Things not going well for Boris Johnson

bolverk

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Clap Reaction GIF

Hugh Grant will still go down as one of the greatest dumbasses to ever dumbass (save me the "no matter how hot she is, someone is tired of her shit" shit), but he is beginning to redeem himself with this.

Edited by HornOnTheBayou
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I understand why the UK left the EU but they economically crushed their country just to show up the other Euros. good job there.

I also understand why Coca Cola came out with New Coke. Doesn’t make it a good idea.

On 7/7/2022 at 2:49 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't believe there is an official backup like with the VP here. Feels like a flawed system in terms of an immediate vacancy due to death or immediate resignation. I assume the plan is that the party would recognize the immediate need of a replacement even if only temporary.

Google tells me that 7 PMs died in office, all between 1740 and 1865, with only 1 due to assassination. Guess that was an unhealthy time.

This is just the function of the parliamentary system. You’re voting for a party and not a person.  You generally know that the leader of the party will become PM but it doesn’t have to be that way, the winning party can select who they want. And the PM doesn’t have quite the executive powers the U.S. president has and isn’t a perfect analogy. 

The Queen would select an interim PM in consultation with the party leaders and advisors— likely the Foreign or Home Secretary , or Exchequer. And the party would select the next long-term PM to serve till elections. 

Boris’ resignation is not due to law or political pressure, so how it is ultimately managed is a negotiated process within the upper ranks of the Conservative party. 

• 11 months later...
8 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

What an absurd looking person

I found it impossible to evaluate that clip as anything other than a spoof. I wonder if anyone has ever taken that guy seriously about, well anything really.