2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I don’t understand why Diaz isn’t leading off. I thought when you played for a regular you had to hit in their spot?

Dubon hitting 7th and that’s actually the appropriate spot for him probably. Woof. 
it’s Sunday before an off day where we lead the division by 12 games. Perfectly appropriate lineup, no complaints. 
I bet we win. 

Looks like I’m going to lose this bet and this lineup is as bad as it looked on paper. We’ve won a lot of games this year with suboptimal lineups. 

1 hour ago, UTexasFight said:

Not a surprise but Brantley sounds done for 2022.

click after ford asked him if he thinks he’ll back this year?

”umm. We hope so. But with each passing day, it looks more challenging.”

https://sportstalk790.iheart.com/content/2022-08-07-astros-gm-james-click-gives-update-on-michael-brantley

40 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

He’s gone from god to dog in recent games. Last 8 games before today (0/3) he’s slashing .172/.286/.207

Yeah but today was just unlucky. Before today it had been strikeouts and groundouts, or at least if felt like that

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

He’s gone from god to dog in recent games. Last 8 games before today (0/3) he’s slashing .172/.286/.207

Everytime he slumps I'm going to wonder if his hand is bothering him like before the all-star break.

He says he’s ready. He can stay at AAA for 13 more days ….

Major league pitchers are afforded a 30-day maximum on a minor league rehab assignment. McCullers’ first four starts have spanned 17 days, meaning there is room on his calendar for at least one more. Asked whether he expected to make another, McCullers made his stance clear.

“I don’t know. I don’t want to,” McCullers said after he departed the game. “Everyone has been great to me. I can’t say enough about the Sugar Land Space Cowboys. We have great guys in our Triple-A organization, and the coaching staff is amazing. But I feel like I’m healthy, and I want to get back and pitch with the Astros.”

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1