Star Wars - Ahsoka

UT_OB1

On 10/4/2023 at 11:23 AM, CooterBrown said:

Liev Schreiber is being thrown around by nerds as a possible replacement. Solid actor that looks like Ray and he’s the same height (6’3”).

fabfd90b8b7d73d50dfb639b1cb56e88.jpg

Off the top of my head, Schrieber is the only actor that could pull it off. 

He’s in the Disney Family via Deadpool 3/Sabertooth right?

• Like 2

I enjoyed the finale. It wasn’t perfect, but it largely worked. Thrawn isn’t going to get his hands dirty unless he absolutely has to. 

Sets up a very interesting Season 2 if they can nail recasting Baylan. 

Spoiler

I’m convinced they’ll find a way in the WBW to find a way back to their galaxy.

There’s nothing special about the place- all it takes is a hyperdrive and the coordinates. The coordinates are on the hyperdrive ring attached to thrawn’s star destroyer…

Right and technically if Huyang was doing his job, he should have been charting the path.

So they just need to repair her ship or snag a new one somewhere close by and then take a longer trip back home. Way behind Thrawn tho

49 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

Right and technically if Huyang was doing his job, he should have been charting the path.

So they just need to repair her ship or snag a new one somewhere close by and then take a longer trip back home. Way behind Thrawn tho

Good point on Huyang/Ahsoka’s ship logging their trip. I don’t think they’ll immediately leave Peridea. There’s Mortis plus they need to resolve Baylan and Shin’s stories. 

Hera will also know exactly where Thrawn will appear when he exits hyperspace, Seatos. She should have the fleet and Ezra with her. 

17 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Hera will also know exactly where Thrawn will appear when he exits hyperspace, Seatos. She should have the fleet and Ezra with her. 

Well since Ezra hitched a ride back with Thrawn and then somehow off screen escaped and made his way back to Hera, it's a little late for that.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

Well since Ezra hitched a ride back with Thrawn and then somehow off screen escaped and made his way back to Hera, it's a little late for that.  

Was gonna say, they already came out of hyperspace. At Dathomir 

On 10/4/2023 at 7:22 PM, Michael Knight said:

I just saw the description of this video, and it's perfection.

"It’s 1986. You’re sitting eagerly in front of the television in your Max Reebo pajamas, sneaking a bowl of C3P0s because you didn’t finish your TV dinner and you’re still hungry. Tonight is a big night and you need the energy. After Webster is over, a new Star Wars show is premiering. Book of Boba Fett was okay, but after Return of the Jedi, you only want one thing: more space magic. Your Dad walks in and tries to change it to The A-Team, but you will not be deterred. You tell him a new show is starting and it’s all about hot ladies who kick ass. You easily win him over. It’s almost time now."

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

You tell him a new show is starting and it’s all about hot ladies who kick ass, and one of them has DAT ASS. You easily win him over. It’s almost time now."

FIFY, because we all know that’s how you would have sold the show to 1980s dad. 

spacer.png

Edited by Dutch
  • Drool 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Sounds like an Iger/Disney move.

I don't think so considering Ahsoka was under Book of Boba Fett, Obi Wan, and Mando as far as total ratings. Iger wants to streamline more Disney+ content. If anything, it comes from a creative standpoint which speaks to KK wanting him to take more control since things went well with Ahsoka from a storytelling and world building perspective. That said, he needs to hire writers on par with Tony Gilroy. I enjoyed Ahsoka but the dialogue was pretty wooden at times. Much like how Filoni's master would write something. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1

Without her there is no Filoni or Favreau series. Without her Andor doesn't get made. Iger's accelerated MCU-like timeline didn't help the sequels be less shitty. His timeline also destroyed Solo since it couldn't be pushed back to improve the film. You can fault her for not getting Filoni onboard faster to make the sequels less shitty. But she certainly helped get a lot of great stuff made and helped Rogue One be a better movie than what Gareth Edwards was going to bring. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finished this today.    I just don't get it.

Sabine is a whiny bitch who missed her friend so much that she fucked up everything to go visit him?   In the proces, she let loose an incredible danger to the New Republic.  Sure, for the fan boys, it's more Star Wars and from that perspective it was entertaining.  But that single premise, that Sabine wanted to find Ezra at the cost of pretty much everything else is.... weak.

I have always had a problem with the redeemed Anakin character, even from the (Lucas enhanced) original trilogy.   Anakin's turn to the dark side, the slaying of all the younglings and executing Order 66, then becoming Darth Vader and all the evil that he perpetrated is someone undone by helping Luke against the Emperor in ROTJ.   And he indirectly had a hand in Ben Solo's metamorphis into Kylo Ren's.   Redemption my ass. 

And yet, I'll probably watch Season 2 because....   Star Wars.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...