Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

This is totally normal

https://abcnews.go.com/US/uvalde-police-school-district-longer-cooperating-texas-probe/story?id=85093405

The Uvalde Police Department and the Uvalde Independent School District police force are no longer cooperating with the Texas Department of Public Safety's investigation into the massacre at Robb Elementary School and the state's review of the law enforcement response, multiple law enforcement sources tell ABC News.

The Uvalde police chief and a spokesperson for the Uvalde Independent School District did not immediately respond to requests for comment from ABC News.

According to sources, the decision to stop cooperating occurred soon after the director of DPS, Col. Steven McCraw, held a news conference Friday during which he said the delayed police entry into the classroom was "the wrong decision" and contrary to protocol.

Reached by ABC News, a spokesperson for the Texas Department of Public Safety said, "The Uvalde Police Department and Uvalde CISD Police have been cooperating with investigators. The chief of the Uvalde CISD Police provided an initial interview but has not responded to a request for a follow-up interview with the Texas Rangers that was made two days ago."

• Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, AnTiM said:

Afraid of inviting lawsuits is my bet.

Hurts chances of re-election, losing jobs and being un-hirable is mine.  They have qualified immunity so it is personal stakes like getting tarred and feathered not the police dept getting sued.

Edited by TexasEd

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

They shouldn't be.  1) Cops have qualified immunity.  That would apply even more so in a case where they didn't actually take any harmful action (rather, the issue is their inaction).  2) On top of that, it is well-established law (SCOTUS) that cops have no duty to protect others.

The cops could have stood outside LAUGHING at the screams of the children and would have zero liability.

That is because -- and this is important, follow me here -- law enforcement in this country is complete and total, 100%, from top to bottom, HOT GARBAGE.  Their only obligation is to themselves, and that's exactly how they act.  Remember that any time you see anyone flying one of those stupid-ass blue line flags.  Not only are they bootlickers, they are licking a boot that exists solely to crush other people and protect the wearer.  The only reason they like that boot is that it mostly crushes people the flag-waver doesn't like (cough, cough....minorities).  That's it.

Wtf Shocked GIF by The Maury Show

Meme Reaction GIF

15 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

To give you a snapshot of how completely, utterly, and totally fucked up we are, let me share with you an image of an item that is actually for sale in a Buccee's or similar such establishment here in Texas (shared with me by a friend):

8e62703c697c5adc15980244aba9352c.jpg

What.  The actual.  Fuck.

15 hours ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Mitch Cumsteen to the white courtesy phone, please.

13 hours ago, HenryJames said:

@Mitch Cumsteen has seen worse.

I'm neither a gun owner nor a Christian, but I'm pretty sure Jesus was a big second amendment guy. I believe it was Corinthians 4:14 where he said, "You can have my AR-15 when you pry it from my cold, dead, crucified fingers."

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Oh, and just for your thinking on our political leadership, as well as our publicly employed law enforcement, see this comment from a noted liberal thinker:

“Because if we can’t trust the authority figures who exercise vast power over us, the breakdown in law and order we will see may be more of our own making — not the criminals’."

Wait....scratch that.  That's not from a stupid libtard.  It's from the GODDAMN NATIONAL REVIEW.

We are so fucking broken.

9 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I'm neither a gun owner nor a Christian, but I'm pretty sure Jesus was a big second amendment guy. I believe it was Corinthians 4:14 where he said, "You can have my AR-15 when you pry it from my cold, dead, crucified fingers."

Corinthians 5:56, actually.  You're close.

38 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

They shouldn't be.  1) Cops have qualified immunity.  That would apply even more so in a case where they didn't actually take any harmful action (rather, the issue is their inaction).  2) On top of that, it is well-established law (SCOTUS) that cops have no duty to protect others.

The cops could have stood outside LAUGHING at the screams of the children and would have zero liability.

That is because -- and this is important, follow me here -- law enforcement in this country is complete and total, 100%, from top to bottom, HOT GARBAGE.  Their only obligation is to themselves, and that's exactly how they act.  Remember that any time you see anyone flying one of those stupid-ass blue line flags.  Not only are they bootlickers, they are licking a boot that exists solely to crush other people and protect the wearer.  The only reason they like that boot is that it mostly crushes people the flag-waver doesn't like (cough, cough....minorities).  That's it.

In keeping with the theme.

Moose are excellent swimmers, @WhatTheBuck.

