Slow Horses

From what I've heard on some pods, they're going to do it as long as Oldman wants to do it. Apparently he likes making it so hopefully they get through the rest of the books.

That’s good news. Picked up the collection of novellas last week, so that will have to do until the next season or next book drops.

We did season 1 in the summer finished season 2 last night. I really like it but my wife loves it. They’re not breaking some new ground but it’s all done so well and Oldman holds it all together. I love Standish too. Just puttering around, getting shit done.

I was shocked to see the season 3 trailer at the end. I knew it was being filmed but didn’t know they were that far along. Lot of Spider in the trailer. I wonder if he gets bussed down to Slough House after his screw up. Lamb would tear him apart.

Bill Fairclough's Beyond Enkription in TheBurlingtonFiles series is the stuff memorable films are made of, raw, realistic yet punchy, pacy & provocative. It's a fact based book which follows the real life of a real spy, Bill Fairclough (MI6 codename JJ) aka Edward Burlington who worked for British Intelligence, the CIA et al. It's like nothing we have ever come across before ... and TheBurlingtonFiles website is as breathtaking as a compelling thriller. It’s a must read for espionage cognoscenti. See https://theburlingtonfiles.org.

• Fuck You 1

On 1/1/2023 at 2:19 PM, Hornius Emeritus said:

AWESOME FINALE.   I was wrong about David Cartwright. Can't wait for season 3.

Was it made clear who signed off on Katinsky's defection papers when he came to the UK? It couldn't have been Oldham/Jackson Lamb because he was in Eastern Europe. But his name appeared on the documents in Episode 5. 

Spoiler

Pretty sure it had to be Jonathan Pryce (Cartwright).

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure how I never heard of this show, but after learning about it a couple of weeks ago, I watched both seasons and I really dig it. As for Oldman, he's thinking about hanging it up after this series, so hopefully they get a few more seasons out of him

https://deadline.com/2022/11/gary-oldman-ready-to-retire-when-slow-horses-ends-appletv-1235177829/

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Going to see if I can get the wife to (re-)watch the first two seasons with me ahead of this.  She checked out early because she got disgusted with Oldman's character.  I tried to explain to her that "that's the point".

Edited by DDD Dad

13 minutes ago, Hornbeliever said:

Can't remember, do all episodes drop day one or is it weekly?

The first two episodes will premiere on Nov. 29, and the remaining four episodes will be released weekly on Wednesdays through Dec. 27. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I noticed they posted the 5th episode tonight for some reason, so we hopped on it. Great transition episode before the finale. The finale is going to be dope.

I finished the book a few weeks ago and was struggling a bit with the first few episodes, as they changed some of the characters and set ups. Now that they’re getting to basically the same end game, I’m locked in.

The lesson, as always, is to never read.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2023 at 11:20 PM, Stringer said:

I noticed they posted the 5th episode tonight for some reason, so we hopped on it. Great transition episode before the finale. The finale is going to be dope.

I finished the book a few weeks ago and was struggling a bit with the first few episodes, as they changed some of the characters and set ups. Now that they’re getting to basically the same end game, I’m locked in.

The lesson, as always, is to never read.

This season has been good but I think the finale is going to be a bit formulaic.