Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Had a buddy who drove an 86 Celica with a busted starter.  We just always made sure to park it on an incline to make popping the clutch easy when we left.  Sometimes we had to park far away from our destination, but we did what we had to do.

I started my '71 Bug like that numerous times.

• Like 2

Had a buddy who drove an 86 Celica with a busted starter.  We just always made sure to park it on an incline to make popping the clutch easy when we left.  Sometimes we had to park far away from our destination, but we did what we had to do.

I had a manual F150 with a bad starter for over a year. I could afford to get it fixed, but I didn’t out of sheer laziness. I had to park on hills and inclines wherever I went. It was no big deal at all. It also had manual windows. I loved that truck.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mother mopar said:
4 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:
Who the hell had manual windows in the 90s?

Still got them and they always work.

1 hour ago, Hate said:

I had a manual F150 with a bad starter for over a year. I could afford to get it fixed, but I didn’t out of sheer laziness. I had to park on hills and inclines wherever I went. It was no big deal at all. It also had manual windows. I loved that truck.

Had an (auto) f150 from high school that I had just replaced alternator on, but it still died on me at a red light coming in to austin near the airport at night. Sat through a light cycle. Big dodge was going to run the red light and plowed in to me doing 55 plus. Pushed me through the intersection and in to the ditch on the other side of the road.

Truck was on fire, doors were stuck, but the manual windows still worked. Entire truck was engulfed within about 60 seconds of being hit. To this day I’m still nervous now that I’ve upgraded to automatic windows. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

Had an (auto) f150 from high school that I had just replaced alternator on, but it still died on me at a red light coming in to austin near the airport at night. Sat through a light cycle. Big dodge was going to run the red light and plowed in to me doing 55 plus. Pushed me through the intersection and in to the ditch on the other side of the road.

Truck was on fire, doors were stuck, but the manual windows still worked. Entire truck was engulfed within about 60 seconds of being hit. To this day I’m still nervous now that I’ve upgraded to automatic windows. 

MorTime 6 Pack Car Safety Hammer Window Breaker, Car Emergency Escape Tool, Window Hammer Seat Belt Cutter https://a.co/d/0CPs5aHI’ve

serious though….

Episode 7 Wow GIF by Wrexham AFC

15 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Two people ought to easily be able to push an 86 Celica up to enough speed on flat land.  As long as neither had a uterus.

• Haha 1

That'll provide interesting trivia to the Linesmen who fish out the parts of blind that blow into overhead wires three miles away and the firemen who try not to laugh as they're administering first aid to the dipshits who fall out of that thing.  a 60 foot sail filled with high caliber rifles and alcohol.  What could possibly go wrong?