Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

22 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

This is what proceeded the Louis Gohmert response.  Go Swalwell!

And Gohmert the mouthbreather...

Louie should give into his impulses, fellate a .357.....and pull the fucking trigger to improve the planet.  The only honorable thing he could do is ending his own miserable, harmful life.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Fucking mic drop performance by Swallwell.

Typical embarrassing response from one of Congress' stupidest members. At least he's fucking gone at the end of this term. (Until he decides to run again.)

• Hook 'Em 1

I hope they release where this shithead bought the gun and someone burns it to the fucking ground. I'm fucking done with these people. Nobody outside a combat zone needs a fucking war machine, period.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

dewayne-johnson-dwayne.gif

This.  It's funny (but not "ha ha" funny) that many of the same folks who decry our "loss of masculinity, it's not safe for men to be men," glom onto the most cartoonish, and actually weakest, shallowest approach.

Strength isn't bullying, or overt expressions of power.  As any real man will tell you, if shit goes down in a bar and a fight happens, the "strong guy" you have to worry about isn't the bulked up dude who has been bragging and strutting all night, and mouthing off to people.  It's the quiet guy at the end of the bar, who has been making polite conversation with the bartender, watching what's going on around him, and thinking about whether anyone is going to need his help.  And not "help" in a "I'm gonna be a ninja badass" way, but help in a "I'm going to get you out of here and out of harm's way, and if I have to fight, I'll only do what it takes to neutralize the threat to let us get away" way.

There is no trait more masculine than the CHOICE to be kind and human.  We have it ass-backwards in our dominant culture.

How about instead of the quiet man at the bar, we have the sober dad playing Barbie with his daughter.  Or the Dad apologizing to his boy for losing his temper earlier.    Maybe we need a PSA about a man or finding outlets and solutions to problems that are not centered around mass murder/shooting or fantasizing about shooting people. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I hope they release where this shithead bought the gun and someone burns it to the fucking ground. I'm fucking done with these people. Nobody outside a combat zone needs a fucking war machine, period.

Come on, man.  You know as well as I do, at least 40% of the inhabitants of your state and ours will try to lionize the store and the owner.  Gun worshipers are that fucking broken. 

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Come on, man.  You know as well as I do, at least 40% of the inhabitants of your state and ours will try to lionize the store and the owner.  Gun worshipers are that fucking broken. 

More like 75%. That leaves 25% of us who are livid and sick of this shit. All it takes is one with nothing to lose. Burn it the fuck down already.

• Hook 'Em 1

I just called Gohmert's office and spike with a staffer for 6 minutes. I told her that my answer to his question about not having a heart was an emphatic "yes!" I then asked what Gohmert proposes to stop the violence in our schools and the only thing she could say is that teachers, parents and administrators should be armed and then tried to tell me that if a teacher had been armed that the shootings in Uvalde wouldn't have happened. Absolutely stunning to me that someone could say that and actually believe it. Solution to gun violence?? More guns!!

• Rage+1 5

13 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Paging @Handcruser

• Hook 'Em 1

Maybe we need to spread Russian style propaganda how the NRA is going to limit AR15s access to white males.   And commercials with Take Dead AIM and a picture of Wayne La Pierre's face.

Or have more images of black dudes armed with AR-15s walking around outside of Ted Cruz,  Gym Jordan, and Gohmert's house.   I seem to recall that image of the black panthers with the semi-automatics broke Tahoe's brain so this might work.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, royiv said:

I just called Gohmert's office and spike with a staffer for 6 minutes. I told her that my answer to his question about not having a heart was an emphatic "yes!" I then asked what Gohmert proposes to stop the violence in our schools and the only thing she could say is that teachers, parents and administrators should be armed and then tried to tell me that if a teacher had been armed that the shootings in Uvalde wouldn't have happened. Absolutely stunning to me that someone could say that and actually believe it. Solution to gun violence?? More guns!!

Nice try.  But maybe ask them where the funding is coming from?  If the teachers are doing the job of the police do they get qualified immunity?   So will that immunity allow them to teach evolution and CRT!!!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Maybe we need to spread Russian style propaganda how the NRA is going to limit AR15s access to white males.   And commercials with Take Dead AIM and a picture of Wayne La Pierre's face.

Or have more images of black dudes armed with AR-15s walking around outside of Ted Cruz,  Gym Jordan, and Gohmert's house.   I seem to recall that image of the black panthers with the semi-automatics broke Tahoe's brain so this might work.

yeah, as someone else suggested, every POC who can should go buy an AR today - see how quickly the laws change then. We all know this about arming white people for the coming "culture war" or rapture or whatever bullshit keeps these hicks in line

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Why do you oppose legislation that would fund mental health support? Restrict immediate sales of guns? Other laws that would at least do something to protect children? Are you on the side of the killers?

Democrat mayors of large cities with high murder rates prove that Democrat ideas don't work! We're trying, in ways I won't specify, to make our country better by rejecting all of your ideas because of mayors who are Democrat.

We live in a country with an electorate, many college educated, who can't discern that the response is non sequitur.  They're content that there was an answer; the content is not that important. 

Chicago! Philadelphia! 

spacer.png

Negro cities.

13 minutes ago, royiv said:

You ask her dumb ass what ol Louie's opinion of coward cunt cops is?

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

You ask her dumb ass what ol Louie's opinion of coward cunt cops is?

I did. She deflected back to the "if the teacher had been armed it would have never happened." My follow-up was to ask what made her think that an elementary educator with a handgun would be better suited to neutralize a deadly situation than a trained police officer armed with an assault weapon. She changed the subject on that one.

• Hook 'Em 3

I did. She deflected back to the "if the teacher had been armed it would have never happened." My follow-up was to ask what made her think that an elementary educator with a handgun would be better suited to neutralize a deadly situation than a trained police officer armed with an assault weapon. She changed the subject on that one.

I have a wish that I won't convey here b/c it, for sure, would violate forum rules and standards.  But boy, do I wish it to come to fruition. 

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, royiv said:

I did. She deflected back to the "if the teacher had been armed it would have never happened." My follow-up was to ask what made her think that an elementary educator with a handgun would be better suited to neutralize a deadly situation than a trained police officer  approx twenty officers from various departments armed with an assault weapon. She changed the subject on that one.

Anyone with a brain knows that there isnt 5% of the money needed to adequately harden every school, hospital, church, mall, etc.... Thats a pipedream

Anyone with a brain knows that arming educators, doctors, clergy is pointless because we just had an instance where an 18 year old kid was surrounded by 20 cops and they fucked up the situation worse than I can believe. Teachers, doctors, clergy are not police. Even our police aren't police. Thats a pipedream

Anyone with a brain knows that while these psychos often do give clues on social media, they are only obvious after the fact. A few comments here and there is just noise in the billions of comments made every day. Taken at face value, I read a lot of comments from gun nuts that sound an awful lot like threats against members of congress. We dont live in a "minority report" world, and there are too many points of failure to expect to approach the situation from a mental health and social media monitoring standpoint. Thats a pipedream. 

The reality is that everyone who believes it is their constitutional right to own an AR-15 is OK with the status quo. Its simply the cost of doing business, as they say. Its why nothing has changed in the last 20 years.  Simply put, the gun nuts of the world have decided that they prefer a world where they can own an AR-15 and children get slaughtered by AR-15's, than to live in a world where they cant legally own AR-15's. The years roll by, we continue to pump more guns into a society with 400 million + guns, and we continue to devise ever more lethal versions of guns. The answer to our gun violence problem is more guns. Fucking genius. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

36 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Nice try.  But maybe ask them where the funding is coming from?  If the teachers are doing the job of the police do they get qualified immunity?   So will that immunity allow them to teach evolution and CRT!!!

They are basically calling for a private citizen to take on the responsibilities normal reserved for a LEO - but without the additional pay that one gets in a job when taking on additional responsibilities.

And if that wasn't insulting enough, the teacher having the burden of the cost of the gun, the cost of the license, the cost of the training, the cost of the storage, the cost of the maintenance, the cost of the ammunition, and probably a lot of other shit i am forgetting.

Edited by yoladu
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, yoladu said:

They are basically calling for a private citizen to take on the responsibilities normal reserved for a LEO - but without the additional pay that one gets in a job when taking on an additional responsibilities.

And if that wasn't insulting enough, the teacher having the burden of the cost of the gun, the cost of the license, the cost of the training, the cost of the storage, the cost of the maintenance, the cost of the ammunition, and probably a lot of other shit i am forgetting.

Not to mention the gigantic professional attrition we would experience if we were to add being an armed assassin to the job duties of being a teacher.

• Like 1

In my next round of phone calls to republican lawmakers I think I'm going to play along and talk the NRA talking points, but then say that I believe that all teachers and students should be issued body armor. Would love to hear the reaction.

2 minutes ago, royiv said:

In my next round of phone calls to republican lawmakers I think I'm going to play along and talk the NRA talking points, but then say that I believe that all teachers and students should be issued body armor. Would love to hear the reaction.

And AR-15s. 

Of course, school shootings are just a small percentage of the mass shootings that happen on a daily basis here, so we're gonna need to also issue body armor and AR-15s to the 330 million Americans currently dodging bullets every day. 

take it even further. ask them if they have considered automatic gun turrets at every entrance. anyone not authorized gets turned into mince meat. then suggest that there should be a perimeter of mines around the school. Next, ask if it's going too far to set up claymores in the entrance halls. should they get past the mines and gun turret, they'll get met with such explosive fury the only things to clean up will be their shoes. Be sure to emphasize that the janitor needs to pay special attention to the "face toward enemy" warning on the front - we don't want to accidentally hurt any children here.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

take it even further. ask them if they have considered automatic gun turrets at every entrance. anyone not authorized gets turned into mince meat. then suggest that there should be a perimeter of mines around the school. Next, ask if it's going too far to set up claymores in the entrance halls. should they get past the mines and gun turret, they'll get met with such explosive fury the only things to clean up will be their shoes. Be sure to emphasize that the janitor needs to pay special attention to the "face toward enemy" warning on the front - we don't want to accidentally hurt any children here.

ed 209, imo

• Hook 'Em 4

19 minutes ago, yoladu said:

They are basically calling for a private citizen to take on the responsibilities normal reserved for a LEO - but without the additional pay that one gets in a job when taking on additional responsibilities.

Like the liability of having a firearm in an elementary school classroom. 100% chance of a kid offing themselves or other kids with a teacher's gun at some point.

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Anyone with a brain knows that there isnt 5% of the money needed to adequately harden every school, hospital, church, mall, etc.... Thats a pipedream

Anyone with a brain knows that arming educators, doctors, clergy is pointless because we just had an instance where an 18 year old kid was surrounded by 20 cops and they fucked up the situation worse than I can believe. Teachers, doctors, clergy are not police. Even our police aren't police. Thats a pipedream

Anyone with a brain knows that while these psychos often do give clues on social media, they are only obvious after the fact. A few comments here and there is just noise in the billions of comments made every day. Taken at face value, I read a lot of comments from gun nuts that sound an awful lot like threats against members of congress. We dont live in a "minority report" world, and there are too many points of failure to expect to approach the situation from a mental health and social media monitoring standpoint. Thats a pipedream. 

The reality is that everyone who believes it is their constitutional right to own an AR-15 is OK with the status quo. Its simply the cost of doing business, as they say. Its why nothing has changed in the last 20 years.  Simply put, the gun nuts of the world have decided that they prefer a world where they can own an AR-15 and children get slaughtered by AR-15's, than to live in a world where they cant legally own AR-15's. The years roll by, we continue to pump more guns into a society with 400 million + guns, and we continue to devise ever more lethal versions of guns. The answer to our gun violence problem is more guns. Fucking genius. 

nah, bro.  dude on my nextdoor feed has it all worked out.  take the $30B we are giving to Ukraine and instead divide it up among the 85K schools in the country.  That $300K each will get 'er done no problem.  90% of those who deigned to post a reply were like "This is brilliant!"

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

nah, bro.  dude on my nextdoor feed has it all worked out.  take the $30B we are giving to Ukraine and instead divide it up among the 85K schools in the country.  That $300K each will get 'er done no problem.  90% of those who deigned to post a reply were like "This is brilliant!"

Hopefully, you called him out for being the moron he is. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Ah yes, I remember back during the '90s when those weapons weren't available. Rural Colorado was just absolutely overrun with raccoons and foxes. Seriously, that part of the state was unlivable. It was like the dust bowl in the 1930s, just replace dust with raccoons.

Can't believe this garbage. How else will we control the raccoon population?! Sorry kiddos. Hey, at least you get a cool coffin, right?

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

4 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Hopefully, you called him out for being the moron he is. 

respectfully, you are out of your gawd damn mind if you engage with anyone on nextdoor, imo.  especially concerning political topics.  about as effective of changing hearts and minds here in the CR :)

Ask him why don’t we just round up all the weapons in this country and just give that to Ukraine?
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

How about instead of the quiet man at the bar, we have the sober dad playing Barbie with his daughter.  Or the Dad apologizing to his boy for losing his temper earlier.    Maybe we need a PSA about a man or finding outlets and solutions to problems that are not centered around mass murder/shooting or fantasizing about shooting people. 

I recently listened to a podcast during which a therapist described the four ways through which men often express ourselves: work, sports, sex and violence. I think that’s accurate.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Ah yes, I remember back during the '90s when those weapons weren't available. Rural Colorado was just absolutely overrun with raccoons and foxes. Seriously, that part of the state was unlivable. It was like the dust bowl in the 1930s, just replace dust with raccoons.

Can't believe this garbage. How else will we control the raccoon population?! Sorry kiddos. Hey, at least you get a cool coffin, right?

12 minutes ago, Covri said:

They did a documentary back in the late 90s on it, about the town of South Park I believe, real dangerous predators there, here’s a clip:

image.gif.dea3fe7c00ec2a69b391e0a71d78d1e8.gif

Solid pair of posts.  Will rep both later.

10 minutes ago, Satchel said:

I recently listened to a podcast during which a therapist described the four ways through which men often express ourselves: work, sports, sex and violence. I think that’s accurate.

I mean, I also fish.  But sometimes when I'm fishing, I'm thinking about sex.

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

A damn fine post.  Lazy of me to reference only confrontation and violent protection.  We have a real fucking problem with a warped idea of what "being a man" is.  For example, with respect to how men engage with women,

It's not dominating women and showing them who's boss (yeah, there's some toxic masculinity bullshit that functionally stands for that).

It's also not "protecting women," like some sort of fierce guardian (sure, we should protect people who need it when they need it, but viewing women as just frail creatures who need a man to protect them is f'd up on its own).

Instead, on this particular topic, it's treating them with respect, as peers and equals with agency and power of their own.

Good post, and I appreciate you expanding on my lazy and poorly made point.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

While I 100% understand and respect the families' desire for privacy during their funerals, and I am even okay with volunteers being present to ask onlookers to respect that, I have a big f'n problem the police functionally deputizing a bunch of bikers to do their job.

But then, counterpoint, the cops have already demonstrated that they are completely incapable of doing their job, so it makes sense that they would outsource it.

Cops are garbage, exhibit eleventy billion.

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It’s not encouraging that their immediate response to public criticism is just open fascism.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread