California Getting a Jump on Black Friday Shopping

Harrison Bergeron

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Who’s deflecting for crime?

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

6 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Definitely. Like i said these smash and grabs have been going on all over the country for the better part of the last 15 years and probably further back. It’s getting coverage now because it fits a narrative despite their being no evidence of correlation 

44 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It says a lot that you have to exaggerate a problem to complain that others aren't taking it seriously enough.

21 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Yeah I wonder why brick and mortar retail stores are all closing down? Most be all the smash and grab criminals. That’s the ticket.

1 minute ago, 52-80 said:

Bro why do you even care about a someones elses bottom line they have theft built into their margins by the way please come break into my house i have property insurance

Technically all possessions should just be free for anyone to take them, but only if they super-duper need them.

• Fuck You 1

Bro why do you even care about a someones elses bottom line they have theft built into their margins by the way please come break into my house i have property insurance

Look another guy spinning a narrative that isn’t shown by any facts. No solutions from you either huh? 

56 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I wouldn't be remotely surprised if police departments weren't interested in doing the hard work of an actual investigation into these groups. 

I mean, this 

Is not just funny, it has basis in fact.

If you think about it, criminals don't know whether an offense is a felony or misdemeanor 99 times out of 100 or whether they'll get six months or six years.  If they think about anything at all, it's the likelihood they'll get caught.

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I mean, this 

Is not just funny, it has basis in fact.

If you think about it, criminals don't know whether an offense is a felony or misdemeanor 99 times out of 100 or whether they'll get six months or six years.  If they think about anything at all, it's the likelihood they'll get caught.

No no no it’s those progressive policies like bail reform and not sending people to jail for 20 years for stealing a toaster

7 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Definitely. Like i said these smash and grabs have been going on all over the country for the better part of the last 15 years and probably further back. It’s getting coverage now because it fits a narrative despite their being no evidence of correlation 

Oh you mean black people just suck at life narrative? That has also been going around for a long time. Like how every other race can somehow manage not to commit violent crimes in the same numbers as blacks? Like how if it weren't for gun shows and Indiana gun laws there wouldn't be gangs in Chicago? Like how blacks I mean POC comprise ..what 13% of the US  population and half of them can't even contribute to the work force or pay taxes?

I mean people are coming over from the border with just the clothes on their backs, separated from loved ones and somehow manage to find jobs and learn to speak English whereas black people have to have CRT and EUBONICS? I mean it is "ask" not "axe. "

I mean like how Kaepernick and  LeBron are all for social justice (except when there is a profit and there are people of color who aren't black involved--the smart ones...somehow they manage to be smarter even than white people)  and yet those two heroes are  somehow are ridiculously silent about being vaccinated against a pandemic that preys on POC. The ones  who are most affected  because of underlying health issues and no access ever to medical care or grocery stores or books just Tik Tok.  

Jesus is that enough for everyone???????????????? can we all just get along? Fuck. I only posted in this thread because of how it makes employees feel when smash and grabs or thefts happen. It sucks. On top of which working a retail job sucks.

I hope I put enough in my post of what people are just dying to say. Is it enough? Will it ever be enough? Have I covered everything? Bait and switch thread. Is this the narrative you meant? @hobbes2702 because it is easy to sell. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Someone committing a smash and grab like this, what is the chance that it was their first time?

If its not, how much or how little is their action now informed by their previous decision (whether they got away with it, or busted for it). 

If they were busted for it, what are the chances they dont know about the consequence — sentencing category, severity, etc?

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Oh you mean black people just suck at life narrative? That has also been going around for a long time. Like how every other race can somehow manage not to commit violent crimes in the same numbers as blacks? Like how if it weren't for gun shows and Indiana gun laws there wouldn't be gangs in Chicago? Like how blacks I mean POC comprise ..what 13% of the US  population and half of them can't even contribute to the work force or pay taxes?

I mean people are coming over from the border with just the clothes on their backs, separated from loved ones and somehow manage to find jobs and learn to speak English whereas black people have to have CRT and EUBONICS? I mean it is "ask" not "axe. "

I mean like how Kaepernick and  LeBron are all for social justice (except when there is a profit and there are people of color who aren't black involved--the smart ones...somehow they manage to be smarter even than white people)  and yet those two heroes are  somehow are ridiculously silent about being vaccinated against a pandemic that preys on POC. The ones  who are most affected  because of underlying health issues and no access ever to medical care or grocery stores or books just Tik Tok.  

Jesus is that enough for everyone???????????????? can we all just get along? Fuck. I only posted in this thread because of how it makes employees feel when smash and grabs or thefts happen. It sucks. On top of which working a retail job sucks.

I hope I put enough in my post of what people are just dying to say. Is it enough? Will it ever be enough? Have I covered everything? Bait and switch thread. Is this the narrative you meant? @hobbes2702 because it is easy to sell. 

Wow so we can put open racism on your list now along with genocide. 
Sorry to tell you this but you’re a disgusting person. I’m sorry that I even opened discussion with you.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 8

48 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Not born American.  When he emigrated, my uncle's family shared a 2br apartment with us (and my grandparents) and now he's the father to practicing physicians.

