Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

How is UCISD headquarters "private property"? 

It's a public school district.  Citizens who live in the district pay for it via property tax.  (Let's be honest, most of us in Austin pay for it, too.)

That's a swing and a miss.  It's not like the media is staging some sort of . . . violent insurrection.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, trauma babe said:

One has to spend at least two years worth of classes in nursing school, pass many standardized exams, and obtain a physician's order in order to keep someone restrained if they assault you. And this is often in life or death situations. Why are police not held to even remotely similar standards before we let them loose on the streets with deadly force on their hips?

Hell, if you score too high on the IQ test, the cops won’t hire you because you’re overqualified and might leave for a better job. 

6 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Hell, if you score too high on the IQ test, the cops won’t hire you because you’re overqualified and might leave for a better job. 

It's more than that -- they don't want deep thinkers in the rank and file, they want animals trained to react.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Too many doors at the medical center.

23 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

All surgeons need to be armed.  That’s the obvious answer.

17 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

don't worry, thoughts and prayers are on the way.

Yep, all the right responses.

We are undeniably a violent, murderous shithole.  And it's a feature, not a bug.  Decades of one party controlling the issue, we are getting exactly what they designed.

The ERCOT grid disaster wasn't a failure, it was the grid functioning as designed.

These mass shootings aren't a failure, they are our policies functioning as designed.

America, fuck yeah.

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Common sense gun regulations= further restricting the liberty of folks who are not the problem today.

But fucking that chicken is a lot more popular than challenging social standards and parenting these days.  That shit's too damned hard.

Common sense says don't shoot innocent people.  Laws aren't even needed for common sense handling of weapons.  

Hi slorch, quoting this where it belongs.

Please name one common sense gun regulation that would restrict the liberty of any responsible, legal gun owner today.

• Like 1

Hearing it was a disgruntled patient. Something that unfortunately is always in the back of my mind. 

I always think about how my office is in the first hallway off the main hospital entrance and then remember I don’t have a window.

And I’m actually shocked that more hospitals and other healthcare facilities weren’t targeted during the COVID mess.
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

6 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I always think about how my office is in the first hallway off the main hospital entrance and then remember I don’t have a window.

And I’m actually shocked that more hospitals and other healthcare facilities weren’t targeted during the COVID mess.

I think the same about BlueCross, UnitedHealthCare, and all the other thieves. And I thought that before COVID too.

• Hook 'Em 2

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread