Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

48 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Ah yes, I remember back during the '90s when those weapons weren't available. Rural Colorado was just absolutely overrun with raccoons and foxes. Seriously, that part of the state was unlivable. It was like the dust bowl in the 1930s, just replace dust with raccoons.

Can't believe this garbage. How else will we control the raccoon population?! Sorry kiddos. Hey, at least you get a cool coffin, right?

Someone should tell my mom she needed a gun instead of the crowbar she’d beat animals that needed killing to death with.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It’s not encouraging that their immediate response to public criticism is just open fascism.

And here is an immediate response to the fascism from the tweet above.

image.png.135656442baf5b0274697a5ab0de7384.png

The original tweet states clearly that the press was in a designated area where bikers were interfering with their view from that spot. No body was shoving cameras in anyone's face.

The same make believe world where good guys kill bad guys with guns to save the USA, we have the similar fantasy of the ebil reporters being the real villains. 

Further, what's more respectful of a funeral than a hundred rumbling Harleys?

1 hour ago, gyroprotagonist said:

nah, bro.  dude on my nextdoor feed has it all worked out.  take the $30B we are giving to Ukraine and instead divide it up among the 85K schools in the country.  That $300K each will get 'er done no problem.  90% of those who deigned to post a reply were like "This is brilliant!"

God damn I have been seeing this shit everywhere this week. People are so fucking stupid

• Like 1

“The reason I emphasize this is that we know so much about how to help someone who is suicidal, and those same resources can be used very effectively with someone who is planning to engage in school violence,” Randazzo said. So how do we spot the ones who are planning an attack at a school? The studies she and O’Toole published years ago showed that, like people planning to attack the president, would-be school shooters don’t keep their plans to themselves. They tell friends or even teachers that they want to kill. They talk about their anger and their suicidality. They lash out violently against family and friends. And as more teens have attacked their schoolmates, that pattern has proved to hold true over time. It was true for Nikolas Cruz, the Parkland shooter. It was true for Payton Gendron, the Buffalo shooter. It was true for Salvador Ramos, the Robb Elementary shooter. 

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/weve-known-how-to-prevent-a-school-shooting-for-more-than-20-years/

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Solid pair of posts.  Will rep both later.

I mean, I also fish.  But sometimes when I'm fishing, I'm thinking about sex.

They say smells evoke the strongest memories. 

6 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Many here know this, but there isn’t anything more unafraid than a mother with her children in danger.  Tougher than men without a doubt at that point, and usually are anyhow. 

This is what should be the expected result of what happens when fearful peace officers are legally allowed to prioritize their own safety in situations like the one in Uvalde.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Satchel said:

This is what should be the expected result of what happens when fearful peace officers are legally allowed to prioritize their own safety in situations like the one in Uvalde.

I can’t believe any of those cops that stood by haven’t eaten a gun yet.  I absolutely can’t imagine just fucking sitting there.  Pussy doesn’t even start to describe it. Doesn’t even start. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, yoladu said:

from a CNN article..

Louis bought an AR-15-style semiautomatic rifle from a gun store at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Franklin said. Police were called about the shooting shortly before 5 p.m.

Christ, is there not a waiting period at all anymore? I will admit I am not up on all gun laws.

• Like 1

I can’t believe any of those cops that stood by haven’t eaten a gun yet.  I absolutely can’t imagine just fucking sitting there.  Pussy doesn’t even start to describe it. Doesn’t even start. 

Really? Cops suck. Bernard out front shoulda told ya. They followed orders. They don’t have to protect people - it’s not required by law. I’m not the least bit surprised.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

It’s also not surprising.

Where are all the bad ass moms foaming at the mouth over mask and vaccine mandates at school boards meetings? Why aren’t  these people attacking school boards over children being slaughtered in their classrooms?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Dude has that same creepy ass psychotic gaze a lot of these pos have.. The Japanese call them Sanpuku eyes. Bought an AR the same day like it was a trip to the grocery store. I was naive enough to believe there would be some kind of waiting period to buy an assault rifle even in a country as fucked up as ours.tease_zyibo0

• Hook 'Em 1

Jesus they just fall all over themselves to out shitbag each other.

It was getting veto regardless. Voters and DeSantis didn't want to approve tax payer money to build a facility for a sports team that can pay for it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

dewayne-johnson-dwayne.gif

This.  It's funny (but not "ha ha" funny) that many of the same folks who decry our "loss of masculinity, it's not safe for men to be men," glom onto the most cartoonish, and actually weakest, shallowest approach.

Strength isn't bullying, or overt expressions of power.  As any real man will tell you, if shit goes down in a bar and a fight happens, the "strong guy" you have to worry about isn't the bulked up dude who has been bragging and strutting all night, and mouthing off to people.  It's the quiet guy at the end of the bar, who has been making polite conversation with the bartender, watching what's going on around him, and thinking about whether anyone is going to need his help.  And not "help" in a "I'm gonna be a ninja badass" way, but help in a "I'm going to get you out of here and out of harm's way, and if I have to fight, I'll only do what it takes to neutralize the threat to let us get away" way.

There is no trait more masculine than the CHOICE to be kind and human.  We have it ass-backwards in our dominant culture.

I’m suddenly behind 3 pages on this thread, which is itself a sad commentary to the state of our country…but I wish I had a few Hit By socks so I could rep this more.  And the one preceding with Fred Rogers. 

Taking care of your family isn’t brandishing weapons at a neighbor who lets his dog shit in your yard.  It’s not puffing your chest out at some drunken turd who hits on your wife.  It’s not Joe Rogan or Trump.  It’s not posting on NextDoor how the best way to deal with a lost homeless person is to stick nine millimeters in their face.  

The men I respect the most change diapers, they work hard but drive a balance between salary and quality of life, they see when their spouse is struggling and wordlessly step in…they’re 21st century partners who realize aggression is a last resort in 99% of situations, because they see the whole picture.  They fully consider consequences.  

To reiterate Brisket et al…those are the guys you know truly have their family at heart.  And if they resort to a fight, it means they’re truly cornered, and you better watch out because it means they’ve considered all other alternatives carefully and lashing out at you is their last resort to complete the Prime Objective:  keep their family safe. 

The few PJs I met growing up an Air Force brat were all the most quiet, professional, humble dudes.  Despite spending years in one of the most difficult pipelines in the armed forces, being absolute cream of the crop…you just felt that needless lashing out risked completion of the mission, which is all that mattered.  I’m 40, and I still think about that.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Many here know this, but there isn’t anything more unafraid than a mother with her children in danger.  Tougher than men without a doubt at that point, and usually are anyhow. 

Oh this is more pandering bullshit. I care about my kids as much as my wife does. Don’t you?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Caponata said:

Dude has that same creepy ass psychotic gaze a lot of these pos have.. The Japanese call them Sanpuku eyes. Bought an AR the same day like it was a trip to the grocery store. I was naive enough to believe there would be some kind of waiting period to buy an assault rifle even in a country as fucked up as ours.tease_zyibo0

Should you be allowed to buy an assault weapon on your way to commit murder? I don’t think so. Doesn’t seem right.

Edited by Satchel
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Oh this is more pandering bullshit. I care about my kids as much as my wife does. Don’t you?

Of course. You’re wife has never gone “above and beyond” on something most men would just shrug at?  Something tremendously less threatening than a shooting. Just in general. 

18 minutes ago, Superhero said:

The deranged skeptic in me says that a bunch of old white guys need to get massacred with assault rifles before the old white guys in congress do anything about gun control. 

Forgot to add the part about “by brown or black people”. 

4 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Forgot to add the part about “by brown or black people”. 

No, then they'll just get to scapegoat violence in minority communities, not guns. That's right up their wheelhouse.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Jesus they just fall all over themselves to out shitbag each other.

This just seems like correlated events. Did Desantis criticize the Rays for being woke?

Edited by F250

Of course. You’re wife has never gone “above and beyond” on something most men would just shrug at?  Something tremendously less threatening than a shooting. Just in general. 

^ I don’t know what this means.

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread