Happy 24th

InkaUtexas

7 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Merry Christmas, Inka. Sorry to hear about your stepmom.

Thanks my man. We knew it was coming, just love seeing how Dad is responding. And I love that I got to spend tonight with him. Tomorrow there will be three generations of our family having dinner together. That alone is a wonderful present for Christmas.

Hell, the rest of the year I have you Surly bastards (and the ladies) to spend with. Gifts that keep on giving. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, RPM said:

The best presents are the ones that didn't come from a store.

Says the kid who never went to Toys R Us.

Merry Christmas, Inka, and to the rest of you magnificent assholes. I’m in the third year of post-divorce holiday rotations, and am thankful for simply being with my kids on Christmas.

• Hook 'Em 7

4 hours ago, South Austin said:

Says the kid who never went to Toys R Us.

Merry Christmas, Inka, and to the rest of you magnificent assholes. I’m in the third year of post-divorce holiday rotations, and am thankful for simply being with my kids on Christmas.

Thanks man! Hug em and teach them aggy is evil and OU sux. 

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

This has been great holiday week so far. Seen everyone I care about, and more to come this evening and tomorrow.

And that is what matters. Oddly, with the family situation we all decided to just get together tonight except my daughter who is with her mom. 

Hell, we even sat at my dad's house before the funeral with the Urn in front of us and all had a beer before heading to the funeral. Last beer we all had with her physical presence. mental will always be with us! 

4 minutes ago, Bigbend1812 said:

Inka -  sorry for your loss.   everyone enjoy the holidays, your family and friends.   🤘. Time is a bitch. 

Thanks man. Like I said Fuck Cancer. We knew it was coming, we were just hoping it would be after the holidays. That woman loved Christmas about as much as she loved the Cubs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Merry Christmas, you Surly Bastards.  I don't post much, but I do enjoy ya'lls company every day...well, most of you anyway.  Inka, sorry about your stepmom.  I lost my mom 10 years ago about a week before Christmas.  Glad you seem to be handling it well, and your family's going to be together over Christmas.  Here's something to help put everyone in the mood...Christmas mood, that is:

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, 83Horn said:

Merry Christmas, you Surly Bastards.  I don't post much, but I do enjoy ya'lls company every day...well, most of you anyway.  Inka, sorry about your stepmom.  I lost my mom 10 years ago about a week before Christmas.  Glad you seem to be handling it well, and your family's going to be together over Christmas.  Here's something to help put everyone in the mood...Christmas mood, that is:

Man, thank you so much! We all just listened to it while sipping a nice Glenfiddich. 

Be blessed and thank you all! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Merry Christmas Inka. How old was Stepmom and how did she pass?

I feel oddly in the Christmas spirit. Much more so than ever before. Glad you got to spend that time with him. 

68 and it was her second bout of all types of cancer. She beat it once, but it came back and there was really nothing anyone could do. 

Yeah, we had a great evening. Was nice to have Dad and Son in the same room that was not an ICU or the Veteran's Cemetery in Dallas. 

Hope all had a great evening. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 83Horn said:

Wish I could pos rep this more than once. Thanks for posting.

• Hook 'Em 3

Alright, so a fun update we are into our second bottle of scotch. A gorgeous friend of mine was orphaned tonight and had no where to go and came over. She is now singing to my dad who is pretty drunk, crying, and having a great Christmas. I guess we have started a new tradition! I am just sitting back watching the Old Colonel have a sad, happy and great night. Glad we are all together. 

Was a great Christmas and not over yet. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

68 and it was her second bout of all types of cancer. She beat it once, but it came back and there was really nothing anyone could do. 

Yeah, we had a great evening. Was nice to have Dad and Son in the same room that was not an ICU or the Veteran's Cemetery in Dallas. 

Hope all had a great evening. 

I’m sorry to hear that. Same thing happened to my mom at 47. Very cool to celebrate with your dad and kids. Merry Christmas.