EPL 2022-23: Worldo Cuptus Interuptus

maninblack

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

This TA injury might get Leeds relegated. 5-1 at home to CP? Woof. 

Leeds is fucked because they have two of the absolute worst players that I've ever seen see the field constantly.

Yes, Banford scored today.  I've watch about 10 complete games this year.  This was the first time I had ever seen him do anything positive.  He's usually mis-controlling entry passes and generally playing like a turd.

Sadly, Banford isn't the worst.  Ayling.  My God he's terrible.  After effing up attack after attack in the 1st half, he decided that wasn't enough.  Watch the 2nd goal Leeds concedes.  I'm not sure I've ever seen a defender randomly switch a ball (to give it away), then stand there while his mark finishes an easy header.  Watch the effort at 9:05.  Geez.

11 hours ago, RamjetFDO said:

That's the final whistle... and a representative 3-nil result for the Villa.

No table position change, but making things interesting for 5th!

#UTV

Villa were, what, 17th when Emery was hired? I thought he’d do well (he’s just a damn good manager), but to challenge for Europa*? Villa’s turnaround is amazing. 

*He’ll at minimum get y’all to the final. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, trza-hawk said:

Brighton will not be able to keep De Zerbi as manager because some other clubs with more money will back up the truck filled with cash outside his house, and a couple more players that will want to play for the glamour teams after this season.

He's under contract for 3 more years. I would assume that, like Potter, he's got a nice buyout in his contract.

21 hours ago, trza-hawk said:

Brighton will not be able to keep De Zerbi as manager because some other clubs with more money will back up the truck filled with cash outside his house, and a couple more players that will want to play for the glamour teams after this season.

Brighton is the 2015/2016 version of Southampton. Everton threw money at Koeman (who had a year left on his contract) , bigger clubs lured Saints best players away, and then player recruitment/evaluation was a disaster.

Don't worry, Brighton will be fighting relegation in 3 years time.

Edited by yoladu