Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

The deranged skeptic in me says that a bunch of old white guys need to get massacred with assault rifles before the old white guys in congress do anything about gun control. 

This happened in Vegas and we’ll they did ban bump stocks and acted like that solved all our problems

3 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Brought to you by the same people that swear lower tax rates always provides more tax revenue.  GQP fucking sucks at math.

And morals and ethics and values and standards and fixed principles of any kind like, ironically, a dedication to the proposition that all men are created equal.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Jesus they just fall all over themselves to out shitbag each other.

Preventing gun violence is now a politicized ideal? If enough Florida voters continue to vote in people like desantis, why wouldn’t desantis keep doubling down. If I was Disney or the Rays, I would publicly start to explore non-Florida options if only to tell desantis to back the F off.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

take it even further. ask them if they have considered automatic gun turrets at every entrance. anyone not authorized gets turned into mince meat. then suggest that there should be a perimeter of mines around the school. Next, ask if it's going too far to set up claymores in the entrance halls. should they get past the mines and gun turret, they'll get met with such explosive fury the only things to clean up will be their shoes. Be sure to emphasize that the janitor needs to pay special attention to the "face toward enemy" warning on the front - we don't want to accidentally hurt any children here.

Don't forget bulletproof busses with lexan windows.

7 hours ago, Superhero said:

Forgot to add the part about “by brown or black people”. 

Yeah, no.  We need a few old pissed off white fuckers settling disputes in the domino halls and friday night football games  with assault weapons or handguns.  You know some of those fuckers are packing open carry style.   Let them start eating themselves leopard/face style.   But then this happened with Covid and super spreader events and they seemed glad to play martyr for the cause...whatever the fuck that cause really is.   I suppose it's librul tears.  

The deranged skeptic in me says that a bunch of old white guys need to get massacred with assault rifles before the old white guys in congress do anything about gun control. 

I mentioned to my wife that at some point some grandfather that lost a grand child and has nothing to lose is going to attack politicians directly or go after their families for revenge.
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Superhero said:

Yup.  I mentioned this before, but the U.S. might have been a much better place had James Hodgkinson been a better shot at that Congressional baseball team practice in 2017.  As it turned out, nobody died and the GQP quickly returned to their NRA-sponsored talking points.  Plus, we're still stuck with Rand Paul, Ron DeSantis, Steve Scalise and Mo Brooks walking around trying to destroy the republic.  The shittiest people just never fucking die.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, Gap03 said:

Yup.  I mentioned this before, but the U.S. might have been a much better place had James Hodgkinson been a better shot at that Congressional baseball team practice in 2017.  As it turned out, nobody died and the GQP quickly returned to their NRA-sponsored talking points.  Plus, we're still stuck with Rand Paul, Ron DeSantis, Steve Scalise and Mo Brooks walking around trying to destroy the republic.  The shittiest people just never fucking die.

President DeSantis is going to suuuuuuuuuuuck.

• Rage+1 1

I posted this in the thread on Daily Texan, but it need to be mentioned here too:

I stopped posting here a few months ago, but logged back in to share what may have already been mentioned, but I think is important that everyone knows.

March For Our Lives is having a rally at the Texas Capitol on June 11. There are other demonstrations around the country.

https://marchforourlives.com/march22/

I've never demonstrated about a damn thing in my life. The murder of 19 children and two teachers in our own backyard is too much. If this doesn't rise to the high enough level for you to take some sort of action, I'm not sure what will. I am going to be there, along with family. I hope all of you will be there as well.

If you are at all feeling that "fading" feeling about this tragedy as time goes on, then watch the video below from Parkland with the sound on. It's awful enough, but imagine that happening to a fourth-grade classroom in Uvalde, or a first-grade classroom in Newtown. This problem has to end now. 

