Formula 1 2022

Anton Chigurh

2 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I may actually be a bigger Zak Brown fan than either driver. Really likable and down to earth in my eyes. And I really like DR.

Lando? He's ok. There's just something about him that just rubs me the wrong way a little bit. Can't quite put my finger on it. But if I had to pick a team that I most wanted to win, it would be McLaren right now. 

Lando and George have the same issue.  I like both of them OK, but there's just something there that bothers me with both of them.  And I couldn't tell you exactly what it is.  Maybe it's just youth, I dunno, but I don't get the same vibe from Gasly or Leclerc.  Maybe it's being British?

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Pffft. That's dumb. It's racing. It's about going as fast as you can. Who cares about brakes?

"I'm not cutting the corners to gain an advantage, I'm doing it to cool my brakes."

"Sounds good, proceed."

And this Masi whining from Mercedes fans will never not be funny. Verstappen could have cruised to a 2nd place finish at Abu Dhabi to wrap up the WDC by tiebreaker if Masi hadn't let Hamilton blatantly leave the track for 30 straight laps at Bahrain turn 4. Once Verstappen announced he was going to do it every time also suddenly Masi said nobody can do that anymore. Masi was equal opportunity incompetent. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I may actually be a bigger Zak Brown fan than either driver. Really likable and down to earth in my eyes. And I really like DR.

Lando? He's ok. There's just something about him that just rubs me the wrong way a little bit. Can't quite put my finger on it. But if I had to pick a team that I most wanted to win, it would be McLaren right now. 

Lando is a bit of a different dude. He isn't made in a lab like George, he actually has personality (see his Twitch streams), he isn't afraid to say shit like what he said about not feeling sorry for Danny (doubt George would say that)

I think Lando is super likable personally.

i love Danny Ric, but yeah Zak Brown is great!

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

I like Lando but he does come off a bit whiny on the radio and in some interviews. 

George just looks like a robot wearing a skin mask. 

robots_skin_1.jpg

I will not race Lewis close. I will not race Lewis close. Toto. Toto. Malfunction. Toto this is so not right!

18 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

I like Lando but he does come off a bit whiny on the radio and in some interviews. 

George just looks like a robot wearing a skin mask. 

Lando always comes across as annoyed with his engineer to me. I'm sure every engineer wishes they had Daniel. Doesn't say much and just puts his head down and sends it. 

50 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Bahrain is Bahrain at this point but I’m afraid Danny is going to start out slow again this year, hopefully not. I think I read Lando has 200 testing laps more than Danny. 

40 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Lando always comes across as annoyed with his engineer to me. I'm sure every engineer wishes they had Daniel. Doesn't say much and just puts his head down and sends it. 

His persona during between lights out and checkered flag is 180 degrees different than out of the car. Seems like every response to anything he's told is "Understood."

8 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

His persona during between lights out and checkered flag is 180 degrees different than out of the car. Seems like every response to anything he's told is "Understood."

I heard an interview with him that he doesn't want to sound like a whiner like some of the other drivers, so that's intentional.

If y'all thought McLaren's livery was bad before, just wait till you see it now after their new sponsorship deal with the Android logo and Google Chrome rim covers. I was finally starting to come around on the original livery a little bit but it's just too much for me to get over now

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

If y'all thought McLaren's livery was bad before, just wait till you see it now after their new sponsorship deal with the Android logo and Google Chrome rim covers. I was finally starting to come around on the original livery a little bit but it's just too much for me to get over now

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

It’s the Idiocracy of liveries.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/has-netflix-gone-too-far-with-creative-licence-in-formula-1/9011475/

Season 4 of the Netflix docu-series became available to the public last Friday, amidst the second F1 2022 test in Bahrain, recapping one of the most dramatic and controversial seasons in recent grand prix history.

But more than ever, it felt like fans were cottoning on to the subtle edits or changes in timeline which, while required to aid dramatic effect, left many frustrated or disappointed with what they were watching.

It was for that same reason Max Verstappen revealed last October that he had refused to take part in the most recent season, saying rivalries had been “faked”. As we noted in our review, the absence of the world champion does set the fourth season back a bit.

I had forgotten that Max told Netflix to fuck off. Always rated Max.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/has-netflix-gone-too-far-with-creative-licence-in-formula-1/9011475/
Season 4 of the Netflix docu-series became available to the public last Friday, amidst the second F1 2022 test in Bahrain, recapping one of the most dramatic and controversial seasons in recent grand prix history.
But more than ever, it felt like fans were cottoning on to the subtle edits or changes in timeline which, while required to aid dramatic effect, left many frustrated or disappointed with what they were watching.
It was for that same reason Max Verstappen revealed last October that he had refused to take part in the most recent season, saying rivalries had been “faked”. As we noted in our review, the absence of the world champion does set the fourth season back a bit.

He’s not wrong. All those docuseries fake stuff to increase the drama.
  • Hook 'Em 1

He’s not wrong. All those docuseries fake stuff to increase the drama.

Which sucks, because the off track, stuff is interesting, but not the drama part. Show us the racing, the pits, the engineers, etc. NFL films didn’t get into the drama too much. They showed the games in dramatic fashion, but still in order.

Watching the Williams episode last night and in one race, they had audio about quali and were showing the pre-race grid. Tires kept changing from shot to shot. I guess as a new or casual fan, you wouldn’t notice these things. It piles on to the show being unwatchable for me.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Goofyboy said:

Which sucks, because the off track, stuff is interesting, but not the drama part. Show us the racing, the pits, the engineers, etc. NFL films didn’t get into the drama too much. They showed the games in dramatic fashion, but still in order.

Watching the Williams episode last night and in one race, they had audio about quali and were showing the pre-race grid. Tires kept changing from shot to shot. I guess as a new or casual fan, you wouldn’t notice these things. It piles on to the show being unwatchable for me.

Yeah during some qualifying stuff, they made a comment about "Now it's Tsunoda's turn on the track to see what time he can post" as if they all went out individually. Also at one point shows Gasly getting into the car when talking about Yuki. And yes, tires change constantly. 

12 hours ago, ConferenceRoom said:

It’s the Idiocracy of liveries.

94njztjz1tn81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I'm rooting for you McLaren, but you have a clown car.

Who was the person that said they liked the livery? 

1 minute ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

The guy you just quoted. 

In my defense, I liked the original version. Then they added more black which I didn't like. Then they did this which has entered meme territory. 

4 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

The guy you just quoted. 

In my defense, I liked the original version. Then they added more black which I didn't like. Then they did this which has entered meme territory. 

Seriously. They only need to add a horn that goes "wocka wocka"

56 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Yeah during some qualifying stuff, they made a comment about "Now it's Tsunoda's turn on the track to see what time he can post" as if they all went out individually. Also at one point shows Gasly getting into the car when talking about Yuki. And yes, tires change constantly. 

I swear they made up some announcer audio for some of the sequences. It sounds like they use Crofty when it suits the story but they sub in someone else a lot. I don’t know if that other voice is a real announcer from another network or what, but it sounds manufactured to me. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I swear they made up some announcer audio for some of the sequences. It sounds like they use Crofty when it suits the story but they sub in someone else a lot. I don’t know if that other voice is a real announcer from another network or what, but it sounds manufactured to me. 

I was reading on one of the reddit threads that they have a "fake" commentator providing commentary after the fact. It's apparently super obvious because this commentator will be following a driver at the back of the grid for the entire race building up to something noteworthy, when live commentators would have no business following that particular driver. The same with mentioning something about tires right before a puncture. 

I get it. The show isn't intended for me as someone that has been following the sport for years and years. It's intended to bring in new eyeballs and they feel that they have to use parlor tricks to spice things up and grab that audience's attention. But it sure would be nice to have something for the diehards that is accessible and has elite level production that documented a season from all perspectives.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Man, for a team with such great base colors on their car it’s actually impressive they made it look this ugly. It would be hard to do if you tried. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Man, for a team with such great base colors on their car it’s actually impressive they made it look this ugly. It would be hard to do if you tried. 

It really is amazingly bad. They had some amazing looking cars in the past. Hopefully it some how will look better on race day or they are just fucking with us
  • Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Yeah, they have to use the fake announcer for the track shots. He's the equivalent of Buxton setting the scene in the studio shots. For instance, watched the Tsunoda/Ocon episode yesterday. There's no way that real announcing team would say something like "Ocon takes first place and Tsunoda comes in fifth" and not mention the other finishers -- especially when Tsunoda finished sixth but then was bumped up due to Vettel's fuel issue. 

Having that fake announcer allows them to have driver/team-centric episodes when the real broadcast isn't going to mention hardly anything about Haas or Williams' race.