Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

58 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

54 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Fucking arrest Hunter Biden then if you need to. I don't really care. wtf

If I'm the GOP social media team, after seeing that MM speech, I'd be hitting up all of the interns and the bot companies and push everybody to bust their asses and get Hunter Biden, inflation, gas prices, etc. all trending to try and drown that speech out a bit.

And I'd keep it off of Fox News.

Not sure if you all have experienced the same thing I have.  The tragedy of the GOP not being willing to move on this is that this issue is one that I've found is one of the only ones where I can have a decent conversation with people who I know who wouldn't vote for a Dem but aren't particularly political.  I'm not a gun owner but as a Texan I have to be able to talk about firearms and their necessity in rural areas.  And hunting.  

Of all of the issues where there is room for some non-partisan dialogue, this is it, and it's too bad that our Texas GOP leaders are such scumbags.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Getting rid of food safety laws would be incredibly stupid. Foodborne illness used to be a huge fucking problem and the fact that we've practically eliminated it from our lives is an example of regulation working very well to solve a serious problem. 

I guess what I'm saying, inartfully, is that we need to legislate some very simple, straightfoward regulation.  I don't think focusing on how burdensome some regulation is, no matter how important, is the best selling point for weapon regulation. 

10 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Not sure if you all have experienced the same thing I have.  The tragedy of the GOP not being willing to move on this is that this issue is one that I've found is one of the only ones where I can have a decent conversation with people who I know who wouldn't vote for a Dem but aren't particularly political.  I'm not a gun owner but as a Texan I have to be able to talk about firearms and their necessity in rural areas.  And hunting.  

Of all of the issues where there is room for some non-partisan dialogue, this is it, and it's too bad that our Texas GOP leaders are such scumbags.

These things are by design.  It's exactly what the BMDs want when they back people like Abbott.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

I guess what I'm saying, inartfully, is that we need to legislate some very simple, straightfoward regulation.  I don't think focusing on how burdensome some regulation is, no matter how important, is the best selling point for weapon regulation. 

Much like the problem of foodborne illnesses, there's no simple regulation that will solve the problem of gun violence. Any actual solution is going to require attacking the problem from many different angles. People keep pretending that there are simple solutions to complex problems and that's just absolutely not the case and really distorts the public debate around possible solutions.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Much like the problem of foodborne illnesses, there's no simple regulation that will solve the problem of gun violence. Any actual solution is going to require attacking the problem from many different angles. People keep pretending that there are simple solutions to complex problems and that's just absolutely not the case and really distorts the public debate around possible solutions.

If we had reasonable state and federal leaders I'd agree that a short term solution should be thorough and complete.  It's not going to be, so we need to aim for the low hanging fruit, at least prior to the elections.  Either need to show that something got done in anticipation for the elections, no matter how small, or show that the GOP would not accept even a simple, partial solution.

2 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

If we had reasonable state and federal leaders I'd agree that a short term solution should be thorough and complete.  It's not going to be, so we need to aim for the low hanging fruit, at least prior to the elections.  Either need to show that something got done in anticipation for the elections, no matter how small, or show that the GOP would not accept even a simple, partial solution.

We could implement some really simple, common sense shit tomorrow if the GOP allowed it. Increase the age you have to be to buy AR-type weapons. Hell, increase the age to buy any and all firearms to be completely transparent. Red flag laws, comprehensive background checks and mandatory waiting periods before buying firearms. These would help exponentially and doesn't ban or take away any current firearms that are already owned.

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

What low hanging fruit? The GOP and @fattyflattie will not allow any gun reform laws pass that actually do anything. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If I'm the GOP social media team, after seeing that MM speech, I'd be hitting up all of the interns and the bot companies and push everybody to bust their asses and get Hunter Biden, inflation, gas prices, etc. all trending to try and drown that speech out a bit.

And I'd keep it off of Fox News.

Then what the hell would you run on Fox News? Why change their programming now?

4 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

What low hanging fruit? The GOP and @fattyflattie will not allow any gun reform laws pass that actually do anything. 

Lol. I’ve literally called and discussed dozens of things I’d be in for. But really, keep spamming the boards with bullshit. It compliments your astonishing lack of understanding on the entire subject perfectly. 

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

Yes. Fuck them.  They and you are personally responsible for each death in Uvalde. 

Am I?  Because I’ve never committed a single crime with any firearm. I’ve taught the generation how to respect and use them properly. Makes about as much sense as your other drivel. Why don’t you go fuck your self and your political pipe dreams. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Am I?  Because I’ve never committed a single crime with any firearm. I’ve taught the generation how to respect and use them properly. Makes about as much sense as your other drivel. Why don’t you go fuck your self and your political pipe dreams. 

