licks.  Like most things aggy they have lied to themselves about it and created a false mythology that they use to perpetuate delusions of….well delusions.

aggy just wants it so much worser than everyone else…

a banner doesn’t really do it justice. Bama made the postseason in all 3 major sports. How many aggy teams made it?

Edited by slorch

On 6/11/2021 at 10:13 AM, Burt Macklin said:

Lol what are you talking about bout? They’re already fading into irrelevancy with Patterson still at the helm. Their recruiting has been horrible. They will have to get Patterson out for their before he tanks their program and absolutely nail the next coaching hire, otherwise they’re in for a very gloom future. 

get a huge clue

season..recruiting...w/l.....rank

2010   47  13-0  #2

2011   28    11-2    #13

2012    29  7-6            

2013    35   4-8            

2014  42   12-1    #3         

2015  39    11-2   #7         

2016   21    6-7          

2017   28    11-3  #9           

2018   25    7-6          

2019   31   5-7           

2020   24   6-4          

2021   60       

their recruiting has been far from "horrible" in fact it is as good or better than in the long term past with the exception of 2021 and between covid and the liberal use of transfers I think the jury is far from making a conclusion on that #60 especially since it is pretty clear Patterson can coach players up so he should do well with their transfers

he went 7-6 then 4-8 in the Big 12 and then ran off 3 seasons in the top 10 out of 4 and one of them in the top 5 so he should have the same level of talent he had (or better) to come right back from the last 3 seasons just like he has shown he can do in the past

he also did  a lot of that coming off of QB issues (just like these last few years) and the major half the team selling the weed and adderall incident.....if they have good QB play this year and next they should be good again

you would have shot Sergeant Niedermeyer the first time someone got shot storming the beach at Normandy 

Edited by ButtFumble
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

get a huge clue

season..recruiting...w/l.....rank

2010   47  13-0  #2

2011   28    11-2    #13

2012    29  7-6            

2013    35   4-8            

2014  42   12-1    #3         

2015  39    11-2   #7         

2016   21    6-7          

2017   28    11-3  #9           

2018   25    7-6          

2019   31   5-7           

2020   24   6-4          

2021   60       

their recruiting has been far from "horrible" in fact it is as good or better than in the long term past with the exception of 2021 and between covid and the liberal use of transfers I think the jury is far from making a conclusion on that #60 especially since it is pretty clear Patterson can coach players up so he should do well with their transfers

he went 7-6 then 4-8 in the Big 12 and then ran off 3 seasons in the top 10 out of 4 and one of them in the top 5 so he should have the same level of talent he had (or better) to come right back from the last 3 seasons just like he has shown he can do in the past

he also did  a lot of that coming off of QB issues (just like these last few years) and the major half the team selling the weed and adderall incident.....if they have good QB play this year and next they should be good again

you would have shot Sergeant Niedermeyer the first time someone got shot storming the beach at Normandy 

I didn’t read this whole thing because of your penchant for writing 10,000 words when 100 would suffice, but it’s clear you don’t know anything about recruiting by this post. Their recruiting has really fallen off since 2018 (you know, the year after their last good season).

In 2019, they took a massive class and only finished 31st with a very low average recruit ranking. That class is proving to have a lot of misses already. Their 2020 class was extremely inflated by getting 2 5-stars with massive red flags that no good program was willing to take. Their 2021 class was 60th in the nation. 

It’s a clear trend if you follow recruiting and actually have a clue what you’re talking about, instead of just copy/pasting rankings with no context or knowledge.

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I didn’t read this whole thing because of your penchant for writing 10,000 words when 100 would suffice, but it’s clear you don’t know anything about recruiting by this post. Their recruiting has really fallen off since 2018 (you know, the year after their last good season).

In 2019, they took a massive class and only finished 31st with a very low average recruit ranking. That clas sis proving to have a lot of misses already. Their 2020 class was extremely inflated by getting 2 5-stars with massive red flags that no good program was willing to take. Their 2021 class was 60th in the nation. 

It’s a clear trend if you follow recruiting and actually have a clue what you’re talking about, instead of just copy/pasting rankings with no context. 

it is not clear at all dumb ass the recruiting numbers are right there to see unless one has shit for brains

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Lulz. I see you can’t handle someone pointing out you have no clue what you’re talking about. 

uh yea you really got them there....I mean the recruiting numbers are right there for all to see and the recruiting at TCU has not "fallen off" since 2018 it is right in line with where it has been for a long while

anyone with common sense can see that

2 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

uh yea you really got them there....I mean the recruiting numbers are right there for all to see and the recruiting at TCU has not "fallen off" since 2018 it is right in line with where it has been for a long while

You completely don't understand nuance or anecdotal evidence, which is clear because you don't spend any time in the recruiting forum, thankfully. If you remove the 2 5 stars, who aren't even contributing at the moment (one of whom I believe switched positions) and both are huge character risks, that 20th ranking plummets. Which actually shows the trend line moving downward: 31st, 30 something, 60th. That's a fairly clear downward trend. Anyone with common sense can see that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

I just wanted to chime in and say that Burt already gave you the fucking context necessary to debunk the stupidity of this post string for you, but you lack the ability to fathom much beyond raw numbers, so I'm sure you'll keep right on going with your ignorance. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You completely don't understand nuance or anecdotal evidence, which is clear because you don't spend any time in the recruiting forum, thankfully. If you remove the 2 5 stars, who aren't even contributing at the moment (one of whom I believe switched positions) and both are huge character risks, that 20th ranking plummets. Which actually shows the trend line moving downward: 31st, 30 something, 60th. That's a fairly clear downward trend. Anyone with common sense can see that. 

THE RANKINGZ R RIGHT THER FOR ANYONE TO SEE!!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH U PEOPLE!!??!

• Haha 1

Jimbo's agent apparently doesnt do weekly reminders that his contract is guaranteed, no need to appease the gomers by running his mouth about beating Bama.

Hell, he could fuck off to a fishing boat in the gulf and forget to come back for the season and guess what..*cha-ching!* aggy bucks keep flowing into the old bank account.

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

oh, I think "being Aggies" would have to be their perennial #1 worst thing

But being an aggie means you never have to choose what color vehicle to buy, you never have to pick out what t-shirt and hat combo you're going to wear, you never worry that your house and your neighbor's are exactly alike, your friends all share the exact same opinions about everything, etc. Whoop!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

But being an aggie means you never have to choose what color vehicle to buy, you never have to pick out what t-shirt and hat combo you're going to wear, you never worry that your house and your neighbor's are exactly alike, your friends all share the exact same opinions about everything, etc. Whoop!

Think about the aggys who are third, fourth generation aggys.

Generation after generation and not a single member of the family can do better than a second-rate farm school. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

The ags are always quick to talk about what they are about to do. Not do much when it comes to showing what they have done. 

A couple of years ago they was gittin a c-ment pond next to their stadium. How’s that coming along?

Call me when it’s done, aggy. I won’t hold my breath. 

Hows that aggy vaccine manufacturing plant coming along? I hear it’s a “game changer.” Lol. 

A couple of years ago, this was going to be their "facilities upgrade." What ever happened to this "upgrade?"

retaining pond.JPG

Edited by Randolph Duke

8 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

The ags are always quick to talk about what they are about to do. Not do much when it comes to showing what they have done. 

A couple of years ago they was gittin a c-ment pond next to their stadium. How’s that coming along?

Call me when it’s done, aggy. I won’t hold my breath. 

Hows that aggy vaccine manufacturing plant coming along? I hear it’s a “game changer.” Lol. 

I'm confused, I thought circa 2014 A&M's facilities had surpassed the best of the best in all of college football, which was why (along with Kevin Sumlin's revolutionary fun and high scoring "Plug and Play" offense) they Ran This State. 

It's barely seven years later, and they're having to make more upgrades?

You can't future-proof your facilities on a permanent basis but if you're having to make wholesale changes in less than a decade, my guess is that your original changes are not, in fact, as ZOMG REBOLUTIONARY as you are claiming.

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

First comment: "And not a title in sight"

aggy is like the loser kid at school who moves and goes to a new school, hoping he won't get picked on and made fun of, but it doesn't take long for new classmates to figure out he's still a loser, and they immediately begin picking on them and making fun of them, because, well, that's the order of things.

• Haha 1