Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

On 2/6/2024 at 8:08 AM, JBJ said:

Bad overhyped DEs/OLBs are a pet peeve of mine. For whatever reason, sports media loves the dudes who can get upfield quickly even when the run goes right into the giant gap they just opened.

image.jpeg.a74c6f2cd97df4fab8474587ad15a0cd.jpeg

• Rage+1 1

A few recruiting notes from Wells. Every cycle, he seems to get overly attached to an East Texas kid that he gasses up as a Texas lean only to see the kid head elsewhere for some reason or another. I'm beginning to wonder if Rickey Stewart is that guy this cycle. Good player, but Choice seems to be able to do what he wants each class.

Spoiler

The Longhorns are after a star-studded group of skill players in the 2025 class, including several ranked within the top 300 of the On3 Industry Ranking.

Inside Texas gets the latest from Andrew Marsh, Rickey Stewart Jr., and Daylan McCutcheon plus a note on a 2026 UT legacy as part of Valentine’s Day intel

Andrew Marsh, WR, Katy (Texas) Jordan

The No. 19 overall prospect in the 2025 On3 Industry Ranking has a slew of offers, but a handful of programs are currently standing out. 

Texas, Michigan, and LSU are looking strong, with Texas A&M in the mix as well. Marsh, who has seen Austin multiple times, told Inside Texas he will take an unofficial visit to Texas on April 20th for the Orange-White game.

The Horns have prioritized the dynamic pass-catcher who speaks to Steve Sarkisian and Chris Jackson multiple times per week. 

Rickey Stewart Jr., RB, Tyler (Texas) Chapel Hill

The 5-foot-11, 190-pound East Texas four-star has been on cloud nine since his Texas offer at junior day in late January. 

He’s now looking at a few visits over the next two months, including one to Austin. 

He’ll return to UT in late April for the Orange-White game, then will see Baylor that month as well. A visit to Oklahoma State could also take place, but that’s yet to be determined. 

Sources close to Stewart believe he wants to take a few official visits before he makes his announcement, but Inside Texas would be surprised if he makes it to June before a decision.

Daylan McCutcheon, WR, Lucas (Texas) Lovejoy

McCutcheon has a number of schools in the hunt, notably Texas, Ohio State, Florida State, and USC. He intends on visiting each school this Spring and hopes to make a decision this summer. He doesn’t have any solidified visit dates quite yet. 

McCutcheon and Jackson continue to get closer. The two were talking right before IT connected with the four-star receiver on Tuesday night. 

Edited by Hookem2147

5 hours ago, Getafix said:

Horns 247 

image.thumb.png.db8250cd5d79afe650bf42b621784c91.png

image.thumb.png.013ed5f5d51af43d077fbe11f153c495.png

If this happens, A&M's gonna be sad about LB recruiting against Texas again. I'm here for the screenshots. No doubt they'll just talk about "The Elk" unearthing some gritty three-star prospect who is actually better.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MuellerHorn said:

If this happens, A&M's gonna be sad about LB recruiting against Texas again. I'm here for the screenshots. No doubt they'll just talk about "The Elk" unearthing some gritty three-star prospect who is actually better.

He’s been a Texas lean for a long time. If they’ve been getting their hopes up, I’m curious what drove that?

• Hook 'Em 2

Hank South on Floyd Guidry III

"Could Texas add to its D-line haul in the coming weeks?"

Spoiler

Could Texas add to its D-line haul in the coming weeks?

12250466.png?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320 (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)

Spring 2025 defensive lineman Floyd Guidry III hasn’t minced his words when talking about the Longhorns.

“It was amazing,” Guidry recently said of his junior day visit to Texas. “Just seeing everything. They were showing the culture around here. Showing me what they do, how they do it. I was able to meet [Steve Sarkisian] himself. He loved my ability. It was just so awesome seeing it.”

Guidry considers Texas his top school, and judging by his enthusiasm following his latest visit to the Forty Acres, it feels like the Longhorns have a pretty good grasp on the top spot. The 6-foot-1-inch, 275-pound Guidry has mentioned he could see himself announcing a decision in the coming weeks or months.

What does Guidry’s timeline look like right now?

“Most likely the end of March, once he completes the last visit he is considering,” Guidry’s father, Floyd Jr., said. “But he wants to have it decided no later than the beginning of April so he can focus on his upcoming senior year and have a weight lifted off of him.”

The schools competing with Texas for Guidry’s commitment include LSU, TCU and Houston, among others. — HANK SOUTH

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MuellerHorn said:

Hank South on Floyd Guidry III

"Could Texas add to its D-line haul in the coming weeks?"

Hide contents

Could Texas add to its D-line haul in the coming weeks?

12250466.png?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320 (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)

Spring 2025 defensive lineman Floyd Guidry III hasn’t minced his words when talking about the Longhorns.

“It was amazing,” Guidry recently said of his junior day visit to Texas. “Just seeing everything. They were showing the culture around here. Showing me what they do, how they do it. I was able to meet [Steve Sarkisian] himself. He loved my ability. It was just so awesome seeing it.”

Guidry considers Texas his top school, and judging by his enthusiasm following his latest visit to the Forty Acres, it feels like the Longhorns have a pretty good grasp on the top spot. The 6-foot-1-inch, 275-pound Guidry has mentioned he could see himself announcing a decision in the coming weeks or months.

What does Guidry’s timeline look like right now?

“Most likely the end of March, once he completes the last visit he is considering,” Guidry’s father, Floyd Jr., said. “But he wants to have it decided no later than the beginning of April so he can focus on his upcoming senior year and have a weight lifted off of him.”

The schools competing with Texas for Guidry’s commitment include LSU, TCU and Houston, among others. — HANK SOUTH

I was a Spring Lion. An inch taller, ten pounds lighter, and, at best, half as strong. 

Just now, Gordon Shumway said:

I was a Westfield Mustang, played for Emory Bellard graduated in 90.  When were you at Spring? 

Mid-70s. I was coached by Coach George for a while. I see the stadium is now named for him. My increasingly diminished right knee kept me from playing a varsity game. Would have been nice to at least make it through 2 a days and play some games. I was pretty good in practice. Nose tackle was my best position.

23 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I was a Spring Lion. An inch taller, ten pounds lighter, and, at best, half as strong. 

As was I, what year?  

Just now, deech said:

As was I, what year?  

NM...lot earlier.  I was a '94 grad.

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He's from Ohio, was days away from committing to them, then went to our Junior Day and called his announcement off. It's a remnant of the earlier silent.

Ohio State also had a 2nd 5* typeCB commit right before this as well which didn’t hurt

35 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He's from Ohio, was days away from committing to them, then went to our Junior Day and called his announcement off. It's a remnant of the earlier silent.

Just read that his father went to LSU and was a 2004 Olympic gold medalist in the 4x400 relay and bronze medalist in the 400 meters. His mother was a sprinter at Ohio State for three years and is a member of the Ohio State Hall of  Fame.

Stampede: Recruiting outlook for UT's regional rivals

This morning we're taking a look around the regional landscape as it pertains to Texas' rivals and how their 2025 classes are currently constructed. We'll dive into the outlooks for Texas A&M, which currently ranks No. 25 in the 247Sports Composite Team Recruiting Rankings, and Oklahoma (with the help of our friend Collin Kennedy), which currently sits at the No. 5 spot as things stand. 

Of course we'll do the same temperature check for Texas, which currently ranks No. 14 in the nation, with just five commitments. 

What we're doing is taking a look at the current commitment makeup of each rival program and the latest on those recruitments, each Crystal Ball that's already been logged in favor of each program, as well as three recruits each school is currently trending for but not yet according to the Crystal Ball. 

Keep in mind, this isn't a recruiting board or top targets list for each school. It's simply where things stand (in a brief snapshot) for the Longhorns' two biggest rival programs. 

Let's get started! 

Not a VIP member of Horns247? Sign up today and get your first month for just $1! 