You vote for this shit. You are complicit in their deaths.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Lol. I’ve literally called and discussed dozens of things I’d be in for. But really, keep spamming the boards with bullshit. It compliments your astonishing lack of understanding on the entire subject perfectly. 

You say you're for them. But you keep voting for people who will never vote for them. Ergo, full of shit. I'm calling you out because the only way folks like you will wake up is when the harm you have caused is shoved in your face like a dog that has peed on the rug. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Here's the only question that matters.....while you say that you support "dozens of things" that you'd be for, are you willing to support any candidates who will actually do any of those things?

Because that's the question.  It's the only question.  I can say "I wholeheartedly support having a football team that gets at least 2,000 passing yards a year," but if I'm not willing to recruit a competent quarterback, then I'm full of shit.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

Just now, Dahobbs said:

You say you're for them. But you keep voting for people who will never vote for them. Ergo, full of shit. I'm calling you out because the only way folks like you will wake up is when the harm you have caused is shoved in your face like a dog that has peed on the rug. 

You’re not going to accomplish what you think you are. It’s a stupid argument, and a poor one at that.  I don’t agree with the changes *you* think we should make. Ok.  Who the fuck are you again?  Oh yeah, a guy on the internet who couldn’t figure out the difference between a mass shoot and mass killing.  Big brain on dahobbs. 

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

lol, he's right, you help kill kids. hahahahahahahahahaha. shit's hilarious, yo!

But I don’t.  The LOL is for the conviction some of you idiots place on others you disagree with.  

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Here's the only question that matters.....while you say that you support "dozens of things" that you'd be for, are you willing to support any candidates who will actually do any of those things?

Because that's the question.  It's the only question.  I can say "I wholeheartedly support having a football team that gets at least 2,000 passing yards a year," but if I'm not willing to recruit a competent quarterback, then I'm full of shit.

No, I doubt I will ever vote for a D, the gap has become too wide for me.

I used to talk about being a single issue voter and was called a dumbass etc. Now it’s ok?  Fuck that.  Can’t have it both ways. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You’re not going to accomplish what you think you are. It’s a stupid argument, and a poor one at that.  I don’t agree with the changes *you* think we should make. Ok.  Who the fuck are you again?  Oh yeah, a guy on the internet who couldn’t figure out the difference between a mass shoot and mass killing.  Big brain on dahobbs. 

But I don’t.  The LOL is for the conviction some of you idiots place on others you disagree with.  

If you have voted republican in the last 28 years you are complicit in the murder of children, period.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Actually, you've said you do. But then you post a bunch in the other thread about how if the democrats would just reach out to compromise with the reasonable GOP members or if the Democrats weren't trying to take away all the guns then things could get passed. It's all bullshit, just like your sentence above. You don't actually agree with any reasonable gun reform. If you did, you'd vote for it. 19 children's deaths are on you. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

What are you going to do about it beyond saying you're in favor of "dozens of things" that would increase gun regulations? You'll do what pretty much anyone on here can reasonably do - vote.

And who will you vote for?

Saying and doing are two very different things.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

If you have voted republican in the last 28 years you are complicit in the murder of children, period.

I understand you feel that way. I don’t at all. So guess we’re at an impasse. You’re about to rope in ALOT of “used to be a Republicans” on this site with a 28 year window. 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

I used to talk about being a single issue voter and was called a dumbass etc. Now it’s ok?  Fuck that.  Can’t have it both ways. 

Saving the lives of children sure feels like a pretty fucking good single issue to get behind. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Argue this point for those in the middle, perhaps, but you are never going to wake fatty up. He's picked his side and he will never change it. There is not a body count high enough to change it. There are no facts, or reasoned arguments, that will change it. He and his ilk will continue to shit up any threads about gun safety, nothing will change it. 

The thing that will change, is the consensus of the middle. When it does, these assholes are going to find the slippery slope they've been bitching about. Decades of resistance to common sense gun safety reforms? Fuck you, we don't need your input at all in 10-20 years when we the people get sick of the piles of dead bodies. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I’m curious. Do you really offer thoughts and prayers for victims of gun violence like those in Buffalo, Uvalde, Tulsa and elsewhere? If so, what do you pray for, specifically?

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Cool.  You could be a two issue voter now, and vote for Ds: Issue 1) you oppose parties that support and enable the violent overthrow of the government and you support parties that align with your position, and 2) you oppose parties that will not support any laws supporting responsible gun acquisition and ownership and you support parties that align with your position.  Seems like a pretty good platform to me.

But if you continue to reward the GQP when it follows both the violent insurrection and the no gun regulations at all ever path, then you are actually supporting things you claim to oppose, in the most important way you can -- with your vote.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

A+ thread.  Especially the part when shank comes in and described how 99.9999% of ARs are used, and everyone says “well you’re reasonable, guess it’s not that bad after all. You can have one, imo”. Then a few hours later, if you’ve voted republican since 41, blood is on your hands.  Never stop, surly.  

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I understand you feel that way. I don’t at all. So guess we’re at an impasse. You’re about to rope in ALOT of “used to be a Republicans” on this site with a 28 year window. 

good. and I include myself in that (voted for W in 2000 and that was the first and only time I voted R). since then I have a pretty clear conscience on how I have voted.

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

A+ thread.  Especially the part when shank comes in and described how 99.9999% of ARs are used, and everyone says “well you’re reasonable, guess it’s not that bad after all. You can have one, imo”. Then a few hours later, if you’ve voted republican since 41, blood is on your hands.  Never stop, surly.  

your reading comprehension needs work

• Like 2

good. and I include myself in that (voted for W in 2000 and that was the first and only time I voted R). since then I have a pretty clear conscience on how I have voted.

Not to derail this A+ thread, but it was W who got you to pull the lever?  Man, that's one I've never heard.  

2 minutes ago, Satchel said:

I’m curious. Do you really offer thoughts and prayers for victims of gun violence like those in Buffalo, Uvalde, Tulsa and elsewhere? If so, what do you pray for, specifically?

Thoughts, yes. Prayers, never been big on them.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

He's all for saving the lives "children", as long as they haven't passed through the birth canal

Yay. Another poster spewing diarrhea.  My thoughts on RvW have been discussed here   

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But if you continue to reward the GQP when it follows both the violent insurrection and the no gun regulations at all ever path, then you are actually supporting things you claim to oppose, in the most important way you can -- with your vote.

Abstain. We have discussed this before. You had gotten me to abstain. But not sure that’s still an option. 

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Why do you enjoy murdered kids? You obviously voted for murdered kids in 2000. 

Yay. Another poster spewing diarrhea.  My thoughts on RvW have been discussed here   

Abstain. We have discussed this before. You had gotten me to abstain. But not sure that’s still an option. 

So, what’s the point of thinking about (or praying for) gun violence victims if that’s as far as you are willing to go? What does just thinking an out them really do?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Satchel said:

So, what’s the point of thinking about (or praying for) gun violence victims if that’s as far as you are willing to go? What does just thinking an out them really do?

There’s a lot we can do. Just securing firearms would cut down on literally 10’s of thousands of annual deaths.  Finding ways to support and educate that doesn’t have to be thru law (although awesome if so).  Could be as simple as talking to a neighbor who you know doesn’t secure their shotgun.   

There’s a lot more to discussion that a single type of rifle and it’s typical magazine. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

9 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Why do you enjoy murdered kids? You obviously voted for murdered kids in 2000. 

ah man, you were so close. but see, your bullshit attempt is just that - bullshit theater. I acknowledge that my vote likely lead to the death of children. I live with that. hell, it likely lead to the deaths of thousands of Americans in 9/11. So what did I do? I changed my vote. I sided with the party that wasn't actively getting children killed. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Just wanted to followup my neg on this post with an explanation - this is doublespeak at work here. You're at the same time saying that you support gun control efforts and legislative changes, but also asserting that you will NEVER vote for a candidate that would actually work towards that outcome.

This is just dumb, stupid trolling so you can soak up some victimhood points so you can cry about how mean the CR is.

Is it your view that policies have never changed in the parties, thru time?  Never. Something opposed in the 50’s is still opposed?   Also, I don’t cry about the CR meanies. There’s one or two that can fuck their own ass but aside from those few, meh.

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Whether you're ready to accept that truth yet or not, it is a regrettable choice for you.

Maybe. I’ve got a few regrets, as I assume everyone does. I do find it a bit presumptuous you feel you made the “wrong” choice years ago. Wrong for you now, it very obviously wasn’t then.  

12 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Apologies, I don't follow your political leanings as close as others, but what are the issues that you prioritize to keep you from voting D and from supporting gun reform with real action?

There’s a lot we can do. Just securing firearms would cut down on literally 10’s of thousands of annual deaths.  Finding ways to support and educate that doesn’t have to be thru law (although awesome if so).  Could be as simple as talking to a neighbor who you know doesn’t secure their shotgun.   

There’s a lot more to discussion that a single type of rifle and it’s typical magazine. 

Do you support laws designed to take from women the one tool that keeps them from terminating pregnancies, since women cannot  (in the estimation of the lawmakers)  be trusted to protect life on their own?

ah man, you were so close. but see, your bullshit attempt is just that - bullshit theater. I acknowledge that my vote likely lead to the death of children. I live with that. hell, it likely lead to the deaths of thousands of Americans in 9/11. So what did I do? I changed my vote. I sided with the party that wasn't actively getting children killed. 

I was just curious, you set the timeline, after all.  You say you can live with the choice you made, but act appalled others can, too. Huh. 

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread