Kid Rock (and Bud Light slap-fight) y’all

Gil Bang

It was a completely random backlash. Modelo has posted pro-Pride as has every other beer brand. This guy will get a nice job somewhere else because everyone with a brain knows he didn't screw up, it was just the one thing the yokels decided was a way to act out as opposed to every other major brand promoting Pride.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

It was a completely random backlash. Modelo has posted pro-Pride as has every other beer brand. This guy will get a nice job somewhere else because everyone with a brain knows he didn't screw up, it was just the one thing the yokels decided was a way to act out as opposed to every other major brand promoting Pride.

Yep. You pay these people to grow market share and to market. This was a bad beat in that it got misconstrued from the jump and the disinformation went viral. Basically got Streisand effected in the worst way.

22 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Disagree that the backlash was rando. The ads featured a trans woman and that's why things took off the way they did.

Yeah, in the bro-country alt-right world, trans is far more icky than just plain ole' gay.  Aw hell, there was diddlin' going on during varsity foobaw rides, don't mean nuttin'.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, in the bro-country alt-right world, trans is far more icky than just plain ole' gay.  Aw hell, there was diddlin' going on during varsity foobaw rides, don't mean nuttin'.

Even a good number of Ls, Gs, and Bs want to get rid of the Ts.

Edited by safe sex
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Still, putting a guy named Benoit in charge of US marketing?  Going to leap to dramatic and unfounded conclusions here without a lick of halfassed googling, but isn’t this like putting a billy Joe in charge of Asian markets?

141252002.jpg.0.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, in the bro-country alt-right world, trans is far more icky than just plain ole' gayAw hell, there was diddlin' going on during varsity foobaw rides, don't mean nuttin'.

Because if they think a woman is hot then find out she's trans, it makes them very uncomfortable with themselves. 

• Hook 'Em 3

18 hours ago, safe sex said:

Disagree that the backlash was rando. The ads featured a trans woman and that's why things took off the way they did.

What ads did you see? I only read they gave many “influencers “ from a wide range of channels/content, their own branded can of bud light. I assume they left it up to the influencers to create content. Or even more likely paid the influencers to create that content. Only followers of those influencers would have ever seen it.

Im fairly certain there wasn’t transgender content during a bud light created ad.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What ads did you see? I only read they gave many “influencers “ from a wide range of channels/content, their own branded can of bud light. I assume they left it up to the influencers to create content. Or even more likely paid the influencers to create that content. Only followers of those influencers would have ever seen it.

Im fairly certain there wasn’t transgender content during a bud light created ad.

Okay, if the specificity is really necessary here, i amend it to influencer ads, which are ads, and a trans influencer was picked. That's all it takes y'all. A trans person just has to be visibly involved.

I am honestly not sure why the fuck the distinction is important here?

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, safe sex said:

Okay, if the specificity is really necessary here, i amend it to influencer ads, which are ads, and a trans influencer was picked. That's all it takes y'all. A trans person just has to be visibly involved.

I am honestly not sure why the fuck the distinction is important here?

It bothers you if a product or service advertises to a different demographic than you? Most likely if/when that happens, you wouldn’t even notice it unless Charlie Kirk tells you about it.

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, mdmost said:

And I'll go after those until they pay me not to. 

You think AB paid him off? I mean, makes sense, almost like paying the Eastern Europeans the ransomware just to move on, but it's kind of ick to have to do that and picture Kid Rock win.

I don't think they paid him off, but he's has gotten to know some of the head level guys and sees the irony of a boycott hurt blue and middle class employees.

They are doing funny things like sending him pallets of bud lights to his house and other merch. Shane Gillis deservedly is on the take though.

5 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:

I don't think they paid him off

5 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:

They are doing funny things like sending him pallets of bud lights to his house and other merch

Sounds like a payoff to me. 

Posted (edited)

It was a BUD hat, not some transbeerwannabe Bud LIGHT. Bud red, Bud Light blue. That's all you need to know.

Edited by RPM

Posted (edited)
On 11/17/2023 at 4:00 PM, safe sex said:

Even a good number of Ls, Gs, and Bs want to get rid of the Ts.

Still true but far less prevalent. HRC made a major shift in the mid 2010’s to focus on trans rights. That impacted a lot of cis gay white rich men. Heck I spoke from the podium at the Waldorf in NYC in front of 1000 people about my transition and had multiple rich gay men come up to me and say, “now I get it, thank you.” 

damn that was an amazing weekend, private party in a multi story NYC penthouse apartment, speaking on the same stage as Meryl Streep, Seth Myers, having Meryl Streep stand up and applaud my speech. Black car airport service (black Mercedes SUV to the Waldorf), professional hair and make up. My wife then girlfriend and I were propositioned for a foursome by some super hot ladies. Sigh. 

Edited by troph
  • Like 1