TEXAS A&M OUTLOOK
Kelvion Riggins
Texas A&M commit Kelvion Riggins. (Photo: Andrew Hattersley , 247Sports)
Commits:

Katy Paetow four-star cornerback Deyjhon Pettaway

Forney three-star linebacker Kelvion Riggins

Houston LSSS three-star interior offensive lineman Joshua Moses

The skinny:

— For over a year prior to announcing his commitment to the Aggies, one of the worst kept secrets across the Houston recruiting scene was that Deyjhon Pettaway was going to end up at either Oklahoma or Texas A&M. With Pettaway being half brothers with 2023 Texas A&M linebacker signee Daymion Sanford and cousins with 2023 Oklahoma wide receiver signee Jaquaize Pettaway, his recruitment was completely run by the Sooners and the Aggies as soon as both schools offered. As soon as the Mike Elko staff took office in College Station, the Aggies immediately retained all momentum that had been left over from the Jimbo Fisher staff and landed a commitment from the Top247 prospect rather quickly on Jan. 27. While the Longhorns were among plenty of programs that initially liked Pettaway due to his sub 10.8 track speed, he ultimately doesn’t fit what Texas tends to recruit at cornerback from a size perspective and because of that Texas never offered Pettaway. 

— Like plenty of other programs from across the nation, Texas was early to offer Kelvion Riggins in the summer going into his sophomore season. However as the cycle continued other linebacker targets like Riley Pettijohn, Elijah Barnes, and Anthony “Deuce” Williams began to emerge higher on Texas’ board and ultimately both sides had gone their separate ways by the time Riggins announced his commitment to Texas A&M on Jan. 26. Riggins’ last time at Texas was during the January Junior Day in 2023. 

— Texas never expressed any interest in Joshua Moses which is somewhat interesting due to Moses fitting what Kyle Flood typically covets in offensive linemen as the three-star prospect has massive size at 6-foot-3, 315 pounds. While I’ve personally never spoken with Moses, I remember a source telling me Texas A&M was Moses’ dream school growing up and that the Aggies effectively sealed the deal when they were one of the first schools to offer Moses. 

Andrew Marsh. (Photo: Collin Kennedy, 247Sports)
Crystal balls:

N/A

Trending for:

Katy Jordan four-star wide receiver Andrew Marsh

Bellville four-star defensive lineman DJ Sanders

DeSoto four-star running back Deondrae Riden

The skinny: 

— Andrew Marsh grew up rooting for the Aggies but for the majority of the last year Texas A&M has been behind the curve in the recruitment due to the Jimbo Fisher staff being late to offer among other things. Mike Elko’s best move since arriving in College Station was poaching Holmon Wiggins from Alabama, and the move has immediately paid off as the Aggies are the leader in the recruitment according to a longtime Houston source. Wiggins and Elko have prioritized Marsh as WR1 in the class and ultimately the Aggies have the most variables going in their favor as well. I don’t see a decision coming anytime soon and expect Marsh to announce a commitment later on in the cycle. While I wouldn’t be surprised to see Marsh’s recruitment eventually turn into a rollercoaster, I do think the Aggies are set up the best down the stretch out of any programs currently in the hunt. 

— Bellville’s DJ Sanders has had one of the more quiet recruitments out of the top prospects in the state this cycle as the nation’s No. 146 overall prospect has consistently kept a low profile on social media and hasn’t taken very many visits either. Sources have long thought it would be a classic in-state battle between the Longhorns and the Aggies, but as time has gone on more and more sources have begun to lean towards Texas A&M. Visits in the future and timing of the decision could certainly effect how this holds, but at least for now this one appears to be trending towards College Station. 

Deondrae Riden. (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)

— It feels like momentum has shifted rather quickly in the recruitment of Deondrae Riden, and largely in part due to the coaching staff change in College Station. The Aggies are recruiting Riden harder than any other school currently is, and on the same end of the stick he’s A&M’s highest priority at running back. Buzz between the Aggies and Riden started up when he took his first visit to College Station under the new staff, and since then there hasn’t been much talk of other programs. Of the schools in the recruitment, the Aggies have the biggest need at the position. It’s also important to note that because of how Jimbo Fisher’s tenure in College Station ended, the Elko staff has a smaller pool of prospects to recruit than other programs due to plenty of recruits essentially already shutting the door on the Aggies before Fisher was even fired. Because of that, the margin for error is much smaller and the necessity to land Riden is amplified due to other options at the position not being nearly as talented of a prospect. Like Marsh and Sanders, Riden could easily fall into the “can’t miss” category for the Aggies. -- Scruggs 

OKLAHOMA OUTLOOK
Commits:

Millwood four-star wide receiver Jaden Nickens

Checotah four-star wide receiver Elijah Thomas

Carl Albert three-star athlete Trynae Washington

Bridgeland three-star offensive tackle Ryan Fodje

Carl Albert three-star athlete Marcus James

Carl Albert three-star quarterback Kevin Sperry

Lee’s Summit North three-star defensive lineman Ka'Mori Moore

Ennis three-star wide receiver Gracen Harris

Melissa three-star interior lineman Owen Hollenbeck

Wagoner three-star edge Alexander Shieldnight

The skinny: 

— Oklahoma got its class going in the cycle with a pledge from Kevin Sperry. A signal caller in the 2025 class who committed to the Sooners when OU didn’t have a ‘25 or even a 2024 commit, Sperry has been the leader of the cycle.

— Oklahoma prioritized an early push for the 2025 cycle and that paid off in the form of its wide receiver commits. Two in-state wideouts in Jaden Nickens and Elijah Thomas are the lone four-stars of OU’s current class. Nickens is a 6-foot-4 true outside receiver type while Thomas is an athletic playmaker who can provide some versatility. Rounding out the group is Gracen Harris, likely a slot player at the next level, and Trynae Washington who’s set to be a flex tight end type at Oklahoma.

Oklahoma commit Ryan Fodje. (Photo: Collin Kennedy, 247Sports)

— Oklahoma has two offensive line commits at this time. Owen Hollenbeck is a guard at Melissa who’s the center take in the class. Ryan Fodje out of Bridgeland is the teammate of Texas target Jonte Newman, another promising front line talent out of the program.

— Oklahoma has been pushing to overhaul its defensive line since the new staff took over. The two front liners currently committed are a pair of three-stars in in-state Alexander Shieldnight and Ka’Mori Moore in the state of Missouri.

— The last commit to mention for Oklahoma is Marcus James. Listed as an athlete in the 247Sports database, he’ll play inside linebacker at the next level. Many feel James can add plenty of weight to the frame while maintaining an athletic profile that should translate well to the position. 

Crystal balls:

Galveston Ball four-star linebacker Jonah Williams

Carl Albert four-star cornerback Trystan Haynes

Shadow Creek four-star cornerback Cobey Sellers

Fort Bend Christian Academy edge Max Granville

Atascocita four-star running back Tory Blaylock

Bauxite three-star safety Marcus Wimberly

The skinny: 

— There was every reason, coming out of Jonah Williams’ most recent visit to Oklahoma, for a pick to be put in. But there’s a reason I didn’t. The forgotten concept at times in recruiting is the counter punch. There’s strong belief behind the scenes that high level programs are going to be fighting to regain momentum, certainly something to monitor.

—Trystan Haynes is essentially the last Power Five caliber recruit at Carl Albert not committed to Oklahoma. The Sooners brought in Xavier Robinson in 2024 and currently hold commitments from Kevin Sperry, Trynae Washington and Marcus James. Haynes is a talenter corner who has several connections to the program, he’s a must get for the Sooners.

Cobey Sellers. (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)

— Cobey Sellers has long had a strong connection with OU’s staff. His most recent visit really seemed to push things over the edge. Sellers likely won’t wind things down soon, but OU appears to be in prime position.

— Max Granville went into his last Oklahoma trip with plenty of questions about the program. The Sooners’ staff was able to answer them while providing much more during a visit in Norman. This is a recruitment that’s likely far from over as blue blood programs ramp up pursuit, but Granville is one of the top priorities for OU across the cycle.

— Tory Blaylock wasn’t necessarily seen as someone who OU was towards the top for going into his last visit in Norman. Out of that trip, though, the immediate feedback indicated a lead built for the Sooners’ staff.

— Marcus Wimberly has picked up a number of predictions that favor OU, but this is another that I’ve held off a pick for a reason. There are a number of other safety targets still on the board for Oklahoma, and at a time where scholarships may be limited, OU has to be careful with its timing. 

Trending for:

Denton Ryan four-star offensive tackle Ty Haywood

Weatherford four-star edge CJ Nickson

Frisco Emerson three-star cornerback Maliek Hawkins

The skinny: 

— The 2025 cycle is one that Oklahoma has to land a quality offensive line haul, especially when you consider the amount of talent at the position in the region. Ty Haywood feels like the most likely land at this time among the top tackles in the area and latest hearings indicate momentum in OU’s favor.

— A top-50 prospect nationally at a premium position who resides in-state, CJ Nickson is another recruit who feels like one Oklahoma has to close on. A highly regarded basketball prospect as well, the Sooners hosted the four-star for a visit that kept up the idea that this might ultimately be the landing spot.

— The son of former Oklahoma safety Mike Hawkins and the younger brother of current OU quarterback Michael Hawkins, there are several programs that recognize the one program that might be able to pull the youngest Hawkins away from Oklahoma is Texas, but even then it still feels like an unlikely scenario. -- Sooners Illustrated's Collin Kennedy 

TEXAS OUTLOOK

Texas QB commit KJ Lacey. (Photo: Jason Caldwell, 247Sports)
Commits:

Calhoun (GA) four-star tight end Emaree Winston

Texarkana (TX) Pleasant Grove four-star defensive lineman Lance Jackson

Saraland (AL) four-star quarterback KJ Lacey

Melbourne (FL) Eau Gallie three-star defensive lineman Brandon Brown

Pearland Shadow Creek three-star linebacker Anthony "Deuce" Williams

The skinny:

— Tight end is a big need in the class of 2025 for Texas, so it’s no surprise that the Longhorns went out and added Winston early in the cycle. Texas turned up the heat in the Georgia native’s recruitment in the fall before hosting him during the Red River Shootout followed by a trip to Austin for the Kansas State game. He and his family were immediately sold. Once UT special teams and tight ends coach Jeff Banks locked in on Winston being one of his top guys it was all but written as to where he would end up committing.

— Lance Jackson was a prospect we forecasted to end up with Texas from the jump. The only surprise was how early the Pleasant Grove standout announced when he popped the Sunday after Junior Day last month. And one of the big reasons Texas was able to bring this one home, despite not having a D-line coach in place at the time — was Jackson’s relationship with UT defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski. The Texas assistant had recruited Jackson’s older brother, Landon, when he was at Washington, which forged a bond early dating back to Lance being in middle school. That and the trajectory of Texas under Steve Sarkisian were the two big selling points for the East Texas DL.

— Another big position of need for Texas in 2025 is quarterback. We haven’t said that in a while with the depth amassed under center in Austin, but if you factor in the all-but-certain idea that Quinn Ewers will be entering the 2025 NFL Draft, that leaves the Longhorns with Arch Manning and Trey Owens as the two scholarship quarterbacks on the roster. The Longhorns wasted no time in recruiting Lacey and landing a commitment from the talented Top100 signal caller last summer. And for a while, the Saraland standout was the only UT commitment on the list for the class of 2025. That was until the late fall surge, that has Texas now in the Top 20 of the recruiting rankings. Lacey was a player Sark compared to Bryce Young in his evaluation note, and you can see traces of the No. 1 draft pick in the young UT commit’s game. It was a major recruiting win for the staff, beating out the likes of Alabama, Auburn, and others. Lacey is still taking visits elsewhere, but maintains he’s solid with the Longhorns.

— Sound like a skipping record here, but defensive line is probably always going to be a “need” for Texas to be on top of the SEC (and remain there). Texas only signed two high school prospects in 2024 (three if you count D’antre Robinson) and brought in Arizona transfer Tia Savea. Brown was one of the more productive defensive linemen in the Southeast as a junior and caught former D-line coach Bo Davis’ eye. The 6-foot-1.5, 286-pounder committed to the Longhorns sight unseen. With Davis gone the big question is will Brown stay committed. So far he has, but he is looking at all of his options. Brown is a Florida legacy and you can bet the regional schools will try and keep him home. He’s scheduled to take his first visit to the Forty Acres sometime this spring.

— After only signing one linebacker from the prep ranks in 2024, the Longhorns got a jump on the efforts in ’25, landing Anthony “Deuce” Williams from Shadow Creek. A Baylor legacy, Williams impressed the Texas staff as a sophomore and then again at Elite Camp last June on the way to earning an offer at the invite-only Texas Bash event in late July. The Longhorns were the childhood favorite for the athletic ‘backer, so it was a question of when and not if Williams would be committing to Texas. He joined the fold on Jan. 1 and is locked in with UT entering the spring. 

Rickey Stewart. (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
Crystal balls:

McKinney four-star linebacker Riley Pettijohn

Tyler Chapel Hill three-star running back Rickey Stewart

Port Neches-Groves three-star interior offensive lineman Jackson Christian

DeSoto three-star offensive tackle Byron Washington

Cy-Fair four-star defensive lineman Landon Rink

Mater Dei (CA) four-star running back Jordon Davison

Dickinson three-star interior offensive lineman Tyler Thomas

Fort Bend Marshall three-star cornerback Caleb Chester

The skinny:

—Pettijohn recently put out a top six, but if you ask me, Texas has set the bar in this recruitment and that’s even considering the change at linebackers coach with Johnny Nansen coming in to replace Jeff Choate this offseason. Florida State and Texas A&M are likely the top competition for the elite in-state ‘backer. Texas landed a big recruit from McKinney in Xavier Filsaime in the class of 2024.

— Stewart received an offer from Texas at Junior Day last month while committed to SMU. He’s no longer committed to the Mustangs if that tells you anything. The in-state back will take his time on his next decision, but Texas is in pole position as we sit here in February.

— Texas jumped on Christian early, offering the in-state OL after his camp performance last June where he impressed in front of Kyle Flood and Steve Sarkisian. The Longhorns’ timeliness in this one will likely help their cause in the long run.

— Washington’s sheer size is something to behold. The 6-foot-7.5, 380-pounder went viral back in the fall for making a 6A varsity pass rusher look like a Pop Warner player. Texas is trending in the right direction, up against the likes of TCU and Oregon. 

— Anytime a legacy recruit is a top target, you have to like that school’s chances. Rink is no exception. Although he has maintained that he won’t pick Texas just because his dad picked Texas. But the Longhorns have gone above and beyond here in building a bond and showing him their vision. Rink has already connected with new defensive line coach Kenny Baker and UT still appears in good position here, with programs like Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Ohio State, and Notre Dame in contention.

— Texas has arguably done the best job of recruiting Davison to date, and that’s a credit to Tashard Choice. The four-star back has made about a half dozen trips to the Forty Acres from California, most recently being joined by his family for Junior Day. Davison is still national profile-type recruit and has heavy interest from Alabama, Colorado and many others. Texas is our projected pick at this point, though.

— Thomas earned his offer at Elite Camp last June and even said Texas was the team to beat in his recruitment. He’s still taking his time and using his visits. Texas A&M is another school heavily in play.

— Assuming Texas presses here, the Longhorns will be a hard out at a source near Chester’s recruitment has stated it’s likely he’ll stay in-state for college, making Texas A&M the other program to watch. 

Elijah Bo Barnes. (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)

Trending for:

South Oak Cliff four-star edge rusher Kamauryn Morgan

Spring three-star defensive lineman Floyd Guidry III

Dallas Skyline four-star linebacker Elijah Bo Barnes

The skinny:

— Morgan loaded up on offers after his sophomore season, Texas included. He recently transferred to South Oak Cliff from Red Oak for his senior season. He was back on campus for Junior Day and is likely to get back for an official visit at some point in the summer. Horns247 has been told that those in Morgan’s inner circle would prefer he stay in the state of Texas when it comes time to make a decision. The five schools most heavily in the mix are: Georgia, Oregon, Texas, Texas A&M, and SMU

— Guidry was one of former D-line coach Bo Davis’ last offers before leaving for LSU. No Davis, no problem, though, as Guidry came away from his Jan. 20 Junior Day visit all smiles when talking about the Longhorns. UT holds an edge over the in-state schools and the Bayou Bengals as we sit here in February. A decision is expected in late March or early April.

— Barnes has already hit it off with new co-DC and linebackers coach Johnny Nansen. The four-star in-state linebacker returned to the Forty Acres for Junior Day last month and will more than likely be back a handful of times throughout the calendar year. He also visited for the Kansas game last fall. Barnes is going to put out a top 10 on March 1. It would be a shock if Texas wasn’t on that. And we believes the Longhorns are closer to the top spot than they are 10. Other schools of note include: Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Oregon, USC, LSU and Nebraska. -- South 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1