The Boat Fanatic Thread

Yarbr

I was at Ramp 2 yesterday and witnessed about a dozen AZNs on SeaDoos come swarming into the dock there.  Everyone of them was overweight, wearing black long sleeves, had buzz cuts,  and sported these oculus looking goggle things on their faces.

I'm fairly certain they were there to assisinate someone who stole their pizza.

B3E41878-3BB6-44EA-B383-8671963306D3.jpeg

Edited by Cajun

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

I was at Ramp 2 yesterday and witnessed about a dozen AZNs on SeaDoos come swarming into the dock there.  Everyone of them was overweight, wearing black long sleeves, had buzz cuts,  and sported these oculus looking goggle things on their faces.

Is that Kim Jong Un?

@Bob Lives! Thanks brother, but I'm just waiting on the replacement bimini for that one (wrong size sent to me) and then that sucker's getting deployed full-time.  No need for a zip cover.

Besides, I kinda thing my bungee chord what-have-you is sorta modern art-ish.

No good?

• Like 1

[mention=2034]Bob Lives![/mention] Thanks brother, but I'm just waiting on the replacement bimini for that one (wrong size sent to me) and then that sucker's getting deployed full-time.  No need for a zip cover.
Besides, I kinda thing my bungee chord what-have-you is sorta modern art-ish.
No good?

I did a similar thing on a pontoon and while I was driving down the highway, the bungees didn’t do their job. My bimini then blew around in the wind and damaged one of the zippers. Bimini was a pain after that. I should’ve just bought the replacement boot, especially at under $100.

Also, I’m always going back and forth on whether or not the Bimini is open or closed, depending on the weather. When I’m surfing in cooler weather, the last thing I want is shade.

Bimini pic for s’s and g’s:

3d417ff73f4e3d4ee1a49c8ab009dd4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

@Bob Lives!Yeah, I tore the original one up towing the boat to LBJ last summer.  My Nautique had a flatter profile, much smaller Bimini and I never had a problem as long as I kept it 60mph-ish.  I thought about folding the MC’s top up, but then my lazy side took over and I decided it wasn’t necessary.  

Wrong!

Tore that fucker to shreds.  That said, I just don’t do any cold weather stuff and the only time behind the truck now is a 6 mile drive from storage to the ramp at 4mph or below. so deployed it will stay.  Unless, of course I decide to head over to LBJ again.  Not likely though.  I’m tired of having my prop reshaped.  Fuck that shallow shit.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 8:48 AM, Cajun said:

[Sung to the melody of "Smoke on the water"]

Dooorks on the water, with goggles on their eyes! 

• Haha 1

God I love rich friends with midlife crises.  Needed a new conveyance to get us to the Golden Nugget for lunch. Not the actual boat but similar, will get pics. Actual boat just arrived from Ft. Lauderdale, not even sure it's been in the Neches yet.

8031960_20210914082257114_1_XLARGE.jpg?w=762&h=466

Edited by BearSchlong

On 5/20/2022 at 9:01 AM, BearSchlong said:

God I love rich friends with midlife crises.  Needed a new conveyance to get us to the Golden Nugget for lunch. Not the actual boat but similar, will get pics. Actual boat just arrived from Ft. Lauderdale, not even sure it's been in the Neches yet.

8031960_20210914082257114_1_XLARGE.jpg?w=762&h=466

He's going to put his boat detailer's kids through college keeping that thing in the Neches. 

I don’t mind being anchored near a boat with their tunes cranked up, but could you turn it down when it sounds like a 20 year old car stereo from Walmart?

When I finally got all the drunk motherfuckers off the water last night, I felt like I had been in a rap club for 7 hours. My ears were ringing. I cannot wait to go to the marsh solo with no stereo, just a fishing rod.

How many watts does it take to be concert loud at 70 MPH?

I wanna trade friends with Updawg.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Long video and if you have no interest in the Pink Floyd/Herbal American/Swim out to the boat and do the “HeyMister!” Routine, I’d skip right on by.

But, if you’re really bored, dig Floyd, and might be wondering, “I wonder what it’s really like when the ink people swim out to Cajun’s boat on Canyon Lake and he agrees to take them for a spin”, actually looks like?

Well. Here ya go…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Monday:

IMG_20220523_132813750.thumb.jpg.cf3722e22b3d7bd600c35b0ea7571c78.jpg

Thursday:

IMG_20220526_183121700.thumb.jpg.6d19425b38336b2bdc5e291a0eb9232e.jpg

We left the Bahamas on Tuesday and hauled ass (by Viking slow boat standards, not G650 rocket ship standards) up the gulf stream until we got to Charleston, SC.

I find the color and clarity of this water to be unappealing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Viking said:

Monday:

IMG_20220523_132813750.thumb.jpg.cf3722e22b3d7bd600c35b0ea7571c78.jpg

Thursday:

IMG_20220526_183121700.thumb.jpg.6d19425b38336b2bdc5e291a0eb9232e.jpg

We left the Bahamas on Tuesday and hauled ass (by Viking slow boat standards, not G650 rocket ship standards) up the gulf stream until we got to Charleston, SC.

I find the color and clarity of this water to be unappealing.

Food is better though.

• Hook 'Em 2

I'm guessing your Cabo 48 friend is the same one with the ridiculous house in Utah?

No a different friend. Both of whom made their bones themselves (well we could debate the advantages of education).

So came down tonight because, well, I just need it. Fam coming tomorrow. Fleet week in LA Harbor. Should be an air show tomorrow. Aircraft carrier right outside my marina. Going to need some aqua medicine for awhile.
31fbcfc49fdcb6c89de70907d0f6f9cb.jpg
4cd003920bc6da03ea32cc548e17eea2.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 3

If there’s a boat crash on lake austin tonight it’s me. 
got to able’s/hula hut at 6:30. Hula hut is closed so went to ables. Everyone else went too. Waited an hour for a table and over an hour for food. Got on waitlist at 6:30 and am waiting on check now

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, blacklab said:

Made it home alive.

Pro tip: Don't anchor in the middle of Lake Austin with one tiny light when it's pitch dark outside. I almost hit your dumb ass.

One of the few things I don’t miss about that lake - morons abound.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Cajun said:

One of the few things I don’t miss about that lake - morons abound.

Yeah that lake always scared the shit out of me in the 90’s. I can’t imagine what it’s like now.

Boats and water and morons know no bounds though. This holiday weekend one of the most entertaining things to do would be to go to the boat ramp here in Port A with some lawn chairs and a cooler of beer.

• Haha 2