2021-2022 Texas Rangers Offseason Thread

CowtownHorn

1 hour ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Don't remember alot of games at Turnpike. But I remember seeing for Ranger and Longhorn and Brownwood great Jerry Don Gleaton pitch once. My dad and granddad were his little league coaches in elementary school.

Best and worst in the Temple was Beltre's 3,000th hit. He was sitting on 2998, Saturday night. Which was also my bachelor party. Tried to keep track but I was pretty fucking hammered. Next morning, my now wife called me around 11. Waking me up from my slumber on the bathroom floor where my groomsmen deposited me the night before.

"Are you still asleep? Get dressed. He only got one hit last night. I already bought us tickets."

It was awesome to see. but it was also 104 degrees outside in the sun and I felt like I was going to die

Your wife sounds like a keeper.

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

Your wife sounds like a keeper.

She really is. When we were first dating (about 4 months or so), I told her I always take off opening day, go to a bar, and watch all the games. (She didn't know anything about baseball at the time). She suggested finding a bar near her apartment and she would drive since she doesn't really drink much. She told me to find a bar. She lived in Frisco.

Knowing nothing about bars in Frisco, I found this place called Wild Pitch Sports Bar. Figured they would have the games on. Called to make sure they would have the Rangers game on speakers. We walked in about 11:30. I was looking up at the TV's tying to figure out where to sit. Sit down and ordered a drink. and only then did I notice that the women waitress were dressed basically in panties on bra.

Me :"I don't know if I can find another place to go before the Rangers game starts."

her : "It's fine. Look all you want. You're coming home with me. But I'm gonna get you a pen out of the car, you don't need to touch where those pens have been.."

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

So long IKF…

The Twins and Rangers are in agreement on a deal that will send infielder Isiah Kiner-Falefa to Minnesota, reports Jeff Passan of ESPN. Kiner-Falefa and a prospect will head to Minnesota in exchange for catcher Mitch Garver, per Jon Heyman of MLB Network.

19 minutes ago, CowtownHorn said:

So long IKF…

The Twins and Rangers are in agreement on a deal that will send infielder Isiah Kiner-Falefa to Minnesota, reports Jeff Passan of ESPN. Kiner-Falefa and a prospect will head to Minnesota in exchange for catcher Mitch Garver, per Jon Heyman of MLB Network.

hope he stays healthy. 

2 minutes ago, CowtownHorn said:

This move makes me think we have a 3B signing coming soon. Love the aggressiveness from the front office. This is fun. Rangers are deciding it’s time to stop fucking around and finding out.

kyle seager come on down!

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Whats the status on Jung out for the whole year? And does this mean we will see a trade for Trevino or Heim?

They said he might be able to return as a DH around August. I wouldn’t bank on him contributing to the big club this year but he should be the opening day starter at 3B in 2023.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, CowtownHorn said:

Seager and Seager on the left side. I can dig that.

Kyle retired. 

I think they'll roll with Ibanez for the year. Whatever leftover budget they have seems to be better served on the outfield and a starting pitcher. 

Great offseason. Garver was a nice return for IKF. 

It’s only a minor league deal, so doesn’t really matter, but Matt Moore still fucking sucks. 

After just ten innings in 2014, Moore had to undergo Tommy John surgery, which wiped out the rest of that season and much of the next. His first full season after the surgery, 2016, was a nice enough bounceback, as he threw 198 1/3 innings with an ERA of 4.08, 21.2% strikeout rate and 8.6% walk rate. Things trended the wrong way over the next couple of seasons, though, as Moore’s ERA was 5.52 and then 6.79 in 2017 and 2018. Knee surgery wiped out his 2019 after just ten innings.

In 2020, however, he was able to turn the ship around in Japan after signing with the SoftBank Hawks of Nippon Professional Baseball. He made 13 starts and logged 78 innings with an ERA of 2.65. He parlayed that into a $3MM deal to join the Phillies last year, but was unable to bring his success across the ocean. In 73 innings with the Phils last year, he put up an ERA of 6.29, along with subpar strikeout and walk rates of 18.9% and 11.4%.