Texas @ Kansas State Series Thread

TrashMaster G

Thank Christ we salvaged this win. Nixon looked like Nixon again. Get him back and that lets us use Harrison and Cobb as set up dudes. Southard, Eckhardt, Blair and olivarez have shown some flashes too. Get Kennedy and Ivan back, keep Gordon on this upward development trend and pray to Christ stevens puts it back together. Pierce has always had his teams playing their best ball in May. We got the pieces for a run. Let’s make it happen 

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

Thats a totally different pitcher than we've seen the last 45 days or so.

Not every pitchers issues are the same but as I’ve been saying since they started to struggle, an equal amount of the blame goes on how Allen is calling the game. The lead off hit in the 9th was on an 0-1 fastball when they couldn’t hit his slider. The first hit he gave up was 0-2 fastball. 

What’s the point of getting ahead if you are just going to let the hitter off the hook? Pierce and Allen need to be better to, hasn’t just been on the pitchers

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Oh and @Biff Tannen, you’re on the list for okie state too if you want in. @zlavydra @chase25 @hobbes2702 @Cousin Strawberry @NorthLoop @Valmy77, y’all as well. 
Again, assuming lady friend and her fucking kids flake out which they probably will

I got season tix, but thanks for the offer.  Hook em.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Well she just said they’re down to go. If she flakes out on Friday I’ll post a PSA. @TrashMaster G @Cajun and @ztejas and @Droopy get first dibs. After that just whoever hits me up 

@Biff Tannen wanna enjoy a shiner between innings?

Tough to make it from Atlanta, but i appreciate the offer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Thank Christ we salvaged this win. Nixon looked like Nixon again. Get him back and that lets us use Harrison and Cobb as set up dudes. Southard, Eckhardt, Blair and olivarez have shown some flashes too. Get Kennedy and Ivan back, keep Gordon on this upward development trend and pray to Christ stevens puts it back together. Pierce has always had his teams playing their best ball in May. We got the pieces for a run. Let’s make it happen 

This is the way.  Plus going on a nice run to squeak out a top 8 seed would be nice, or at least 9 or 10 to avoid the potential of going to a real top tier team. 

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This is the way.  Plus going on a nice run to squeak out a top 8 seed would be nice, or at least 9 or 10 to avoid the potential of going to a real top tier team. 

Tcu did us a favor this weekend. We play much better at the disch. Sweep baylor and take at least 2 of 3 from okie state. Better yet, sweep their asses. Home series and Pierce has owned okie state since taking over with the exception of 2019. The conference is there for the taking. If we host we’re set. Gordon against a 4 seed and Hansen and hopefully good stevens in the winners bracket with our lineup along with (hopefully) good Nixon, Harrison, Cobb and the other bullpen pieces we have is a great recipe for an Omaha trip. Most of the team has been to Omaha. They know what it takes. Get it done, men. 

The fact EK didn’t make an appearance today tells me he’s still a ways off from being back. It was basically all hands on deck to avoid getting swept and I would think if he was anywhere close health wise he would have talked his way in there.

Pierce’s comments on Wednesday about him being about 70% despite having almost 2 weeks of rest made me say hmm. Definitely don’t think he’s in there on Tuesday or Wednesday and I would probably guess the same for Melendez.

Edited by Hookem2147

9 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Tcu did us a favor this weekend. We play much better at the disch. Sweep baylor and take at least 2 of 3 from okie state. Better yet, sweep their asses. Home series and Pierce has owned okie state since taking over with the exception of 2019. The conference is there for the taking. If we host we’re set. Gordon against a 4 seed and Hansen and hopefully good stevens in the winners bracket with our lineup along with (hopefully) good Nixon, Harrison, Cobb and the other bullpen pieces we have is a great recipe for an Omaha trip. Most of the team has been to Omaha. They know what it takes. Get it done, men. 

Stevens finally looked like Stevens again.  Complete shame that he didn't get the run support he needed.  

He shit the bed at Tech and took the loss.

He had a good outing at OU but took the loss.

He shit the bed at TCU and took the loss.

Then had a good outing against KState and took the loss.

He should have at least 2 wins out of that group of games.  

Tristen will be fine.  Nixon looks like his old self.  I think our pitching has turned the corner.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Let's hear it for Gordon as well. Dude has pitched as well as we could have hoped for.

no kidding. Dude is on pace to be our Friday dude next year assuming Witt is still recovering for the early part of the year next year 

5 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Slide into 2nd. Don't know what Daly was upset about, throw was up the first base side and he got there late, a clean slide into 2nd base if you ask me

There's another angle right below that. I agree it's because of the throw - I also think he could have done a bit better to avoid Daly. 

24 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

Is he only a sophomore? Going to be a stud.

Yep. Him, Kash, Campbell, Hodo, Daly, O’Dowd, Ace, Harrison, Duplantier, LBJ, Southard, Eckhardt and Nixon is a pretty good crop to build around. Hopefully we get lucky and get Kennedy for another year. Silas and faltine are definitely gone. Obviously same with Hansen and Stevens. Wonder what Witts recovery timeline is. And Powell will probably be back. The fuck is up with him? Is he injured or something? Why hasn’t he gotten and PT at all? He’s shown some flashes at the plate and we’re gonna need another catcher next year. Don’t know enough about Schuessler to pencil him in. He should start both games against Air Force and let Silas DH. We may even get Cobb back too. Would love for him to earn back a weekend spot and have a badass senior year. Alright I’m rambling. Time to smoke more 

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Yep. Him, Kash, Campbell, Hodo, Daly, O’Dowd, Ace, Harrison, Duplantier, LBJ, Southard, Eckhardt and Nixon is a pretty good crop to build around. Hopefully we get lucky and get Kennedy for another year. Silas and faltine are definitely gone. Obviously same with Hansen and Stevens. Wonder what Witts recovery timeline is. And Powell will probably be back. The fuck is up with him? Is he injured or something? Why hasn’t he gotten and PT at all? He’s shown some flashes at the plate and we’re gonna need another catcher next year. Don’t know enough about Schuessler to pencil him in. He should start both games against Air Force and let Silas DH. We may even get Cobb back too. Would love for him to earn back a weekend spot and have a badass senior year. Alright I’m rambling. Time to smoke more 

Sweet, who's coachin'em?

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

There's another angle right below that. I agree it's because of the throw - I also think he could have done a bit better to avoid Daly. 

the dude lifted his right foot, came in spikes high and slid past the bag.  I can see why Daly was pissed. Daly's feet weren't in front of the bag.

Kennedy feels pretty good to come back as of now. I think we lose 1 of Faltine or Silas, but not both. Ton of talent, but neither has really put it together and Faltine especially feels unlikely to bounce if he doesn’t get a Rd 5 or better slot.

9 minutes ago, Spaceman_Spiff said:

Kennedy feels pretty good to come back as of now. I think we lose 1 of Faltine or Silas, but not both. Ton of talent, but neither has really put it together and Faltine especially feels unlikely to bounce if he doesn’t get a Rd 5 or better slot.

Yeah I’m feelin good about Kennedy coming back too. Honestly if I had to choose, I’d take Silas back over faltine. I love faltine, great defensive shortstop and all around ball player but like I said earlier…..

5 hours ago, Fletch said:

He’s such a frustrating hitter. Not Cantu level frustrating but fuck. Shorten up. Swing at the fastballs you constantly watch. Change your approach with 2 strikes. Change your approach when there’s runners on. Dude is constantly swinging for the fences or trying to draw a walk it seems like.

and he’s kind of a head case. Or at least wayyyyy too emotional for baseball and his mentality fucks with him at times. I’m ready for a change at short. Silas on the other hand is an elite defensive catcher who’s pretty composed, been a good leader and he’s put it together at the plate. He’s been on a tear since the ou series. Would kill to have him come back another year. With that being said, I’d happily take Faltine back too. Shit maybe them, Kennedy, Hansen and Melendez come back while that commit we have that hits 100 decides to go to school to bring home a title!!!! @immamac pay these men all the NIL money