The NBA Finals- Warriors vs Cavs

Goo Punch

4 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

This is the new Chris Webber TO, and it’s in the heart of the meme era. That has to be the most memed play I’ve ever seen at this point.

It's worse than Weber's hands down. Not knowing how many time outs are left is nowhere near as dumb as not knowing the fucking score.

10 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

I mean we kill them when the fuck up, so feels fine to give the league office a little props for making 2 common sense decisions.  First not suspending Love and now this..... Brothers was to blame for a dumb call.  Tristan shouldn't have reacted the way he did after, but none of it really needed happen.  It's about as good a call as they could make without leaving the refs out to dry (maybe the should have) and downgrading it to a common foul.

44 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I honestly thought brothers was pointing to the shot clock saying the shot clock went off before the shot did...and TT thought he was getting tossed and Dray didnt help

No, TT got tossed and given a flagrant-2. Totally inexplicable.

Only objective calls should be reviewed. The rule is flawed because it gives refs more power over the game by selective review. By limiting it to objective calls, you limit the referees ability to impact games.

Replay was accepted because it provided video evidence conclusively showing an incorrect objective call, like the foot or ball over the line.

Imagine a rule where the refs could review a toe on the line but while they’re at it, decide if Bruce Bowen fouled Dirk Nowitzki on the arm. Or, see if Lebron was in the restricted area taking the charge, but then they determined no block or charge because Durant took 4 steps before contact.

These compound reviews are overreach. You could find infinite number of transgressions by reviewing subjective calls. Keep the refs jobs simpler and limit their impact on games.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

I think that what happened with JR is emblematic of why LeBron is 3-5 in the Finals. People talk about the lack of talent on Bron’s hand picked teams, but besides the talent it’s the fact that everyone in the team just assumes that the one guy is going to win the game for them. You’re a professional, a starter on a team that’s perennially in the NBA Finals, and yet you still assume/expect LeBron to do everything because that’s what his teams in Cleveland have always been based around.

”JR, what happened?”

”Uh, I thought LeBron was gonna do something.” 

Guys like Wade, Chalmers, and even Haslem we’re ready to make plays in late game situations in Miami. The LeBron dynamic in Cleveland has always been this way, and it’s come back to bite them on many occasions.

Hand picked teams? You have lost your G-damned mind! Also, lmao at the thought of what would happen if the JR Smith's of the world didn't defer to Lebron.

LeBron should have taken the last shot in regulation instead of passing. If you are Larry Bird, or Michael Jordan...or LeBron James, and you are down by one with five seconds left in the game, you take the last shot.

13 minutes ago, XYZ said:

LeBron should have taken the last shot in regulation instead of passing. If you are Larry Bird, or Michael Jordan...or LeBron James, and you are down by one with five seconds left in the game, you take the last shot.

If Klay doesn't hold Hill, he has an uncontested lay-up on that pass. I don't care how shitty LeBron's teammates are, that's a 98% success rate.

Bird's arguably biggest moment was a pass. Two of MJ's top 5 most important plays are passes to Paxson and Kerr.

Kobe's pretty much the only all-time great that subscribed to the "shoot no matter what" mantra, and he went 6-24 in a Finals Game 7 once.

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Jordan or Larry never passed the ball right? Also, there were 3 players standing at the top of the key defending Lebron. Lebron would've had to shoot at 26 footer while Hill had a layup. 

2 hours ago, XYZ said:

Would you believe Jordan played with this guy named Steve Kerr...and he passed him the ball with under 5 seconds left in a playoff game.  Got a W out of it.  Whatever happened to Steve?

Remember a couple of weeks ago when it was Reggie Miller going "how you want it, where you want it" as KD was rolling. WTF has happened? Is he banging a Kardashian? What else could do this to the 2nd best player on the planet? 

He WAS better than Lebron in last years final. This year after ONE game, no, but it is one game. The worry is he didn't look great against Houston either for the most part. It's like he has forgotten he is 7 foot tall and can get his shot against anyone. Especially when he gets a good switch with these switch everything teams. 

He started taking all kinds of leaning off balance shots in the Houston series and missed most of them. Now he keeps getting stripped, and being the 2nd best player right now, gets the foul call most of the time, but it's out of character. Something just seems off. Even the 3 point shooting is sub par with plenty of good looks.

There's also the defensive end where last year he was blocking shots, shutting down the paint, etc. This year he can't box out on the most important free throw of the game?

Of course he did go for 26, 9, 6, 3, which would be a dream game for a lot of people in a finals, and that's a testament to how good he is. That was a very subpar performance.

Is it Curry rounding into form now messing him up, after he was shouldering the load the first couple of rounds? Is it the switch everything where he then goes into ISO mode against typically a smaller defender? That just stagnates the vaunted GSW motion offense. 

What about the many more times when Jordan or Bird DIDN’T pass the ball? I mean, y’alls logic is impeccable. Jordan passed the ball to Kerr ONE TIME to win a game, therefore, LeBron’s decision to pass shouldn’t be questioned. And LeBron’s teammates are shitty, not the 90s bulls or 80s lakers. AND he was on fire.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XYZ said:

What about the many more times when Jordan or Bird DIDN’T pass the ball? I mean, y’alls logic is impeccable. Jordan passed the ball to Kerr ONE TIME to win a game, therefore, LeBron’s decision to pass shouldn’t be questioned. And LeBron’s teammates are shitty, not the 90s bulls or 80s lakers. AND he was on fire.

You sound like someone that has never played ball before

1 hour ago, XYZ said:

It was a damn lay-up. Hill either gets an open lay-up attempt, or Golden State fouls to stop it, putting an 80% free throw shooter on the line. The later gave them a 96% to at least tie, a 4% chance to lose in regulation, and a 64% chance to win. As great as LeBron was on Thursday, he shot 57%. Passing up a lay-up to be the hero is all kinds of dumb.

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, XYZ said:

jesus, this is just fucking stupid.

• Like 1

Remember a couple of weeks ago when it was Reggie Miller going "how you want it, where you want it" as KD was rolling. WTF has happened? Is he banging a Kardashian? What else could do this to the 2nd best player on the planet? 
He WAS better than Lebron in last years final. This year after ONE game, no, but it is one game. The worry is he didn't look great against Houston either for the most part. It's like he has forgotten he is 7 foot tall and can get his shot against anyone. Especially when he gets a good switch with these switch everything teams. 
He started taking all kinds of leaning off balance shots in the Houston series and missed most of them. Now he keeps getting stripped, and being the 2nd best player right now, gets the foul call most of the time, but it's out of character. Something just seems off. Even the 3 point shooting is sub par with plenty of good looks.
There's also the defensive end where last year he was blocking shots, shutting down the paint, etc. This year he can't box out on the most important free throw of the game?
Of course he did go for 26, 9, 6, 3, which would be a dream game for a lot of people in a finals, and that's a testament to how good he is. That was a very subpar performance.
Is it Curry rounding into form now messing him up, after he was shouldering the load the first couple of rounds? Is it the switch everything where he then goes into ISO mode against typically a smaller defender? That just stagnates the vaunted GSW motion offense. 
KD is just sandbagging so Curry can get FMVP and take back the GS Team Captain role. They don't need to try that hard to win this series. KD could sit the next few games and they still win in 6. He's probably missing on purpose because he's such a nice, selfless guy. He takes millions less for his teammates to earn more, so a few missed shots ain't no big deal. Curry's legacy depends on him getting at least one FMVP, and this is the perfect series to do it!

/Sarcasm...
But internet rumors are hilarious

18 hours ago, UTHornFan014 said:

I am now second guessing my comment from last night that Draymond is the biggest bitch on the planet. I now believe that the honor goes to Klay Thompson, with Draymond a close 2nd. My opinion may change again tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's funny, everyone got a laugh about Klay acting tough to LeBron after Bron shoved Steph.

But, had Livingston ran into LeBron like JR did to Klay, how long would LBJ have milked it? He'd probably still be writhing in pain at midcourt. Might have even rented Paul Pierce's wheelchair to build up to his heroic return. Klay jogged it off and got his ass back out there. Maybe I wouldn't pick him in a fight (I wouldn't pick any NBA player in a fight), but if there's a dude who would play with his foot dangling by a thread and not say a word about it, it's Klay. No theatrics.

• Like 2

Lebron could have driven to the hole, eating up the last few seconds, got fouled and hit both.  Now the avalance of internet know it alls will disagree. 

Another scenario is that Hill could have it both, they up 1 with 4.7, GS hits a 2 to win it.. i think that is probably what would have happened had Hill been true. 

I feel more confident in James driving to the bucket in that situation. 

54 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

It's funny, everyone got a laugh about Klay acting tough to LeBron after Bron shoved Steph.

But, had Livingston ran into LeBron like JR did to Klay, how long would LBJ have milked it? He'd probably still be writhing in pain at midcourt. Might have even rented Paul Pierce's wheelchair to build up to his heroic return. Klay jogged it off and got his ass back out there. Maybe I wouldn't pick him in a fight (I wouldn't pick any NBA player in a fight), but if there's a dude who would play with his foot dangling by a thread and not say a word about it, it's Klay. No theatrics.

He would still be down

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Orca of Peace said:

Lebron could have driven to the hole, eating up the last few seconds, got fouled and hit both.  Now the avalance of internet know it alls will disagree. 

Another scenario is that Hill could have it both, they up 1 with 4.7, GS hits a 2 to win it.. i think that is probably what would have happened had Hill been true. 

I feel more confident in James driving to the bucket in that situation. 

Lebron hit two walk offs in two different series this playoffs, dropped 40 I don't know how many times, was averaging 34 a game coming in, and dropped 50 in game 1 of the finals and somehow you still find a way of criticizing? That is how you know someone just doesn't like a person. What else does the man need to do to gain your favor. Drop 60, hit the walkoff shot over all 5 Warriors and donate his year's salary to charity at the end of the game?

7 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Are they supposed to wear stuff like this?

Michael-Jordan-bad-outfit.jpg

new-picture7.png

Lol. I knew you would come back with that. All of which I believe is after his playing days. Still better than a Boyz2Men outfit, that mommy picked out. No matter how expensive.

And just to agg you even more 3n6 will never beat 6n0.

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

Lebron hit two walk offs in two different series this playoffs, dropped 40 I don't know how many times, was averaging 34 a game coming in, and dropped 50 in game 1 of the finals and somehow you still find a way of criticizing? That is how you know someone just doesn't like a person. What else does the man need to do to gain your favor. Drop 60, hit the walkoff shot over all 5 Warriors and donate his year's salary to charity at the end of the game?

Walk offs.....lulz

4 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Lol. I knew you would come back with that. All of which I believe is after his playing days. Still better than a Boyz2Men outfit, that mommy picked out. No matter how expensive.

3n7

By the end of his career, Lebron will double up Jordans Finals appearances and then some. He will get a few more rings. Might even finish with 6 like y'all's lord and savior Jordan. Kerr, who was Jordans teammate, even said LeBron is playing at a level no one else has been at. Was it hyperbole? Maybe.

But the fact that people still have to bring up some guy who hasn't won a ring in 2 decades any time Lebron is brought up is weak as fuck. Respect them both on their own. If you can't enjoy what Lebron is doing throughout his career, then you're missing out and are pretty lame. You can respect them both. The world won't spin of it's axis if you do.