So yeah, he is a badass.  Sorry if you're aggrieved - you could continue deflecting for crime and putting societys problem on systemic whathaveyous.  Have at it.

Oh well, maybe next time?

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Yikes

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Sorry to tell you this but you’re a disgusting person.

3 minutes ago, Foosters said:

wow

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

What the fuck?

Eta: re: Nicole's racist drunk rambling

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

That was the point of the post. Those aren't my thoughts. This is what you want to hear. It is your drum. NOT mine. I wrote all that because I am tired of this bullshit. It is what you want to believe the world thinks and is like. Most of us DO NOT think like that and wouldn't associate with anyone who does or ever would. 

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

If you can't understand what I was doing with my post it is my fault. I was trying to show what people obviously are wanting in the narrative to bring out. damnit 

It is the narrative of racist white people and they disgust me. That was what I was trying to say. When you say bring out a narrative the point is smash and grab folks just have to be black right? Let's stir the pot some more...that was my point. Fuck I give. up. 

Let me see if I have this correct…

”nothing can be done about property crime.”   Surly Left 

“nothing can be done about gun crime.”   Surly Right 

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

It is the narrative of racist white people and they disgust me. That was what I was trying to say. When you say bring out a narrative the point is smash and grab folks just have to be black right? Let's stir the pot some more...that was my point. Fuck I give. up. 

Yea I was talking about the narrative that this is caused by progressive policies but ok then. Mea culpa if I misunderstood your point although I find it a bit strange that you went down that path

• Like 1

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Yea I was talking about the narrative that this is caused by progressive policies but ok then. Mea culpa if I misunderstood your point although I find it a bit strange that you went down that path

I just know that people say all of that shit--- I thought you were trying to say the narrative is that the smash and grab folks must be black and didn't explain myself well. I suck. 

I was speaking more to the last page which seemed to berate the point that no suggestions on how to combat this crime wave are being proposed from California and Biden

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Yeah its happening all over. (Spoiler: It is cops dressed up like robbers hitting over stores so we vote for police presence) again also bullshit. 

Are you suggesting that police officers are behind these robberies and they're doing it in order to convince the public to fund police departments? 

Best Uh Huh GIFs | Gfycat

Damnit. I have been around this board for a long time (shaggy before) and there are always these petty comments here and there by certain posters. I thought I'd put it all in one post for them because I am sick of  all the bullshit. If they don't have the balls or whatever to say what they really mean then say nothing.  If you can't say it don't post at all is kinda where I was going and failed in an epic fashion. Fail. Fail. Fail. 

So anyway, this kind off grab, and run tactic was really not happening until the summer of the protests and beyond.  So while there's for sure a % of theft built in, just ignoring open mass, theft by security guards was not typical protocol. Theft deterrence has always been a tactic retail merchants have employed.

You fuckers would argue about the color of a clear, blue sky.  Or any post by somebody you consider on the other team. The Surly CABAL, alive, and still grabbing the moron high ground.

You see, these new gangs in the lawless Biden wasteland are deploying a new tactic in the wake of ‘Defund the Police.’  They are smashing their way into retail facilities and then grabbing the contents inside.  Before 2021, would-be thieves would just nudge on the doors and windows and then just rearrange the stores contents on the shelves.  It was a “Jiggle-and-Shift” type of stealing.  

I’ve taken the liberty of coining a brand new term for this to help law enforcement.

”Smash-and-Grab” 

this new lexicon will help clarify acts of theft and larceny.  

10 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

So anyway, this kind off grab, and run tactic was really not happening until the summer of the protests and beyond.  So while there's for sure a % of theft built in, just ignoring open mass, theft by security guards was not typical protocol. Theft deterrence has always been a tactic retail merchants have employed.

You fuckers would argue about the color of a clear, blue sky.  Or any post by somebody you consider on the other team. The Surly CABAL, alive, and still grabbing the moron high ground.

How many times do you need to post shit that’s simply not accurate before you realize you don’t know what you’re talking about.

How do you think retail stores deter theft? I guarantee it isn’t how you think they do.

Edited by hobbes2702

From SF DA's office statistics.  starting 2018 on down: declining # of charges filed vs arrests presented.  also lower successful prosecution rate.  good times.

So again, is this only happening in places that have policies similar to San Fran or is it happening all over the country?

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Every retail store in the world utilizes dozens if not hundreds of theft prevention and deterrence methods. It'd be pretty fucking weird if they'd been doing that for decades for no reason whatsoever.

I know no one wants to hear from me again after my dumbass attempt at a post but this is why all chains/stores that can afford have a Risk Management employee. When I worked at TJMAXX the stealthy ones knew there was only one and would rotate between stores to avoid. Sorry again for my post. I was trying to make a point and failed. 

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I know no one wants to hear from me again after my dumbass attempt at a post but this is why all chains/stores that can afford have a Risk Management employee. When I worked at TJMAXX the stealthy ones knew there was only one and would rotate between stores to avoid. Sorry again for my post. I was trying to make a point and failed. 

you've apologized enough. no reason to keep beating yourself up.

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I'm just remembering the news stories from when I was in high school, and numerous retailers started putting those concrete pillars out front to stop folk from driving stolen cars through the front door.

They are called bollards.

Edited by Biff Tannen
beat me to it