2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, Dnaguy said:

The Astros look like they haven’t done their homework and are taking a test ‘winging it’

Phillies are dumber but studied and are fucking prepared.

That doesn't really make any sense in a game that is 0-0 where the Astros have had the best chance to score

1 minute ago, Gourmand said:

which is worse? Smolz on the Astros World Series broadcast or all the johnnycomelatelys in the Astros thread during the World Series?

IDK. Which ones are those? I haven't paid that much attention to who's here a lot.

3 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

which is worse? Smolz on the Astros World Series broadcast or all the johnnycomelatelys in the Astros thread during the World Series?

Who are you calling out? It’s a fucking season/game thread. What do you expect? It’s an emotional roller coaster. A UT football game thread is 10X worse.

Edited by Macklemore

Just now, StruggleBus said:

Neither are as bad as the die hard Dusty defenders 

i am a Dusty defender, insofar as "defending the manager" is stating the obvious that games are won/lost by the players on the field and managers have fuckall to do with it. 

Lance McCullers sucked dick last night and nothing Dusty did or didn't do changes that fact or the fact that the Astros didn't score a run. 

i am a Dusty defender, insofar as "defending the manager" is stating the obvious that games are won/lost by the players on the field and managers have fuckall to do with it. 

Lance McCullers sucked dick last night and nothing Dusty did or didn't do changes that fact or the fact that the Astros didn't score a run. 

Game 1, though.

I’m not a Dusty defender at all and wanted him gone 2 years ago. But you’re absolutely right in that it we can’t score we can’t win. I was literally arguing with relatives last night who wanted LMJ pulled after one inning and blamed it on dusty for leaving him in too long. They’re fucking idiots. Lol.
  • Hook 'Em 1

nobody in particular? I think it goes without saying that a lot of us who've spent a lot of time in this thread feel the feeling. Ya know?

The feeling of what, though? Nobody else seems to know who you're talking about. You might be right, though, idk. It'd just be nice to have a little more info.

2 minutes ago, wood said:

The feeling of what, though? Nobody else seems to know who you're talking about. You might be right, though, idk. It'd just be nice to have a little more info.

the feeling of "Who the fuck is ________ and have I seen their posts on this thread before?"

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, wood said:

It's basically an if the shoe fits statement. Also the feeling of going through a whole season with a team versus people flock to support at the end.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I said fuck it and am fine with the 38 second delay listening to Ford and Sparks over this babbling idiot Smoltz.

Thought y'all should know.  

And the funny thing is that there have to be people that he works for who think he's absolutely fucking fantastic at what he does. It's like the GM who takes Baker Mayfield #1 overall with Lamar Jackson & Josh Allen on the board.

Edited by wood

Just now, UTexasFight said:

Why don’t they drill in to our guys to leave the glove on a guy until they call time out?
I get it’s not always possible but that glove should be glued to the runner every time 

Fundamental baseball was lost when analytics became a thing.

It died when the DH was added to the NL.