Texas at West Virginia @1pm on ESPN2

SDG

29 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

It probably was excessive. Brock kind of went through the opponent's face to get at the ball. I'll defer to @Pancho.

So Flagrant 1 seemed appropriate. Flagrant 2 is a joke and supports yet again what a travesty officiating in Morgantown consistently is. Already eight fouls on Texas and a baseless ejection.

Just watched it. F2 because of the hit on the head is probably how they justified it. Not sure if the mens rule is the same as womens but the terms “violent and/or severe” apply to F2 (disqualifying).

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Pancho said:

Just watched it. F2 because of the hit on the head is probably how they justified it. Not sure if the mens rule is the same as womens but the terms “violent and/or severe” apply to F2 (disqualifying).

Let me turn it around on you one more time: would you have called an F2 there or an F1?

I certainly agree that it was excessive and warranted something more than a common foul, but it seems harsh to eject a player for that.