Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Inthink our early 90s New Yorker had them. Or they were one of the first ones with electric. The talking computer telling us the door is ajar was cutting edge

My Grandpa retired in the early 80’s and one of his parting gifts was a new Oldsmobile 4 door, big sedan. Power windows. Can’t recall the specific model. 

• Like 1

My dad (b 1933, d 2021) never trusted electric windows (“one more thing to break”).  He resisted them as long as he could. I think his first vehicle with them was a mid-2000s model. 
He also strongly favored stick shift vehicles. I agree with him on that. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

It does and they're fucking ridiculously proud out of it.  My wife has a lot of family in the Kansas City metro area.  And every time we go, they have to take us to the next biggest and bestest BBQ in the whole world!  And invariably, it's the same sweet sauce soaked mediocre attempt at ribs and chicken usually.  They can't do a fucking brisket or sausage to save their life.  Everything comes with french fries and sweet baked beans which is just fucking odd to me.  It's not bad by any means, but it's just a heaping plate of incorrectly done foodstuffs.  Anytime anyone comes to visit us, I get the barbecue myself or smoke it myself and every single time it's this shocked polite attempt at something like, "Oh, this is different than we have back home.  Interesting."  It's this half-condescending but half "Oh shit, he's right...our stuff sucks compared to this" food review.  

They don't even serve pickles with their shit up there.  You have to ask for it, and half of 'em don't have any except the cheap canned ones they put on the kid's menu burger.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, PvilleStang said:

Delicious KC BBQ, does it even exist?  You know the best part about Kansas City?  When your layover flight takes off.

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

It does and they're fucking ridiculously proud out of it.  My wife has a lot of family in the Kansas City metro area.  And every time we go, they have to take us to the next biggest and bestest BBQ in the whole world!  And invariably, it's the same sweet sauce soaked mediocre attempt at ribs and chicken usually.  They can't do a fucking brisket or sausage to save their life.  Everything comes with french fries and sweet baked beans which is just fucking odd to me.  It's not bad by any means, but it's just a heaping plate of incorrectly done foodstuffs.  Anytime anyone comes to visit us, I get the barbecue myself or smoke it myself and every single time it's this shocked polite attempt at something like, "Oh, this is different than we have back home.  Interesting."  It's this half-condescending but half "Oh shit, he's right...our stuff sucks compared to this" food review.  

They don't even serve pickles with their shit up there.  You have to ask for it, and half of 'em don't have any except the cheap canned ones they put on the kid's menu burger.

Both of these. No doubt. 

I’ve had to suffer through similar there. And right on cue, I’ve had to use my,  “That cow didn’t deserve to die for that”, response just about every time.

Exceptions? When it’s not beef. Never had good brisket in MO. Anywhere. Not even decent. 

Always the same; dried out, paper thin, tough as shit.

I’d rather eat Dickey’s, and it really sucks. 

• Hook 'Em 4