California Getting a Jump on Black Friday Shopping

Harrison Bergeron

2 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Not at all.

Progressive crime policies have deteriorated quality of life in California.  People are voting with their feet.

Yes, because whenever two things occur simultaneously, one of them definitely caused the other.  I believe the famous line from statistics is, "correlation equals causation if it helps your argument."

Okay, let me try.

Everyone is fleeing California because conservative policies have made droughts and wildfires a lot worse.

This is fun!

Also, shut the fuck up.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

What's your point exactly?

He's trying to demonstrate that people selling their homes in expensive markets, and moving to cheaper markets, during a global pandemic mind you,  has something to do with cash bail.

As far as I can tell, anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

High of 70 today, low of 58.  The pool is warming up.  I took a 10 mile bike ride this morning.  I didn't get robbed, and didn't see anybody shitting on the sidewalk, or using fentenyl.  But hey, you peruse right-wing websites, so you know better than me about life in California. 

You didn’t get robbed in suburbia.  Wow, congratulations.

Or are you claiming you biked Skid Row today?

3 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Those darn conservative majorities in California for the last 40 years have really fucked things up….wait.

I started to type something mean, but then I realized that there's a pretty solid chance you don't know what country California is in.

10 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Those darn conservative majorities in California for the last 40 years have really fucked things up….wait.

funny thing about wildfires out here.   Most of our wildfires occur in NATIONAL FORESTS.  Controlled by the feds. 

8 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Hey dumbshit;  Most people in CA live in "suburbia".  And most of us have a pretty sweet quality of life.  In fact, the GF's away, so I'm trying to decide which super-cool suburban place to hit for dinner.  I've got about 6 breweries within biking distance.  And a handful of great taco spots (God Bless Mexicans). 

It's pretty sweet here.  So much so, that many folks from red states vacation in California.

Come to think of it, I've never heard of a San Diegan vacationing in Lubbock.  Or Norman.  Or Dallas for that matter. 

And, I forgot to mention; I went to the supermarket, and the Rite-Aid a bit earlier.  And I didn't see a single brazen thief filling up garbage bags with stolen goods. 

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I started to type something mean, but then I realized that there's a pretty solid chance you don't know what country California is in.

Who has had control of the House, Senate and Presidency at the same time more in the last 80 years?  Hint, it wasn’t the Republicans.  By a lot.

The migration study shows that Covid demonstrated the feasibility of remote work arrangements and people were able to relocate from high cost of living areas (because they were thriving and in high demand) to lower cost locations.  And also that Louisiana sucks regardless. 

Edited by brown water

You really should stop regurgitating what you see in the right-wing info-sphere. Cash bail is still very much alive in CA. Next time you're in CA, feel free to swing by any public courthouse and watch judge after judge set cash bail. Prop 47 set the threshold amount at $950 for theft and property related crimes. Anything under $950 is a misdemeanor. You know what is is in Texas? $2500. So if you steal a bunch of shit in CA and it equals $1500, you're looking at a felony. In Texas, just a misdemeanor. You cannot argue that prop 47 encourages theft, without arguing that Texas's laws encourage more theft. And finally, your assertion that CA "refuses to prosecute" theft is another lie. Is it the prosecutors who are supposed to show up to retail stores and enforce the laws, or is there a different agency that is responsible for apprehending suspects and providing police reports/evidence? When police show up and arrest/cite someone, prosecutors file charges. 
Where does your confidence in your position come from? Don't you think its possible that you're being fed a bunch of bullshit?

giphy.gif
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

We've touched on this in other threads, and I don't know that we need a whole thread on it.  But I'd love to start seeing some data because it's the most-scratching shit that's coming of one party's mouth.  

I get that businesses move to Texas and I'm grateful.  Low tax, (I'm not gonna say predictable regulatory environment because the biggest fucking myth running), plenty of land if you need to build manufacturing, educated and diverse labor pool (for now), and the other secret is access to cheap immigrant workers if needed for your industry.  And some hip places to live.  I think we all get that. 

But I've heard from a number of prominent Texas leaders say some version of these two sentences over and fucking over and over.

1.  Conservatives are fleeing California, New York, and Chicago because they are high-tax, crime-infested liberal hellscapes brought on by single party rule.

but before 2017 when the party fell off the fucking stupid ledge, it was usually this version:

2.  We have got to keep fundraising, turning out the vote, and electing principled conservative leadership.  Because not only are the demographics in the state shifting but hundreds of thousands of liberal voters are pouring in from California, New York, and Chicago.  And we have to build the groundwork now to fend off those new voters as well.  

It can't be both.  

9 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Spent 7 weeks over the last 3 months with a chick that lives in Montebello. Elote man is solid and had saw no crime at all. Hush 

2 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

So you agree we need to “sweep the forests”.

I agree that the fucking dumbshit conservatives RAGING about California's policies during the fires were ill-informed morons (much like yourself), who weren't smart enough to ask "what the fuck?" when Trump was spewing the forest management drivel about forests that were under his control the entire time. 

2 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Spent 7 weeks over the last 3 months with a chick that lives in Montebello. Elote man is solid and had saw no crime at all. Hush 

And fucking Montebello, although technically "suburban", ain't exactly Knots Landing. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

We've touched on this in other threads, and I don't know that we need a whole thread on it.  But I'd love to start seeing some data because it's the most-scratching shit that's coming of one party's mouth.  

I get that businesses move to Texas and I'm grateful.  Low tax, (I'm not gonna say predictable regulatory environment because the biggest fucking myth running), plenty of land if you need to build manufacturing, educated and diverse labor pool (for now), and the other secret is access to cheap immigrant workers if needed for your industry.  And some hip places to live.  I think we all get that. 

But I've heard from a number of prominent Texas leaders say some version of these two sentences over and fucking over and over.

1.  Conservatives are fleeing California, New York, and Chicago because they are high-tax, crime-infested liberal hellscapes brought on by single party rule.

but before 2017 when the party fell off the fucking stupid ledge, it was usually this version:

2.  We have got to keep fundraising, turning out the vote, and electing principled conservative leadership.  Because not only are the demographics in the state shifting but hundreds of thousands of liberal voters are pouring in from California, New York, and Chicago.  And we have to build the groundwork now to fend off those new voters as well.  

It can't be both.  

It actually can be both.

Good chance the nearly a million people who left California are close to half D and half R.  Just like the country.

38 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

If property crimes are not reported -- the property crime rate goes way down.

Aren't you the motherfucker who openly admitted to this board that you voted for Paxton in spite of knowing full well about all the illegal shit he'd allegedly done?

Maybe sit out every crime thread from here on out.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

U.S. states by net domestic migration (From April 1, 2020 to July 1, 2022)
National
rank
State Total net domestic migration 
(2020–2022)[1]
Net domestic migration rate 
per 1,000 inhabitants
1 23px-Flag_of_Florida.svg.png Florida 622,476 28.90
2 23px-Flag_of_Texas.svg.png Texas 475,252 16.31
3 23px-Flag_of_North_Carolina.svg.png North Carolina 211,867 20.29
4 23px-Flag_of_Arizona.svg.png Arizona 182,362 25.50
5 23px-Flag_of_South_Carolina.svg.png South Carolina 165,948 32.42
6 23px-Flag_of_Tennessee.svg.png Tennessee 146,403 21.18
7 23px-Flag_of_Georgia_%28U.S._state%29.sv Georgia 128,089 11.96
8 19px-Flag_of_Idaho.svg.png Idaho 88,647 48.20
9 23px-Flag_of_Alabama.svg.png Alabama 65,355 13.01
10 23px-Flag_of_Oklahoma.svg.png Oklahoma 56,807 14.35
11 23px-Flag_of_Nevada.svg.png Nevada 56,317 18.14
12 23px-Flag_of_Utah.svg.png Utah 47,125 14.40
13 23px-Flag_of_Montana.svg.png Montana 39,041 36.01
14 23px-Flag_of_Arkansas.svg.png Arkansas 38,055 12.64
15 19px-Flag_of_Maine.svg.png Maine 30,642 22.49
16 23px-Flag_of_Delaware.svg.png Delaware 27,119 27.39
17 23px-Flag_of_Indiana.svg.png Indiana 22,694 3.34
18 23px-Flag_of_Missouri.svg.png Missouri 20,233 3.29
19 23px-Flag_of_Colorado.svg.png Colorado 17,984 3.11
20 23px-Flag_of_New_Hampshire.svg.png New Hampshire 16,038 11.64
21 23px-Flag_of_South_Dakota.svg.png South Dakota 14,711 16.59
22 23px-Flag_of_Kentucky.svg.png Kentucky 14,102 3.13
23 23px-Flag_of_Vermont.svg.png Vermont 5,893 9.16
24 22px-Flag_of_Wyoming.svg.png Wyoming 4,356 7.55
25 23px-Flag_of_West_Virginia.svg.png West Virginia 2,460 1.37
26 19px-Flag_of_Connecticut.svg.png Connecticut âˆ'76 âˆ'0.02
27 23px-Flag_of_Oregon.svg.png Oregon âˆ'776 âˆ'0.18
28 23px-Flag_of_New_Mexico.svg.png New Mexico âˆ'5,058 âˆ'2.39
29 19px-Flag_of_Rhode_Island.svg.png Rhode Island âˆ'5,281 âˆ'4.81
30 23px-Flag_of_Iowa.svg.png Iowa âˆ'6,877 âˆ'2.16
31 20px-Flag_of_North_Dakota.svg.png North Dakota âˆ'7,186 âˆ'9.22
32 23px-Flag_of_Washington.svg.png Washington âˆ'7,376 âˆ'0.96
33 23px-Flag_of_Nebraska.svg.png Nebraska âˆ'11,108 âˆ'5.66
34 23px-Flag_of_Wisconsin.svg.png Wisconsin âˆ'11,383 âˆ'1.93
35 23px-Flag_of_Mississippi.svg.png Mississippi âˆ'11,408 âˆ'3.85
36 21px-Flag_of_Alaska.svg.png Alaska âˆ'11,412 âˆ'15.56
37 23px-Flag_of_Kansas.svg.png Kansas âˆ'14,392 âˆ'4.90
38 21px-Flag_of_Pennsylvania.svg.png Pennsylvania âˆ'16,218 âˆ'1.25
— 23px-Flag_of_the_District_of_Columbia.sv District of Columbia âˆ'26,210 âˆ'38.01
39 23px-Flag_of_Hawaii.svg.png Hawaii âˆ'29,684 âˆ'20.40
40 23px-Flag_of_Virginia.svg.png Virginia âˆ'29,775 âˆ'3.45
41 23px-Flag_of_Minnesota.svg.png Minnesota âˆ'37,377 âˆ'6.55
42 25px-Flag_of_Ohio.svg.png Ohio âˆ'39,915 âˆ'3.38
43 23px-Flag_of_Michigan.svg.png Michigan âˆ'43,188 âˆ'4.29
44 23px-Flag_of_Maryland.svg.png Maryland âˆ'68,287 âˆ'11.05
45 23px-Flag_of_Louisiana.svg.png Louisiana âˆ'80,278 âˆ'17.24
46 23px-Flag_of_New_Jersey.svg.png New Jersey âˆ'107,749 âˆ'11.60
47 23px-Flag_of_Massachusetts.svg.png Massachusetts âˆ'110,866 âˆ'15.77
48 23px-Flag_of_Illinois.svg.png Illinois âˆ'282,048 âˆ'22.01
49 23px-Flag_of_New_York.svg.png New York âˆ'664,921 âˆ'32.91
50 23px-Flag_of_California.svg.png California âˆ'871,127 âˆ'22.03

Thriving.

I’m sure it’s the dogshit weather driving this.

This just shows that housing demand is so much higher in CA that people are heading for cheaper (aka lower demand) areas.

It’s a policy failure, but not at all the one you’re trying to tie it to. It’s a housing/land use policy failure and that is largely consistent across red and blue states unfortunately. Same exact reason COL has exploded in TX and FL.

I’m not sure what makes you look dumber, if you understand that but tried to throw this shit against the wall anyway… Or if you really thought this was some slam dunk
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Aren't you the motherfucker who openly admitted to this board that you voted for Paxton in spite of knowing full well about all the illegal shit he'd allegedly done?

Maybe sit out every crime thread from here on out.

To be fair, I never fucked my long deceased mother.

4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

This just shows that housing demand is so much higher in CA that people are heading for cheaper (aka lower demand) areas.

Itâs a policy failure, but not at all the one youâre trying to tie it to. Itâs a housing/land use policy failure and that is largely consistent across red and blue states unfortunately. Same exact reason COL has exploded in TX and FL.

Iâm not sure what makes you look dumber, if you understand that but tried to throw this shit against the wall anyway⦠Or if you really thought this was some slam dunk

Yet no one is moving to Buffalo or Cleveland where housing and COL is dirt cheap.  Wonder why….?

Yet no one is moving to Buffalo or Cleveland where housing and COL is dirt cheap.  Wonder why….?

lol you are making my point for me. It’s economics. That’s what drives migration. People aren’t leaving CA for Cleveland because there aren’t the jobs to absorb them. TX, FL, GA, AZ… existing job centers.

Most people don’t leave CA for the gun worship capital of the country or the home of #FloridaMan because they’re looking for a respite from crime and chaos. They leave because it makes economic sense for their own individual/household situation. Namely in the form of cheaper housing, because CA didn’t build enough.

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

I honestly think you've managed to confuse yourself 

Cliffs:

Californians get pissy when anyone questions the Leftist Utopia.

California has had large domestic migration outflow the last few years.  Mostly related to how awesome living in California actually is.

It’s absolutely not in anyway related to Prop 47, bail reform, defund the police, or Progressive District Attorneys.  Thats all fake news.

TOP 3 STATES TEXANS ARE MOVING TO MOST:

1. CALIFORNIA- wow! are these folks trying to be Disneyland Park visitors for life? Hoping for some celeb sightings in Hollywood? Or better yet hoping for some beautiful warm dry, summer temps and mild winters?

Read More: Peace Out! The 3 Most Popular States Texans Are Moving To | https://b93.net/peace-out-the-3-most-popular-states-texans-are-moving-to/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

25 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Have you ever been to either of those places? Cleveland sucks and I had a good couple of months there on the companies dime. Buffalo was terrible 

What point did you make?

Edited by Zepol87

Yeah, Chicago and Milwaukee in particular are retooling and changing course to more tech-driven industries.  I think a big part of that is MN, WI, IL, and MI in particular---while having evil hellscape cities---those states do two things really well.  Their public education is far superior to that of the South & Great Plains states.  And their higher education systems are much deeper in terms of quality and access.  

Weather fucking sucks, but April-November...it's pretty damn nice.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Conservative Republican policies have killed Florida

Florida’s average rent showed a percentage increase from March 2020 to March 2023 of 45.77%, amounting to a whopping change from $1,459.73 to $2,127.86 per month.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/2023/06/14/florida-rent-prices-have-increased-drastically-since-2020-analysis-shows/#:~:text=Florida's average rent showed a,%241%2C459.73 to %242%2C127.86 per month.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Conservative Republican policies have killed Florida

Florida’s average rent showed a percentage increase from March 2020 to March 2023 of 45.77%, amounting to a whopping change from $1,459.73 to $2,127.86 per month.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/2023/06/14/florida-rent-prices-have-increased-drastically-since-2020-analysis-shows/#:~:text=Florida's average rent showed a,%241%2C459.73 to %242%2C127.86 per month.

And insurance rates are crazy

59 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Cliffs:

Californians get pissy when anyone questions the Leftist Utopia.

California has had large domestic migration outflow the last few years.  Mostly related to how awesome living in California actually is.

It’s absolutely not in anyway related to Prop 47, bail reform, defund the police, or Progressive District Attorneys.  Thats all fake news.

Actually, Californians get pissy when an uninformed idiot blathers on about shit he saw on right-wing media that has no basis in fact. 

The other two points have already been debunked here to the point that you're the only moron still willing to die on those hills. 

3 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Got it.  It’s smooth sailing in California, just fake news.

Well done.

@Foosterscan you do the board a favor, and take a photo of your office...the perfectly clean desk, the empty file drawers, all of that?  Because if nobody's being prosecuted, surely a Los Angeles Public Defender doesn't have any work to do.  Jack off two or three times a day, post on surly, check out r/buttholesharpies, just another day at the office for a PD.

• Haha 1