Also, a Møøse once bit my sister... No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

To add to this 

The history of how police came about in the US

https://time.com/4779112/police-history-origins/

Shockingly, private businesses convinced the public to pay for their private security. (these same businesses don't want to pay taxes btw)

The first publicly funded, organized police force with officers on duty full-time was created in Boston in 1838. Boston was a large shipping commercial center, and businesses had been hiring people to protect their property and safeguard the transport of goods from the port of Boston to other places, says Potter. These merchants came up with a way to save money by transferring to the cost of maintaining a police force to citizens by arguing that it was for the “collective good.”

But in the south

In the South, however, the economics that drove the creation of police forces were centered not on the protection of shipping interests but on the preservation of the slavery system. Some of the primary policing institutions there were the slave patrols tasked with chasing down runaways and preventing slave revolts, Potter says; the first formal slave patrol had been created in the Carolina colonies in 1704. During the Civil War, the military became the primary form of law enforcement in the South, but during Reconstruction, many local sheriffs functioned in a way analogous to the earlier slave patrols, enforcing segregation and the disenfranchisement of freed slaves.

Oh this narrative sounds familiar

Fears of labor-union organizers and of large waves of Catholic, Irish, Italian, German, and Eastern European immigrants, who looked and acted differently from the people who had dominated cities before, drove the call for the preservation of law and order, or at least the version of it promoted by dominant interests. 

And it all became a tool of political power

At the same time, the late 19th century was the era of political machines, so police captains and sergeants for each precinct were often picked by the local political party ward leader, who often owned taverns or ran street gangs that intimidated voters. They then were able to use police to harass opponents of that particular political party, or provide payoffs for officers to turn a blind eye to allow illegal drinking, gambling and prostitution.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

In keeping with the theme.

This is my answer to the “Don’t defund the police!” crowd: why should we fund them at all? The police have absolutely no duty to do the very job we pay them to do and routinely refrain from doing their job (and instead spend their time on the clock doing things we told them not to do and creating massive public liabilities). So until that all changes and police are required to do what we hired them to do, paying them is a foolish waste of taxpayer money.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 5
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

That’s actually II Opinions 4:13.

The latest thing in my neighborhood is little blinking blue lights, sometimes alternating red flashes like on police cars.  Since I walk early in the mornings lately when it’s dark, I see them and they all have ‘we support cedar park police’ or ‘back the blue’ or Abbott signs.  

image.gif.3dc7098e2837514d35b3fecfccf5eda5.gif

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Homercles said:

The latest thing in my neighborhood is little blinking blue lights, sometimes alternating red flashes like on police cars.  Since I walk early in the mornings lately when it’s dark, I see them and they all have ‘we support cedar park police’ or ‘back the blue’ or Abbott signs.  

image.gif.3dc7098e2837514d35b3fecfccf5eda5.gif

Bootlicking and bootlicking accessories has got to be an insanely lucrative industry

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Captainant said:

All those people who are upset with the police are just commie libtards that hate FREEDOM though amirite?? BACK THE BLUE! THIN BLUE LINE! PUNISHER LOGO!!!

The police have dangerous jobs. Worse than fighting the Boer on the veldt. How they see themselves:

3 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

LHF68: there's no way this gets any worse.

@Brisketexan: the fuck have I been telling you, dude?

Is there a journalistic outfit you've seen reporting this?

[Rampant speculation] I wonder if the cops shot a kid and then sat on their hands because they were worried about shooting more. It would at least be some logical explanation for why they stopped doing their jobs[/RS]

• Hook 'Em 1

One has to spend at least two years worth of classes in nursing school, pass many standardized exams, and obtain a physician's order in order to keep someone restrained if they assault you. And this is often in life or death situations. Why are police not held to even remotely similar standards before we let them loose on the streets with deadly force on their hips?

“Regulations for thee, not for me!”

17 minutes ago, Satchel said:

The truth is we don't value people in America. There’s just no denying it.

FIF complete coverage.  It's not just our absence of humanity or empathy, it's our open opposition to it, that tells me we are beyond saving.  Demonstrate the slightest bit of dismayed empathy?  Well, those are just sweet libtears -- "CRY MORE, LIB!"  Cruelty is our only treasured value.

We adults deserve all the hell that is visited upon us.

So of course, much of that hell is visited upon innocent children instead.  Because this timeline is a nightmare.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Alternate headline: Uvalde CISD cops do more to kick journalists off of school property than they do to kick murderous gunmen off of school property.

Jesus, just when you think they've maxed out on tone deafness.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, trauma babe said:

One has to spend at least two years worth of classes in nursing school, pass many standardized exams, and obtain a physician's order in order to keep someone restrained if they assault you. And this is often in life or death situations. Why are police not held to even remotely similar standards before we let them loose on the streets with deadly force on their hips?

do you know just how few people would show up to the first day of cop school if they had to go through 2 years of classes before being able to bust heads and shoot dogs without repercussion?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread