2022 Beijing Winter Olympics

shadow_operative2.0

3 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i mean if the suits 'have been an issue' for the entire season, perhaps y'all should have changed them?

2020180043_tenor(11).gif.7482fab1fac4d18110ebb88d45526c85.gif

also, 'this is how you destroy nations'? come on, Germany...

348840870_200(6).gif.d7cd67fa6a0511e70f34be9675463f04.gif

From what I understand is they had been wearing them and they never failed inspection. Even during these games. 

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

why is her mom wearing a full on ski helmet and goggles, lulz

Maybe she knew she was gonna screw up and didn't want to reveal her identity.

She's so good she could stillpull a medal or two out, but when you can't even ski 10 seconds of your favorite event, you have a long, long, long, road ahead of you.

And from that 3 minutes sit, I would think that she has nothing left mentally. I used to race and I don't know how you can come back from something like that quickly. Best thing you can do is get the hell out of there and go to the next event on the world cup circuit.

Edited by phdhorn

1 minute ago, XYZ said:

Maybe it’s the shitty chinese snow.

Yeah, apparently designed only to affect Americans. Those crafty Asian devils...

The giant popping sound I just heard was NBC's coverage of the event going up in smoke. LOL they've already cut to the desk. Maybe they can show old Cheers reruns instead of the women's slalom.

• Haha 1

The US used to suck at Winter Olympics simply because we just didn't have that many cold weather athletes or lifelong training. Then in the 90s and 00s we started winning tons of medals because we were cleaning up on all the then-new freestyle and X- games tyoe sports. But now the rest of the world has more than caught up to the Americans although they have the largest team there by far. We'll still probably finish somewhere in the top five but I would think Norway or Germany will get the most. Sweden's had a great start although I don't know how much longer they can keep up their pace.

Edited by phdhorn

16 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

The US used to suck at Winter Olympics simply because we just didn't have that many cold weather athletes or lifelong training. Then in the 90s and 00s we started winning tons of medals because we were cleaning up on all the then-new freestyle and X- games tyoe sports. But now the rest of the world has more than caught up to the Americans although they have the largest team there by far. We'll still probably finish somewhere in the top five but I would think Norway or Germany will get the most. Sweden's had a great start although I don't know how much longer they can keep up their pace.

It’s because we are cheap and pay nothing so our people go compete for other countries that actually pay.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Was the half pipe fucked up like everything else or do the women normally get no air?  Cause that’s terrible either way.  They are getting above the lip like once maybe twice?  

That's the way women normally are on the half pipe

On the broadcast, it was mentioned how great the facility was

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Aleemay said:

That's the way women normally are on the half pipe

On the broadcast, it was mentioned how great the facility was

Yea I was at bar so no volume but if that’s how it is always…..   That’s bad, they only do one maybe two, then never above the lip again, just a huge difference from the men.   I guess wight is a huge difference?

Edited by Hook1997

I was so happy to see Lindsey crush it. I can’t imagine having every conversation about my career always go back to a dumb thing I did almost two decades earlier when I was a kid.

I stayed up to watch her races and I am glad I did. I almost cheered as much for her as I did when VY scored his last TD for the Horns.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Longhorn Fever said:

I was so happy to see Lindsey crush it. I can’t imagine having every conversation about my career always go back to a dumb thing I did almost two decades earlier when I was a kid.

I stayed up to watch her races and I am glad I did. I almost cheered as much for her as I did when VY scored his last TD for the Horns.

That look on her face when she was tucking across the finish line was awesome. I could easily not watch another second of the Olympics after that. Walk off grand slam. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Shocking news! The Russians may have been caught cheating again: https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/33249419/team-figure-skating-medal-ceremony-beijing-olympics-delayed-legal-issue

The winners in the team figure skating competition at the Beijing Olympics still have not received their medals, with reports saying the delay has been caused by a positive drug test from one member of the gold-winning Russian team.

For clarity this isn't COVID - it's for doping. 

Again.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Weird. I thought banning Russia from the Olympics yet allowing their athletes to compete under the banner of the Russian Olympic committee would have a put an end to all of this. The plan seemed foolproof, but I guess its back to the drawing board. Might I recommend the use of the pinky swear in 2026?

Well, there's the last weapon left - but of course no one wants to ever resort to using it - it's just too terrible to even think about.

Time to put ROC on Double-SECRET probation!

hqdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

6 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

You mean the 15 year old girl doing unprecedented quads with ease may have been doping? Impossible 

Positive for trimetazidine. Info on why it's banned:

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/sports/beijing-winter-olympics/what-is-trimetazidine-and-why-is-it-banned-in-the-winter-olympics-and-other-sports/3544083/

tl;dr version:

"According to knowledge of the pharmacology and mechanism of TMZ action, TMZ can be used by athletes to improve physical efficiency, especially in the case of endurance sports," scientists wrote in a 2014 paper on abuse of the drug by Polish athletes.

But wait, it gets "complicated":

https://news.yahoo.com/mystery-delay-figure-skating-medals-115958721.html

But Valieva’s age is a complicating factor because, under WADA rules, she is considered a “protected person” as she is under 16, which means that she cannot be held responsible for substances found in her doping samples and should not even be publicly named as a suspect.

They gonna get away with it, aren't they?

Edited by The Dog
  • Like 1