Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Great trigger finger discipline. They watch a lot of special ops movies. A few points off for revealing their faces, but maybe they wanted to make sure (in the pic right above) that they are clearly not the Floyd protesters they are prepared to mow down if things get out of hand.

I'm persuaded that my mother's S&W .38 may not be enough. I don't want or need an army weapon, but some kind of long gun. 

This is an unbelievable time to be an American.

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Great trigger finger discipline. They watch a lot of special ops movies. A few points off for revealing their faces, but maybe they wanted to make sure (in the pic right above) that they are clearly not the Floyd protesters they are prepared to mow down if things get out of hand.

I'm persuaded that my mother's S&W .38 may not be enough. I don't want or need an army weapon, but some kind of long gun. 

What a bunch of dorks.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, B00M said:

And your answer to that concern is..? to disarm the people that are willing to turn in their arms?  ..Do you see the issue?

the leader in the clubhouse for "why do we need guns at all" seems to be, "because it would be such a pain in the ass to get rid of them."

• Rage+1 4

29 minutes ago, Lurch said:

This is just not a realistically likely scenario, and in the super fringe infinite-universe instances where it is, what percentage of those times will you be awake, aware and positioned just right vs an intruder?

Alternatively, what’s the likelihood that you or someone in your family faces a mental crisis and uses the gun to harm themselves or others? 10x? 100x more likely?

The home invasion justification is gun manufacturers’ marketing masturbation. It’s the ginsu knife cutting your shoe in half.

53% of gun deaths were suicide. 

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/02/03/what-the-data-says-about-gun-deaths-in-the-u-s/

as the Great Jim Jeffries once said “from time to time, we all get sad”

• Hook 'Em 1

53% of gun deaths were suicide. 
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/02/03/what-the-data-says-about-gun-deaths-in-the-u-s/
as the Great Jim Jeffries once said “from time to time, we all get sad”

Which is why a “safe storage” law would probably cut the number of deaths more than any other single measure. Keep the guns out of the hands of other members of the household. And bonus for the gun shops - they get to sell more gun safes!
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Which is why a “safe storage” law would probably cut the number of deaths more than any other single measure. Keep the guns out of the hands of other members of the household. And bonus for the gun shops - they get to sell more gun safes!

tell republican congressmen they get to buy stock in a gun safe manufacturer right before they vote on it.  we gotta start speaking their language.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, B00M said:

The Office Reaction GIF

Police are useless, government is useless and in steady decline, protect yourselves. 

What is “self fulfilling prophecy.”  I’ll stick with truth behind nihilistic conservative ideas for $800, Alex.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Must be from the Trump rally, right?  

Edited by Mdhorn

200.gif
Police are useless, government is useless and in steady decline, protect yourselves. 

You’re burning your UT degree, right? Since government is useless and you’re getting no utility you received from a government institution.

2 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

You’re burning your UT degree, right? Since government is useless and you’re getting no utility you received from a government institution.

Pubs scream government is useless and make damn sure to self-fulfill that prophecy every time they gain an ounce of power. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

https://www.reddit.com/r/ActualPublicFreakouts/comments/v5plrd/gta_university_of_minnesota/

basically across the street from a bunch of frats on campus. it would be like a shootout in west campus. 

"It’s just kind of been like a war zone on weekend nights," Phi Sigma Kappa President Ben Thompson told FOX 9 on Saturday. He was in bed next door when shots rang out overnight. 

"It’s been a nuisance, it’s just been kind of crazy," Thompson said.

Friday night’s shooting is only the most recent in a wave of violence neighbors say the home brings every weekend. Police dispatch data shows problems in the area almost nightly, at least 35 calls just in the last month.

"It’s just random people showing up and causing havoc," Thompson said.

Four of the surrounding frat houses say they’ve written letters asking the City of Minneapolis to take action. They’re also regularly calling the police and contacting the University of Minnesota, but they say nothing has worked.

"We’ve felt like we can’t do anything about it," Thompson said.

The university last told FOX 9 that it’s aware of the issues and deeply troubled by what is happening. It’s their understanding that no current students or employees live in the building. 

The property owner, Student’s Cooperative Inc., claims the people living there were squatting; and as of Saturday they’ve been evicted, "It seems like finally now they’re leaving, for good," Thompson finished.

I'm not sure what can be done, but until we figure it out. MOAR GUNS!

• Rage+1 1

26 minutes ago, Blotto said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ActualPublicFreakouts/comments/v5plrd/gta_university_of_minnesota/

basically across the street from a bunch of frats on campus. it would be like a shootout in west campus. 

You're not going to kill a Gopher with a gun. I've seen Caddyshack. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Burt said:

Wish he'd worked backward from the end of the list.

7 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Not gonna lie, I would be ok writing off the others if he took out the turtle.

7 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Death. Cult. 

Like 10000 spoons when all you need is a knife.  

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Pods said:

Pubs scream government is useless and make damn sure to self-fulfill that prophecy every time they gain an ounce of power. 

Like that old PJ O'Rourke quote where he says "Republicans are the ones who say government doesn't work and then get elected and prove it."

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

Dude at 0:23 firing four stray rounds into the dark of night is not a "good guy with a gun", even though I know he thinks he is.

• Hook 'Em 1

Picked up mine this weekend. Academy had / has a sale on a safe and couldn’t pass it up. I inherited rifles and didn’t own a safe prior.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I also think the Dems need to link Mass shooting "Gun Freedom requirement" to the "women can't choose what to do with their bodies" because of sanctity of life bullshit.

Something like this. "Each day there is another Republican Sponsored mass shooting. While at the same time the same politicians that demand total freedom for fun owners to the access to the guns for mass shootings, believe a women's right to personal freedom ends at her ovaries. THink about that for a moment?"

I would repeat this over, and over, and over.  It is a very difficult position to defend. Because there is no logic to it at all.  Women are the biggest swing block of voters, and IMHO this likely the best way to motivate younger voters for turnout in an off year election.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

The amazing symbolism of saying all of Texas stands with Uvalde accompanied by a picture of him seated.

Yo, bruh, you forgot the "thoughts" - don't forget the thoughts, you ineffectual piece of shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

I've still never heard a valid argument why AR-15s should be sold to civilians. The best compromise I'm willing to make is that you can have the gun to show off in your fancy gun room trophy case but you can only get bullets at a licensed range and can only shoot it at said range if it's really that important of a hobby. It's not going to be used for hunting or home protection. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I've still never heard a valid argument why AR-15s should be sold to civilians. The best compromise I'm willing to make is that you can have the gun to show off in your fancy gun room trophy case but you can only get bullets at a licensed range and can only shoot it at said range if it's really that important of a hobby. It's not going to be used for hunting or home protection. 

Something something freedom. All the while it is not legal to buy a claymore mine. Clearly there is a reasonable standard of regulation but the right has turned the AR15 into a rallying cry all while children and killed in school for their “freedom” to own a gun that has little practical use.

17 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I've still never heard a valid argument why AR-15s should be sold to civilians……..It's not going to be used for hunting or home protection. 

Using an AR-15, I’ve shot dead 4 pigs in the last 2 weeks.  

They are used for hunting.  In my circumstance, used more for  eradication.  

1 minute ago, deadshank said:

Using an AR-15, I’ve shot dead 4 pigs in the last 2 weeks.  

They are used for hunting.  In my circumstance, used more for  eradication.  

Also great for the eradication of classrooms of children.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

13 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Like 10000 spoons when all you need is a knife.  

Are you contending the GOP is currently NOT a death cult?  And I think people saying something on an internet message board is not quite the same as ACTUALLY trying to murder people and at the same time refusing to wear masks or get vaccinated to combat a deadly virus, but you do you. 

24 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The best compromise I'm willing to make is that you can have the gun to show off in your fancy gun room trophy case but you can only get bullets at a licensed range and can only shoot it at said range if it's really that important of a hobby.

AR is a platform, not specific to a single cartridge.  The 5.56/223wylde is the most popular, but far from the only one. Only shooting an AR  at the range is a possibility. Restricting cartridges used in all other sorts of rifles would be more difficult. 

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread