Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

Posted (edited)
On 4/5/2024 at 6:53 AM, South Austin said:

Who is his daddy (and what does he do)?

Anthony Williams (Sr), long time NFL scout, College Scout, UA Scout, FBU scout. Basically the Godfather of modern era Scouting in Texas. 

Edited by CoachEmUp64

On 4/5/2024 at 6:53 AM, South Austin said:

Who is his daddy (and what does he do)?

46 minutes ago, CoachEmUp64 said:

Anthony Williams (Sr), long time NFL scout, College Scout, UA Scout, FBU scout. Basically the Godfather of modern era Scouting in Texas. 

Boys have a penis and girls have a vagina.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

12 hours ago, tokamak said:

Stewart’s tape is filthy and his HS stats are ludicrous. We have stockpiled an absolute embarrassment of riches at RB.  

After looking at his HUDL highlights and knowing what we have on campus, it seems like that spot that we've offered to Jordan Davison could be better spent on another position.

16 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

After looking at his HUDL highlights and knowing what we have on campus, it seems like that spot that we've offered to Jordan Davison could be better spent on another position.

We are going to see some TB attrition. There’s a reason they’re taking 2 every time they can. 

• Hook 'Em 2

The only RB that we'll lose would be Red. CJ isn't leaving, the frosh aren't leaving, but Blue could go pro depending on his year. Gerry and Bobby have said he's wanting to be done this year. 

Assuming Red leaves, one of Gibson or Clark will move up, and injuries happen, and Sark has shown he'll use 2 backs. 

43 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

The only RB that we'll lose would be Red. CJ isn't leaving, the frosh aren't leaving, but Blue could go pro depending on his year. Gerry and Bobby have said he's wanting to be done this year. 

Assuming Red leaves, one of Gibson or Clark will move up, and injuries happen, and Sark has shown he'll use 2 backs. 

Wisner is very good, too. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

So a quartet of Moore, Kelshaun Johnson, Ffrench and Lockett is possible?

Would that be the greatest WR class in history? 

Would be difficult to top the 2000 class of Williams, Johnson, and Thomas if we’re strictly talking from a high school rankings perspective.

https://247sports.com/Season/2000-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&Position=WR

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Would be difficult to top the 2000 class of Williams, Johnson, and Thomas if we’re strictly talking from a high school rankings perspective.

https://247sports.com/Season/2000-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&Position=WR

That's three of the top-six WRs.

Moore, Ffrench, Lockett are three of the top FOUR WRs ---- and this doesn't include Kelshaun.

https://247sports.com/Season/2025-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&Position=WR

29 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

13 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Moore, Ffrench, Lockett are three of the top FOUR WRs ---- and this doesn't include Kelshaun.

https://247sports.com/Season/2025-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&Position=WR

Tony Jeffery/Jefferies/? was also in that class couched by Rivals as an ATH but recruited the whole by Texas as a WR, if memory serves. It was a beast of a class on the WR end. 

30 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Wait until we land 3 of the top 4, and then let me know where they end up ranked in the final rankings. (Hint: they won’t all be in the top 4.)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

Is the Russell getting a Texas offer still a thing? I thought he was coming in one of these weekends? I am aware of Lacey’s status and what appears to be a strong push with all the receivers there while he was in town. The talk on this thread went from can we take two to nary a word of late.

1 hour ago, Hookem10 said:

I’ll use my reverse jinx and say no way in hell DM flips to the great guys 

I like the sentiment but you can’t trick the football gods.

• Hook 'Em 1

Stampede

DALLAS — This weekend marked the first weekend of Overtime's "OT7" branded 7on7 circuit that features plenty of the nation's top 7on7 teams from all over the country as countless division one prospects descended upon Dallas to test their mettle on NFL Network and Overtime's YouTube stream. 

Horns247 was on-site for both days alongside 247Sports National team members Mike Roach and Hudson Standish as we spoke with more than a plethora of prospects and sources throughout the weekend. 

It was also an eventful weekend on the Forty Acres as well, as the Longhorns landed a commitment from Tyler Chapel Hill three-star running back Rickey Stewart while also hosting dozens of Top247 prospects in Austin for the Longhorn City Limits recruiting event. 

While we did hear buzz from Texas' event all the way back in Dallas, it was Horn247's Hank South who was on-campus on Saturday and he'll have that covered over in Part II of today's Stampede. 

On the other hand, in this edition of today's Stampede we'll be covering the prospects we either spoke to and/or heard from sources on over while out at the OT7 tournament in Dallas this weekend. 

Although big 7on7 tournaments like this one can be tiresome, they're immensely valuable with tracking down the latest on out-of-state prospects and with OT7 returning to Dallas again next week, we should have two weeks of loaded Stampede's.

FT. LAUDERDALE (FL) AMERICAN HERITAGE 2026 QUARTERBACK DIA BELL

Dia Bell (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
— Bell wasn't expecting to receive an offer from the Longhorns until after competing in a camp, so when Texas extended the offer while the 6-foot-2, 195 pounder was on campus several weeks ago it truly blew Bell away. With the only visit on the calendar currently being an early June trip to Austin for the Texas Elite Camp, Bell mentioned he doesn't have any other visits set in stone but that he's working to get to Tuscaloosa on Apr. 13 for the Crimson Tide's spring game. With Bell being 7on7 teammates with Saraland (AL) four-star QB and Texas commit KJ Lacey, the two have grown a strong relationship and Lacey is actually doing his fair share of peer recruiting the NBA legacy to join him a year later in Austin.  Miami, Penn State, LSU, Ohio State, and Auburn were the schools listed by Bell as current standouts alongside the Longhorns. Although neither Bell nor Troy Huhn have't necessarily provided concrete evidence of this thinking, I do believe the chances are higher that Huhn ends up as the Longhorns quarterback in 2026 and not Bell. Of the three quarterback prospects in 2026 with offers from the Longhorns, Bell and Huhn are the only signal callers that are currently uncommitted. Bell is far from being close to making his college decision but brought up he's been thinking about knocking it out sometime this summer.

TEXAS HIGH 2026 RUNNING BACK TRADARIAN BALL

Tradarian Ball (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
— Although he'll be missing the spring game because of prom and next weekend's recruiting event due to another 7on7 tournament, Texas is still very much in the thick of it for Ball. With Ball growing up a Texas fan the Longhorns would probably still be in this recruitment even if I was in charge of Texas' running backs, but with Tashard Choice being Ball's primary recruiter the Longhorns have themselves in great position early on. Texas leads on the 247Sports Crystal Ball and with the burnt orange being thought of as the presumed leader, Ball mentioned he's working on setting up visits to see Tennessee, USC, Nebraska, and Colorado this offseason.

MCKINNEY TOP247 LINEBACKER RILEY PETTIJOHN

Riley Pettijohn (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
— Pettijohn pulled up to the tournament Sunday morning just hours removed from landing in Dallas after visiting USC on Saturday. The visit to Los Angeles went well for the Trojans, but the sense around the recruitment has remained the same in that the Longhorns are thought of as the leader with Austin, Texas being the predicted landing spot. That said, from speaking with Pettijohn and sources close to him the Trojans and the Aggies are thought to pose the biggest threat to Texas as the Longhorns continue to work to shut this one down in the summer. At one point earlier this spring sources believed Georgia posed the biggest threat, but as we've gotten further from the Bulldogs offering in January it appears Texas has weather the potential storm. Next up for Pettijohn will be a trip to Texas A&M this Saturday followed by another visit to Austin for the Longhorns' Orange and White spring game on Apr. 20. Horns247's Hank South has already entered in a Crystal Ball prediction in favor of the Longhorns and I'll be joining him later this week.

DUNCANVILLE TOP247 2026 DEFENSIVE LINEMAN KJ FORD

KJ Ford (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
— Oklahoma, Texas A&M, and Miami seem to be the main competition for Texas early on in the recruitment, and I wouldn't be surprised if the trend continues. The Sooners might be the early leader after getting Ford on campus three times this spring, but I'm not really worried for the time being as this Oklahoma staff has repeatedly shown they have a low hit rate when leading early for a high profile defensive lineman. Miami being in the recruitment this much already is a little interesting, as Ford has already visited Coral Gables and has a lot of familiarity with the Canes staff and plans to return on Apr. 13 for Miami's spring game. The last time Ford was in Austin was on Mar. 22 when he stopped by with California Power before visiting Texas A&M the following day. Besides the Miami visit on Apr. 13, Ford's only other visit on the calendar is another trip to Norman for the Sooners' spring game on Apr. 20. While it may seem as if Texas could potentially be falling behind, I can assure you that's far from the case. To be honest this one feels as if the recruitment is on a very similar timeline to that of former Duncanville star Colin Simmons. Also of note, Ford, the state's No. 1 ranked prospect in 2026, said in an interview with 247Sports' Mike Roach that "Texas is going to be like the next Alabama."

SAN CLEMENTE (CA) TOP247 LINEBACKER MATAI TAGOA’I — USC COMMIT

Matai Tagoa'i (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
— Originally scheduled to be in Austin this past Saturday for the Longhorn City Limits recruiting event, Tagoa'i's plans were changed when he committed to USC on Apr. 1. The commitment was a bit out of the blue, as Tagoa'i wasn't able to visit any of the other schools (besides USC) he was truly considering. That said, now that he's given the commitment to the Trojans he's decided to cancel his other visits while honoring trips to Texas, Washington, and Oklahoma. At this point in time Tagoa'i isn't sure if those visits will be unofficial or official, but he said he discussed it with USC and that it's understood he will be seeing those three schools in some form or fashion in the future. Although I have a fair amount of doubt that any school would be able to pull him from his USC commitment, Tagoa'i is a special prospect and after seeing him in person for the first time this weekend I don't see any world where Texas isn't recruiting this type of prospect through the whistle.

SEFFNER (FL) ARMWOOD 2026 CORNERBACK JAELEN WATERS

Jaelen Waters (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
— Waters put out a top five this past week that featured Florida, Florida St., Notre Dame, USC, and Texas. Jeff Banks and the Longhorns offered Feb. 1 and in the time since it's been Banks who's been Waters' primary point of contact from the Texas side of the things. He's working on setting up a visit to see Texas for the first time ahead of a commitment he plans to make by the end of the summer. The only visit on the calendar for now is Florida State on Apr. 19. Don't have an amazing read on a specific school here but definitely lean away from Texas for the time being.

CARROLLTON (GA) 2026 TOP247 SAFETY ZELUS HICKS

Zelus Hicks (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
— Hicks, the nation's No. 12 overall prospect in the 2026 class per the 247Sports Composite Rankings, doesn't hold an offer from Texas just yet but he's been in contact with Blake Gideon and the Longhorns for several weeks now. It's still pretty open for Hicks at this point but he mentioned Auburn, Clemson, Miami, and Ohio State as the schools currently catching his eye. With Hicks playing for one of the nation's most popular 7on7 teams, Raw7v7, Hicks will be in Dallas again this upcoming weekend and has planned two different visits to see Texas and Baylor while in the Lone Star State next week. Although I expect Texas to offer when Hicks visits next week, I'm not sure where they could stand afterwards with Hicks being a Georgia prospect.

MESQUITE HORN 2026 SAFETY MARKEL FORD

Markel Ford (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
— There isn't much new to Ford's recruitment. Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, and SMU remain the main schools in the mix for the 6-foot-1, 195 pounder and sources close to Ford don't expect the group to change much either as the recruitment goes on towards the future. Blake Gideon and the Longhorns have been in more consistent contact than ever before, with a source close to the recruitment telling Horns247 that the Longhorns recently told both Ford and the Mesquite Horn staff that Ford is Texas' No. 1 safety on the board. It's still early in the recruitment, but in talking with Ford you get the sense playing for a defensive minded head coach could be a big deal in his recruitment, hence Oklahoma and Texas A&M. If Texas were to land Lamont Rogers it would certainly help with Ford, but it'd be far from the deciding factor. Look for Chris Gilbert to really get involved as we move further into the recruitment as the majority of Mesquite Horn's coaching staff happened to coach under Gilbert at some point along the way.

OTHER NOTES

SANTA ANA (CA) MATER DEI 2027 TIGHT END MARK BOWMAN

Mark Bowman (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
— I didn't interview him, but I spoke off the record with Bowman a few separate times throughout the weekend and I'm really starting to go from liking Texas' chances to loving Texas' chances. He's obviously extremely far from making a decision with Bowman being a 2027 recruit, but man there's a lot to like here. Bowman and Zane Rowe would be the dream tight end haul for the 2027 class, but Bowman mentioned to me he's already working to eventually reclass to the 2026 class. Click HERE for a story with quotes from a few weeks ago that goes more in-depth with why I like Texas' chances.

DUNCANVILLE TOP247 QUARTERBACK KEELON RUSSELL — SMU COMMIT

Keelon Russell (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
— Russell visited SMU on Friday for the Ponies spring game on Friday before heading to College Station to visit Texas A&M on Saturday. While at A&M the Aggies were honest with him and told him that Husan Longstreet was their No. 1 QB target, but that if they don't land his commitment on Apr. 14 then Russell will be the Aggies new QB1 on the board. That could potentially be incredibly important. Texas hasn't made any moves yet to show of this, but there's certainly buzz behind the scenes that the Longhorns would like to take two quarterbacks in 2025 with the other signal caller potentially being Russell. That said, Longstreet's announcement on Apr. 14 becomes all the more important for the sake of quarterback dominoes. Although Longstreet is expected to choose A&M, there's been a bunch of momentum from the Auburn side over the last few weeks. As crazy as it sounds, it'd likely be better for Texas' sake that the crystal ball predictions pull through and A&M lands Longstreet. In today's day and age of quarterback recruiting with NIL and the transfer portal, Texas A&M and SMU are about the last two schools you want to get into a recruiting battle with if you're another school attempting to flip Russell from his SMU commitment. As far as upcoming visits go, Russell's only trips on the calendar are his spring game visit to Texas and official visits to Florida, Houston, and SMU. Russell also mentioned he's working to get out to Alabama on Thursday for an unofficial visit. The Crimson Tide's staff has been in consistent contact with Russell as of late and could be close to offering. Oregon was also mentioned as a potential visit, which would happen in May. Oregon's contact is noteworthy as there's been buzz behind the scenes the Ducks could be looking at signing two quarterbacks in 2025.

SACHSE TOP247 WIDE RECEIVER KALIQ LOCKETT
— Over the weekend I spoke to a source close to the five-star that believes that after Saturday's visit to the Forty Acres, the Longhorns are now in the top group of the recruitment with Florida State and LSU. It's extremely encouraging news, as if you'd been following this recruitment you'd know that several months ago that would seem nearly impossible. There's still a long way to go in this recruitment and I'm not quite ready to enter in a crystal ball prediction just yet, but I'm starting to really like Texas' chances here. 

AUSTIN, Texas — The Longhorns wrapped up a very eventful Longhorn City Limits recruiting event over the weekend that featured a number of Steve Sarkisian and company's top targets on both offense and defense. 

In all, over two dozen big names made their way to Austin to watch Texas scrimmage, go through position meetings, attend a crawfish boil, and tour campus. Some, like Dakorien Moore and Elijah Bo Barnes stayed through Sunday. 

We'll see how the Orange-White game measures up to April 6 in terms of such a concentrated amount of top targets on campus, but it's safe to say there's plenty of Texas buzz coming from the weekend. 

Of course we saw the Longhorns land four-star running back Rickey Stewart who's been a big target of the staff's since they offered on Jan. 20. It's likely we see several more commitments by National Signing Day from this group that was in attendance.

If you missed our Quick Hitters from Saturday evening, you can check back on those HERE. In The Stampede, Part II, we'll break down additional scoop we've gathered from the event. 

Also, make sure to read Jordan Scruggs' work in The Stampede, Part I: OT7 Dallas Recruiting Scoop

John Mills. (Photo: Brandon Huffman, 247Sports)
Longhorns the favorite for West Coast OL?

Texas' offensive line recruiting efforts have centered around the Big 3 in-state names: Michael Fasusi, Lamont Rogers, and Ty Haywood. And while all three are big targets of UT's, there was an out-of-state prospect on campus this weekend for the fourth time in his recruitment. San Francisco-area OT John Mills spent the weekend in Austin ahead of an official visit this summer, telling Horns247 it was his "favorite visit yet." The three-star lineman that has a top six of Texas, Cal, Florida, Nebraska, USC, and Washington tells Horns247 that UT is "one of, if not the team to beat" in his recruitment heading into the summer. As Horns247 has reported, Washington is UT's biggest competition, as Mills has a lot of family ties to the Huskies program. But sources close to Mills feel Texas is in good shape at this juncture. For now, a decision will be made after official visits. If the 6-foot-6, 340-pounder moves up that timeline, that's even better for the Longhorns.

More intel on 5-star WR Jaime Ffrench's visit

Coming into the weekend, the Longhorns had a handful of major wide receiver targets on campus, but none bigger than five-star LSU pledge Dakorien Moore and five-star Jacksonville native Jaime Ffrench. The latter's visit went so well that Ffrench put Texas in his top three with Ohio Sate and Tennessee. Checking with sources coming out of the weekend, Horn247 is told that not only did Ffrench love the visit, but so did his family that attended Longhorn City Limits with him. Make no mistake, Texas is putting the full-court press on trying to land the one-time Alabama commit that ranks No. 17 overall in the 247Sports Composite. Ohio State is thought to be the favorite, but the Longhorns seem to have Ffrench at the very least thinking about a future home on the Forty Acres. He'll return for an official visit June 21-23. That means Texas will get the last crack at him this summer before an August decision. Ffrench will always have a spot in the class if he wants it.

Dakorien Moore at Texas on Saturday. (Photo: Hank South, 247Sports)
Brooding in Baton Rouge? 

Yes I did look up synonyms for "concern" that I could use for alliteration purposes. That's because Texas is making things very interesting with the aforementioned five-star wideout and LSU commit Dakorien Moore. As noted above, the Duncanville standout is arguably Texas' top offensive target left on the recruiting board, and, like Ffrench, he's got a spot in the class no matter what. Not every target is held in such high regard as that. Moore was back in Austin for the second straight weekend and will return once again on April 20 (with his quarterback in SMU pledge Keelon Russell) for the Orange-White game. Visiting the biggest flip threat so many times in a span of four weeks can't have the Tigers staff feeling very bubbly inside. With that being said, LSU is no slouch and has plenty going for it in the race to hang on to the nation's No. 1 pass catcher and No. 2 overall player. But, for now, multiple sources are in agreement that Texas is in good position to eventually flip Moore from the Tigers. A final decision will be made before his senior season after he officially visits Texas, LSU, Ohio State, and Oregon.

Texas still trending for in-state OL?

I've considered changing my Crystal Ball prediction for three-star interior lineman Tyler Thomas over the last couple of months. I placed a prediction for the Longhorns last summer after the Dickinson lineman said he was leaning towards UT. After speaking with Thomas following his visit to campus on Saturday, I'm going to keep my prediction in place, at least for now. He's going to decide between Texas, Texas A&M, and LSU. The Longhorns would take the 6-foot-4.5, 317-pounder, Horns247 is told. However, he's been pretty steadfast that he's not going to make a decision until after his summer official visit slate, so by then could things change? Sure. For now, I'm still predicting Texas. 

New Texas CB target Aidan Anding at Saturday's Longhorn City Limits. (Photo: Hank South, 247Sports)

You can consider this new DB offer a top target

A few weeks ago Texas extended an offer to three-star cornerback Aidan Anding. Don't let the rating confuse you, the Ruston (La.) could be one of the better defensive back prospects in the Southeast once he breaks onto the scene a little bit more. He recently won DB MVP honors at Under Armour Dallas. He's still relatively new to football. Anding also competes in track and basketball. Anding told Horns247 he has a top three of Texas, Arkansas, and Miami. The Longhorns got an official visit locked in for June 21-23. There's optimism speaking with sources about where UT stands for the Bayou State product at this point in time.

Texas making major push for out-of-state defensive lineman

He wasn't on campus this past weekend, but he did spend the entire weekend prior on the Forty Acres. That's four-star defensive lineman Josiah Sharma. The one-time Washington commit is high atop Texas' wish list along the defensive front, and there's cautious optimism about where UT stands at this point in time. The Folsom (Calif.) product will return to campus June 7 for an official visit. Look for Texas to try and make a big push to add him to the fold. You can't count out Alabama. Sharma was committed to Kalen DeBoer's Huskies and de-committed when he took the job at Alabama. He's since visited Tuscaloosa as well and has a former teammate in Austin Mack on the roster. Still, Texas is going to make this one interesting.

Devin (left) and Jordan Coleman at Texas this past Saturday. (Photo: Hank South, 247Sports)
Inching closer to Crystal Ball forecasting the Coleman Brothers to Texas

Texas loves the Cedar Hill duo, who actually are triplets, but only Jordan and Devin hold offers from the Longhorns. And the feeling is mutual. Both spent time on campus this past weekend, with Devin now officially holding an offer. Jordan was offered by Kyle Flood and staff earlier in his recruitment. The Coleman brothers have a handful of upcoming visits and are coveted by many high-level programs, like Oklahoma and Florida, but sources like Texas' position at this juncture for what would be a big — literally and figuratively — pickup in the trenches.

Texas keeping Katy Paetow defensive lineman Carmello Brooks on warm

Former Texas defensive line coach Bo Davis offered three-star defensive lineman Carmello Brooks prior to leaving for Baton Rouge. While there's still certainly interest in the 6-foot-3, 250-pounder, there's not a push being made by the Longhorns at this point in time. I report this because Brooks is looking at potentially making a decision on April 27. I believe it's more likely you see him commit to a program like Houston or even Duke or Cal, considering he wants to go to medical school. A really nice player perhaps Texas tries to circle back on later. But for now, expect him to go elsewhere.

2026 QB Troy Huhn on his third visit to Texas. (Photo: Hank South, 247Sports)
Texas trending for rising 2026 QB early

He's not looking at making a decision now, because he wants to do his due diligence and make sure he's set before making anything official, but I like where the Longhorns are standing with 2026 quarterback Troy Huhn after his third visit to Austin this past weekend. The 6-foot-6 signal caller loves the development aspect at Texas, referencing the fact that Trey Owens is already a benefactor of learning from Steve Sarkisian and AJ Milwee, among others. It was around this time last year that the Longhorns started picking up steam for 2025 quarterback KJ Lacey. Perhaps we see the same trajectory here? Time will tell. I like Texas, though. 

Like my Crystal Ball pick even more for Kelshaun Johnson

All the buzz was around Moore and Ffrench, but Johnson was feeling the love on Saturday as well. The Hitchcock product has considered committing to Texas on a couple of occasions, and I think you can add that urge once again this past weekend. He's stayed pretty consistent with wanting to wait until after official visits, though. I think Texas remains ahead of USC for the talented athlete.

Keep an eye on Chace Sims

Texas is very high on the Richmond Randle product. He was one of new defensive line coach Kenny Baker's first offers after taking the job. Sims enjoyed his visit, as did the Longhorns staff having him on campus. 

Texas RB target Jordon Davison on a visit to Austin back in January. (Photo: Tommy Yarrish, 247Sports)
Texas still very involved for elite running back Jordon Davison

With Ohio State recently hiring Oregon's Carlos Locklyn as running backs coach, there's been a flurry of buzz and even some predictions in favor of the Buckeyes to land four-star Mater Dei running back Jordon Davison. Up until this point, the almost consensus belief was that Davison would end up in Austin. I'm not sold on the Buckeyes having overtaken the Longhorns just. As sources have relayed to us, there's a long way to go and getting Davison back on campus this past weekend was a step in the right direction. One source said the trip went great and Davison is expected back for a June official visit, a date of which has not yet been set. I'm going to stay put on my Crystal Ball prediction in favor of Texas for now. 

• Hook 'Em 7

4 hours ago, hobbs said:

Meh, doesn't get touched much, so no YAC...do not want.

I couldn't put my finger on why he looked like he wasn't fast, yet was outrunning everyone, until I finally figured it out. He runs really flat footed, not like a track guy would. It actually makes for a big advantage in bad weather. He is the dude you want to trot out in the rain or snow. His running style reminds me a bit of Ramonce Taylor, but without the extra gear. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/7/2024 at 2:05 PM, closetojumping said:

Tony Jeffery/Jefferies/? was also in that class couched by Rivals as an ATH but recruited the whole by Texas as a WR, if memory serves. It was a beast of a class on the WR end. 

Jeffery is right. I was a coach for a little league football team and had him for 4 years. He was the best player on the team by far and on the short list of best player in the league. I started talking up Texas to him early.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

On 4/7/2024 at 12:59 PM, Hornius Emeritus said:

So a quartet of Moore, Kelshaun Johnson, Ffrench and Lockett is possible?

Would that be the greatest WR class in history? 

On 4/7/2024 at 1:51 PM, Hornius Emeritus said:

Screenshot2024-04-08at3_58_02PM.thumb.png.453d70b2235fa02e9aefc8ea4142be52.png

I think the 2017 Bama class of Ruggs, DaVonta Smith, and Jeudy (ranked 1,3, & 5) might be the best ever. 

They went #10, #12, and #15 overall in the 2020 NFL Draft.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

I couldn't put my finger on why he looked like he wasn't fast, yet was outrunning everyone, until I finally figured it out. He runs really flat footed, not like a track guy would. It actually makes for a big advantage in bad weather. He is the dude you want to trot out in the rain or snow. His running style reminds me a bit of Ramonce Taylor, but without the extra gear. 

His mutha was a mudda. 

• Hook 'Em 1