Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

So guessing AF will be starting Dylan Rodgers tonight (FR and 5.01 ERA). 

Yep. Started and threw 3 innings against us in the game they won in April. Allowed 1 run. He also started their conference championship game last week and went 7 innings. Not sure why he didn’t throw the first game today as he’s been their #3 starter the last month or so.

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Yep. Started and threw 3 innings against us in the game they won in April. Allowed 1 run. He also started their conference championship game last week and went 7 innings. Not sure why he didn’t throw the first game today as he’s been their #3 starter the last month or so.

Yeah, but from what I remember Rogers wasn't really fooling anybody. We had 4 or 5 hits against him in 3 innings. 

Just didn't produce runs. 

8 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I haven't heard anything on Rodgers. You thinking of the La Tech pitcher that was referenced earlier in this thread? 

In the first inning, the announcer said that Stohr found out 15 minutes before the game that he was starting. I'm pretty sure he said Rodgers was scratched. Don't think they'd roll the dice and save him 

Just now, zlavydra said:

In the first inning, the announcer said that Stohr found out 15 minutes before the game that he was starting. I'm pretty sure he said Rodgers was scratched. Don't think they'd roll the dice and save him 

Yeah, that makes sense. 

Rogers would have been the most likely to start this one similar to the La Tech pitcher. If so, lol. No clue what AF is going to do. 

The Jennings do not have good self control. Can see how their son let a few pitches get away from him last night.

Texas has as many National Titles as A&M and Louisiana Tech have combined CWS appearances… But remember, Kevin and Shelley have forgotten more college baseball than we will ever know.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

It says on texassports.com that Texas is the home team again. I cannot remember that happening before in a Regional, where we were the home team each game,

But hey makes up for being the visitors five straight games in Arlington last week.

10 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

In-game interview with AFA coach they asked about the late scratch  and he said he wasn’t feeling well. 

2 minutes ago, chase25 said:

The Jennings do not have good self control. Can see how their son let a few pitches get away from him last night.

Texas has as many National Titles as A&M and Louisiana Tech have combined CWS appearances… But remember, Kevin and Shelley have forgotten more college baseball than we will ever know.

Texas buys its way into everything? That's rich.