Selection Sunday

Pancho

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Bilas just trashed Texas -- says if Refs allow freedom of movement no way Texas beats Va Tech.

Said Texas is more of a #11 seed than Vs Tech -- said flip seeds make Va Tech a #6 seed makes more sense...

The same VT team had to win their conference tournament to make the tournament. Yeah, fuck off Bilas.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Bilas is an idiot and sucks off the ACC. We might be playing like an 11 seed the last couple weeks but we have a 5/6 seed resume. 

Bilas jerks off to the ACC and hates Texas the way Finebaum jerks off to the SEC and hates Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

This isn't some great Duke team, it's young and the ACC is way down this year. Wouldn't be shocked if they go out in their 2nd game.

Duke is perpetually young since Kryzewski opened up to one and dones.

There is no great team in this tournament. 15 or so teams with real chances at winning it all. Duke is one of them. 

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Bilas is an idiot and sucks off the ACC. We might be playing like an 11 seed the last couple weeks but we have a 5/6 seed resume. 

Bilas point was more that Va Tech is not #11 seed, but I'm guessing he also believes Texas is more of a #7 or #8 seed. 

That's why Bilas joked about flipping their seeds making more sense than having Va Tech as a #11 seed.

He hates when freedom of movement is not called, and another commentator criticized Texas lack of scoring will allow Va Tech to win that matchup.

5 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Duke is perpetually young since Kryzewski opened up to one and dones.

There is no great team in this tournament. 15 or so teams with real chances at winning it all. Duke is one of them. 

That’s two different arguments. Duke can certainly win this tournament. They played like ass this past tournament. Virginia Tech played well but a lot of their late wins were against the bad side of the ACC. Their win against Duke this weekend doesn’t mean we are in trouble. Our offense might mean we are in trouble against anyone though. 

Edited by Dr. Teeth

1 minute ago, Dr. Teeth said:

That’s two different arguments. Duke can certainly win this tournament. They played like ass this past tournament. Virginia Tech played well but a lot of their late wins were against the bad side of the ACC. Their win against Duke this weekend doesn’t mean we are in trouble. Our offense might mean we are in trouble against anyone though. 

I don’t know who handles the assignment on Aluma. He’s a huge problem

1 minute ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Our offense might mean we are in trouble against anyone though. 

No argument there. Our offense is offensive. Couple that with stupid play all too often and no one should be surprised if we lose Friday.

Like I said the game will open at 2 or less. It's essentially a tossup because of the above reasons. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

On a negative note, Ivey and Williams might have career games against us in the second round. If not, then literally any of their guards will if we pack the post. 

I’m pulling a Nixon and declaring victory if we win the first round. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I’m sure cbs will feel

the sting of the 17 might ag basketball fan base 

CBS doesn't drive who makes it in.

They do have some impact on seedings, matchups and resulting ratings. When you're paying $11 billion for tournament rights that ratings thing can be important. 

19 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Bilas point was more that Va Tech is not #11 seed, but I'm guessing he also believes Texas is more of a #7 or #8 seed. 

That's why Bilas joked about flipping their seeds making more sense than having Va Tech as a #11 seed.

He hates when freedom of movement is not called, and another commentator criticized Texas lack of scoring will allow Va Tech to win that matchup.

The Big 12 is one of the worst at not calling freedom of movement. Carr's entire offense is predicated on him getting into the lane, the Big 12 was able to stop him for the most part because of the allowed hand checking. My guess is if he gets a couple early shots to fall, he's going to torch the VT guards.

This is what we get in Pittsburgh this weekend. It looks fun to me. We go to all the games, regardless of who is playing. When Duquesne has hosted at the arena the Penguins use it is always extremely well attended, with actual butts in the seats.

#5 Houston v #12 UAB

#4 Illinois v #13 Chattanooga

#7 Buckeyes v #10 Loyola-Chicago

#2 Villanova v #15 Delaware.

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Underdog said:

That time of the year where I have to hunt down where Tru TV is. 

If you don't have TRU TV

Fyi:  TRU TV has an app -- just use sign in password from friend/family that has them as part of their TV package...

Also apps available for TBS and TNT

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

So we are playing Virginia Tech huh?

I'm excited to find out the night before the game which one of our players is actually a 30 year old imposter.  With some of the lack of athleticism there are several good candidates.

Definitely Timmy lol