2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Is anyone coming up for the games?  I am trying to game plan on which ones to go to.

The Saturday game is a late afternoon game, which is better from a traveling to and from the Bronx perspective.  Tickets are about twice as expensive for the same sections as they were for the 2019 ALCS as of right now.  

If the Astros have a chance to win it in New York, I definitely want to be at that game, but I am not sure I want to drop 700+ per game (300-400, I absolutely would).  

Sigh.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Is anyone coming up for the games?  I am trying to game plan on which ones to go to.

The Saturday game is a late afternoon game, which is better from a traveling to and from the Bronx perspective.  Tickets are about twice as expensive for the same sections as they were for the 2019 ALCS as of right now.  

If the Astros have a chance to win it in New York, I definitely want to be at that game, but I am not sure I want to drop 700+ per game (300-400, I absolutely would).  

Sigh.

After Houston goes up 3-0 with a win Saturday, shouldn't Game 4 prices drop? 

10 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Still photos like this always fascinate and make for good viewing as the body language and facial expressions are priceless.  

Someone should find the guys on the right putting his hand out trying to catch the ball and beat em with an extension cord. 

Stupid fans like that piss me off, especially at home. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Still photos like this always fascinate and make for good viewing as the body language and facial expressions are priceless.  

The woman right behind Tucker is how you should be. All fans sitting on the front row should listen to a PSA before the game. 

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Sigh.

Gotta think game 5 market would tank if we split the first two with the Astros having a chance to clinch against Tallion on a Monday afternoon/early evening.

if Cole wins, guessing it’ll stay pretty strong with a chance to even things up with Cortes on the mound and on a Sunday night 

10 minutes ago, texashorne said:

The woman right behind Tucker is how you should be. All fans sitting on the front row should listen to a PSA before the game. 

They do

ushers talk to everyone before the game in those sections 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Sigh.

Don't forget your jacket.  😉

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Right now I have the chance to buy two pretty shitty seats to games 1 and 2 of the World Series for $700 each.  I think I'm going to pass as I don't want to get stuck with them.  423 for 1 section and 432 for another.  Anyone want them for that figure?  I can buy now in the presale for a little bit longer.  Absolutely nothing available and I logged in first rattle out of the hat at 9:00 am for games 6 and 7.   Also, couldn't get any lower bowl for game 1 & 2.  

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Right now I have the chance to buy two pretty shitty seats to games 1 and 2 of the World Series for $700 each.  I think I'm going to pass as I don't want to get stuck with them.  423 for 1 section and 432 for another.  Anyone want them for that figure?  I can buy now in the presale for a little bit longer.  Absolutely nothing available and I logged in first rattle out of the hat at 9:00 am for games 6 and 7.   Also, couldn't get any lower bowl for game 1 & 2.  

Are there making any SRO available?

and just to check, it’s $350 per seat? ($700 for a pair to each game)?

Edited by UTexasFight

1 minute ago, texashorne said:

dammit I wish we could have Blum and TK for the playoffs. 

We've still got Ford and Sparky.  Just mute the TV and sync the radio feed.

But it would have been great to hear "Mom, the meatloaf!" after Chas' HR the other night.

Edited by Guadaloopy
  • Hook 'Em 3

Friend sent these to me from the facebooks. Tuve says he was going to take the pic but they took him away very very drunk. Nice fukin guy. Not many people let someone run up and hug on you.   

Probably thought it was correa

D27F3092-37DA-4476-B19C-E4821F4FD90B.jpeg

151A626D-55C6-44DB-8CFA-8A4D12F6C36D.jpeg

Edited by utxmike05
  • Haha 3

Just now, Mez2 said:

9 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

Friend sent these to me from the facebooks. Tuve says he was going to take the pic but they took him away very very drunk. Nice fukin guy. Not many people let someone run up and hug on you.   

Probably thought it was correa

D27F3092-37DA-4476-B19C-E4821F4FD90B.jpeg

151A626D-55C6-44DB-8CFA-8A4D12F6C36D.jpeg

Y'all, when he breaks outta his slump tomorrow, we're gonna look at this guy as the one who reversed whoever gave Altuve's mal de ojo.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

Y'all, when he breaks outta his slump tomorrow, we're gonna look at this guy as the one who reversed whoever gave Altuve's mal de ojo.

He’s the hero we need but not the one we deserve. 

2 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

I'm dead. One of the funniest things I have seen in a long time.

Carlos is looking rough. Did Costas fart on his pillow?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

We've still got Ford and Sparky.  Just mute the TV and sync the radio feed.

But it would have been great to hear "Mom, the meatloaf!" after Chas' HR the other night.

agreed but the problem with this is being so fucking far behind. the pbp radio feed on the MLB app is way off this year. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

agreed but the problem with this is being so fucking far behind. the pbp radio feed on the MLB app is way off this year. 

Yeah... partnering with Audacy has really slowed things down.  Still works if you don't mind being a minute or two behind.  Just need to let your buddies know not to text you immediately after big moments.

1 minute ago, Guadaloopy said:

Yeah... partnering with Audacy has really slowed things down.  Still works if you don't mind being a minute or two behind.  Just need to let your buddies know not to text you immediately after big moments.

yeah and you assholes on this board. I typically watch on my desktop pc and it takes a lot more discipline than I have to watch games a minute-plus behind the Surly Astros thread. I can't quit y'all.

17 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

Exactly what I told a buddy yesterday… well, I didn’t say reverse mal de ojo, I said they are going to give that guy a key to the city.

9 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Yeah it’s horrendous. I need to write a sternly worded letter.

you can’t even use the rest of the app because the gamecast is 2-3 pitches ahead of the audio.

it’s really really bad. Idk why it’s that way. Only thing I can think of is that they are trying to protect local radio affiliates (delay the stream so you’ll want to listen to the radio and their advertising instead), but that doesn’t me in austin. I’d love to listen to 790 but that doesn’t come in in Austin after dark 

26 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No on the SRO (I wonder if that isn't being held for public sales).

Yes on $350 per seat (and they are lousy seats). 

Thanks

yeah, my pre-sale window opens in 50 minutes and was worried this was going to be case

appreciate the heads up/intel.

those same seats were $280 for face last year….

I can’t imagine a Phillies/Padres WS would move the needle that much and may take my chances on secondary market but those fucking fees are such a high hurdle to clear.

What the everlivin' fuck is going on with Stanek? Is he secretly sick/hurt or did the Astros analytics guys tell Dusty only to use him in situations with a five-run lead vs NYY? It doesn't make sense that one of our best relievers hasn't pitched but one inning this postseason.