NIL Recruiting News Megathread

texifornia

• 2 weeks later...

https://twitter.com/JamesYoder/status/1626262494988607491?s=20

Justin Fields on Pardon My Take: “I was gonna stay at Georgia, but Ohio State boosters were offering me bags of cash to transfer. “I’m talking 300, 400 grand - in cash. Plus a Benz. And this was before NIL. “Back then, O-State pay more than any SEC school. Ryan Day a boss.”

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, Hook1997 said:

Justin Fields on Pardon My Take: “I was gonna stay at Georgia, but Ohio State boosters were offering me bags of cash to transfer. “I’m talking 300, 400 grand - in cash. Plus a Benz. And this was before NIL. “Back then, O-State pay more than any SEC school. Ryan Day a boss.”

Ummmmmmmmmm holy shit lol

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Oh No Reaction GIF by CBS

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.png.02c8506ea3453bb742a476879d04e3bd.png

Any idea what IT said about this?

They were talking about A&M's 12th man foundation + thing. They said it was basically a group connected to the university paying the players for promoting the university and the team. They wondered if the claims that people who donate can get points to improve their seating positions for tickets would make it against the rules. All in all they thought it was a good idea and great for A&M if it was not deemed against the rules.

starts here

Edited by Viper

1 minute ago, Viper said:

They were talking about A&M's 12th man foundation + thing. They said it was basically a group connected to the university paying the players for promoting the university and the team. They wondered if the claims that people who donate can get points to improve their seating positions for tickets would make it against the rules. All in all they thought it was a good idea and great for A&M if it was not deemed against the rules.

If it's not deemed against the rules then we should have no issues implementing that as well, correct? Or do we need to separate LHF from the university or basically make TexasOne essentially LHF +?

They claim they can do this bc they aren't housed under the athletic department and just have an "affiliation agreement" with the university. Seems like a bs distinction but it's all semantics anyway. They also claim they cleared it with the NCAA ahead of time.

If they do get away with it, seems like a big advantage for them since people are used to giving money to them and it counts towards seat points.

The NCAA will have shit to say. If they don’t, every other program out there including OneFund will have it implemented in a week. It’s a nothingburger of an advantage.

There’s a very real possibility that aTm managed to just fuck something up in the formation because they’re stupid fucking idiots, and that’s what they do. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Holy fuck 

• Haha 1

On 2/18/2023 at 7:51 AM, SydneyCarton said:

The NCAA will have shit to say. If they don’t, every other program out there including OneFund will have it implemented in a week. It’s a nothingburger of an advantage.

Has OneFund monthly enrollment improved much YTD or still shitty?

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

I mean OneFund has technically existed for only 3 months. Even if they’re crushing enrollment, which I don’t think is the case, it’s not enough to make a dent yet. The event Tuesday in Houston should be interesting if they float any numbers 

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean OneFund has technically existed for only 3 months. Even if they’re crushing enrollment, which I don’t think is the case, it’s not enough to make a dent yet. The event Tuesday in Houston should be interesting if they float any numbers 

I’m in presurgery prep starting Monday and can’t go, wish I could have seen what the first of its kind looks like. This thing really needs to have traction. 

On 2/19/2023 at 11:39 AM, Skipper said:

On 2/19/2023 at 12:52 PM, SydneyCarton said:

Just to follow-up here, it all depends upon what you consider "improved" or "making a dent" to be, because it's now trending towards half a million annually and that's with pretty much no hard selling. If the smaller-amount donor base eclipses $1M in annual subscriptions, to me, that's fucking rolling. I think we'll be there at some point during the football season.

A big part of that will be in-event (football games, etc.) advertising where a QR code is shown on the big screen, etc., and the pitch is made to help out in any way. Things like that plus ongoing dialogue and education play a big role. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Just to follow-up here, it all depends upon what you consider "improved" or "making a dent" to be, because it's now trending towards half a million annually and that's with pretty much no hard selling. If the smaller-amount donor base eclipses $1M in annual subscriptions, to me, that's fucking rolling. I think we'll be there at some point during the football season.

A big part of that will be in-event (football games, etc.) advertising where a QR code is shown on the big screen, etc., and the pitch is made to help out in any way. Things like that plus ongoing dialogue and education play a big role. 

"Cedric Baxter with the 80 yard touchdown!  Go donate to the Baxter NIL fund now by scanning the QR code and show your support... you drunk bastards".

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

On 2/17/2023 at 11:49 AM, Hook1997 said:

Genius at work.

$350 for 3 people on a 4 day cruise?  That can't cover anything other than being on the ship.  There have got to be a lot of fees to pay, plus the cost of food.  Even if the fees and food double the price, it's still pretty cheap.  Will there be any booze at all on a mormon ship?

• Like 1