Buck's Barbeque Co.

ChampKind

If I was from Australia and you tried to take me to Galveston I would probably stop being friends with you. 
I agree, but as I noted in my post, he's from Austin. He knows what he's getting into, we used to go to the beach together as kids. Texas beaches. Which obviously don't compare. That said, your dick doesn't shrivel in the gulf and we don't have Box Jellyfish that can kill you. Or Great Whites.

So a loss on beauty, a win on usability.

Having spent enough time at both, I'll take usability and visit beauty.

13 minutes ago, ChampKind said:

Yeah that meatloaf was pretty damned good. 25lbs of it out the door in an hour and a half.

So Champ, I realize it's a limited sample size, but so far how do you think that the locals and regulars are taking to your specials? How're the crowds?

2 hours ago, ChampKind said:

We’re busy from open to close. And the demand for our bbq is so high that I’m going to be forced to roll out more bbq options sooner rather than later. The word is out, and people don’t want to be patient for me to phase it in slowly.

This is terrific news. Hey, you were respectful to the loyal customers, but G-Town has been void of great BBQ. And your focus on a short time from order to food arrival doesn't hurt at all. As I said to you, the Island Time culture is pervasive here, and this will stand out as a breath of fresh saltwater air, especially for those UTMB folks who punch time clock for lunch.

We’re busy from open to close. And the demand for our bbq is so high that I’m going to be forced to roll out more bbq options sooner rather than later. The word is out, and people don’t want to be patient for me to phase it in slowly.

This is good news.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ChampKind said:

I’m shocked, SHOCKED i tell ya. 

I seriously love watching this thread, a man who loves his craft, doing things the right way, facing adversity and staring down hurricanes and shit, just fucking cooking BBQ that makes people happy. /nohomodoyourthingchamp. 

I haven't been to galveston in two decades but might consider it only to work in a pit stop at Bucks. 

• Like 7

I seriously love watching this thread, a man who loves his craft, doing things the right way, facing adversity and staring down hurricanes and shit, just fucking cooking BBQ that makes people happy. /nohomodoyourthingchamp. 

I haven't been to galveston in two decades but might consider it only to work in a pit stop at Bucks. 

Thank you for that. I’m fortunate to that I was able to turn my passion into a profession
  • Like 1

On 6/8/2019 at 5:38 PM, thunderlounge said:

Nice. Thanks, I’m thinking of doing one up for the ol homestead since you’re so far away. 

I have done them in cast iron on a smoker, works great.

I was doing smoked burgers at Pappa Charlies 5 years ago. So yes, I got permission

Funny thing about having been around for a minute. Folks think they’re inventing shit that was already invented. And not saying I invented the smoked burger. More a general comment

I was doing smoked burgers at Pappa Charlies 5 years ago. So yes, I got permission

Funny thing about having been around for a minute. Folks think they’re inventing shit that was already invented. And not saying I invented the smoked burger. More a general comment