11 hours ago, Superhero said:

Fuck it. Let's take out the middle victim.

image.png.7fd1b9787730514224e43c04b2117448.png

• Hook 'Em 4

Gabby Giffords was attacked and nothing changed, they just increased their personal security. Maybe it's because she's "a liberal" so they don't care, but I doubt it. These people are completely subject to the whim of gun nuts. They refuse to do anything that might lose their support. They bow to them and we pay the price.
  • Like 1

SIAP. The Uvalde police could prevent disclosure of many aspects (911 calls, camera footage, etc.) of this shooting due to the dead suspect loophole. Basically since the shooter will never be convicted, the police have the right to not disclose info. The concept is to protect the wrongly accused but deceased suspects also are protected.

https://www.kxan.com/investigations/dead-suspect-loophole-could-be-used-to-block-release-of-uvalde-records/

Phelan has already called to close this loophole. That was attempted in one of the last sessions but it was killed in the Texas Senate.

• Rage+1 5

A huge plurality of the populace has been trained to hate journalists who investigate stories and trust the police who routinely cover up their own crimes by enforcing omerta. Now police in Uvalde openly block investigation by the press and refuse to release any information that would aid accountability.

Perfect for a healthy republic!

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

I've got a serious problem with anyone who wants to avoid scrutiny.  Part of it is the tech world I work in, where my company fosters an idea meritocracy.  We welcome questions.  We welcome other's input.  We want to arrive at the best possible solution and its origin does not really matter.  But beyond that, I have never, in any aspect of my life, encountered someone who was attempting to do the right thing who was also averse to any and all scrutiny.  Inevitably, a person avoiding scrutiny proves they have something unpleasant to hide.

It is infuriating to me that police forces paid for by our taxes cannot handle questions about why 19 kids and 2 adults were murdered while the fucking police were on scene.  I can only surmise that the answers must be truly awful.

The police as currently structured and led are the vile deep state that needs dismantling.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Goredho said:

I've got a serious problem with anyone who wants to avoid scrutiny.  Part of it is the tech world I work in, where my company fosters an idea meritocracy.  We welcome questions.  We welcome other's input.  We want to arrive at the best possible solution and its origin does not really matter.  But beyond that, I have never, in any aspect of my life, encountered someone who was attempting to do the right thing who was also averse to any and all scrutiny.  Inevitably, a person avoiding scrutiny proves they have something unpleasant to hide.

It is infuriating to me that police forces paid for by our taxes cannot handle questions about why 19 kids and 2 adults were murdered while the fucking police were on scene.  I can only surmise that the answers must be truly awful.

The police as currently structured and led are the vile deep state that needs dismantling.

I often collaborate on projects. It seems that at times people are a little intimidated by the experience and abilities of others. If I'm in the lead, I make it clear that I'll take a good idea anywhere I can get it, and just about everybody has at least one good idea, observation, or criticism. Everybody relaxes. We start moving to the best possible result.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Goredho said:

6 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I often collaborate on projects. It seems that at times people are a little intimidated by the experience and abilities of others. If I'm in the lead, I make it clear that I'll take a good idea anywhere I can get it, and just about everybody has at least one good idea, observation, or criticism. Everybody relaxes. We start moving to the best possible result.

I think the other aspect of what yall are describing is that yall have a fundamental respect for the people you're talking to. Cops by and large have a "sheepdog protecting sheep" mentality. They treat anyone without a badge like they're some idiot that can barely keep themselves safe and only pose a danger to other badges. It's why cops are so flippant with citizens, and refuse to be transparent - because fuck you, that's why.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

On 6/2/2022 at 11:17 AM, yoladu said:

from a CNN article..

Louis bought an AR-15-style semiautomatic rifle from a gun store at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Franklin said. Police were called about the shooting shortly before 5 p.m.

Christ, is there not a waiting period at all anymore? I will admit I am not up on all gun laws.

There Was One Cruiser GIF - There Was One Cruiser Stripes - Discover &  Share GIFs

22 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Only as long as it takes for the NICS check to go through. At worst you get a delay and I think they have to release in 3 days if the check does not come back as rejected. 

15 minutes is typical.  About as long as it takes to get a pizza.

18 hours ago, Satchel said:

It should never have come to this. Bless this woman.
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTdvksh5G/?k=1

This is a must watch.  She needs to be flown in to DC for hearings and to tell her story on national news.

24 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I think the other aspect of what yall are describing is that yall have a fundamental respect for the people you're talking to. Cops by and large have a "sheepdog protecting sheep" mentality. They treat anyone without a badge like they're some idiot that can barely keep themselves safe and only pose a danger to other badges. It's why cops are so flippant with citizens, and refuse to be transparent - because fuck you, that's why.

lol at sheepdog mentality.  It would be appropriate if by sheepdog you meant a dog that looks out for the other dogs while the wolves decimate the flock and then saying that we need to arm the flock to defend themselves.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TexasEd said:

lol at sheepdog mentality.  It would be appropriate if by sheepdog you meant a dog that looks out for the other dogs while the wolves decimate the flock and then saying that we need to arm the flock to defend themselves.

I didn't say I agreed with it, but that mindset is super common to frame themselves as protecting their flock from the wolves. It's a very nice stratification and classification of society

19 hours ago, HenryJames said:

An AR-15 is a gun of choice for killing raccoons before they get to our chickens? I can think of another thing that the AR-15 is a gun of choice for.

I'll let you decide... who is more important people or chickens?

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

I am not sure about that.  I sometimes stonewalled people because they were not worth the effort or if I didn't care for their communication.   

1 minute ago, Nivek said:

I am not sure about that.  I sometimes stonewalled people because they were not worth the effort or if I didn't care for their communication.   

Are you a civil servant?  Because cops are civil servants who think the public they serve is not worth the effort, and they don't care for our communication.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Are you a civil servant?  Because cops are civil servants who think the public they serve is not worth the effort, and they don't care for our communication.

nah.  It was a private company.   I wasn't hiding anything, just annoyed that people didn't bother to check in first before being an ass.  They seemed to think they had exclusivity of being an ass.   People who approached me correctly never had an issue.   I worked with a sales woman who was pissed off that I didn't answer her calls one day and she complained to my boss about it.  We had a meeting about it and well, once I told her I was at a funeral that day she was very apologetic.   She could have reached out to me and asked.  But instead she went above my head and called a meeting with my supervisor to discuss my lack of communication.  

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

The man was identified as 53 year old Jerome Felipe out of Flint, Michigan.

Felipe, who is a retired police officer out of New York, presented the USCP officers with a fake badge that had "Department of the INTERPOL" printed on it. Felipe also made a false statement that he was a criminal investigator with the agency.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

99% chance he was there to “arrest Biden for all of his crimes,” or something similar.

The pistol looks like a toy with the orange tip (insert Cruz/Trump joke here), and the bullets are rifle caliber not something shot out of a pistol.    This is so fucking odd.   A retired cop, meaning he spent years on the force being this dumb.....

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Nivek said:

The pistol looks like a toy with the orange tip (insert Cruz/Trump joke here), and the bullets are rifle caliber not something shot out of a pistol.    This is so fucking odd.   A retired cop, meaning he spent years on the force being this dumb.....

I definitely noted that.  I looked at the pics -- which include rifle ammo and rifle mags -- and my thought was "ok....where's the rifle?"  I can't tell what's up with the handguns.  What struck me is that this dude -- who claims to be interpol -- may not be playing with a full deck.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I definitely noted that.  I looked at the pics -- which include rifle ammo and rifle mags -- and my thought was "ok....where's the rifle?"  I can't tell what's up with the handguns.  What struck me is that this dude -- who claims to be interpol -- may not be playing with a full deck.

Yep, looks like a suicide by cop kit.

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

what gave it away? "Department of the INTERPOL"? lol. 

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

However, had he used that bullshit line to try to impress/pick up chicks in a bar......respek.

Interpol the band or the international police?  I don't think they give out badges in the band.  But I could be wrong.  

4 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Guy was from Michigan. I never paid that much attention to that state, but there is shitload of crazy up there. the Michigan GOP is full of some fucking insane people. 

I had a boss who grew up in Michigan, I think he once described it as living in “Detroit, Cleveland, Alaska and New Orleans all at once, depending on the time of year”.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

Guy was from Michigan. I never paid that much attention to that state, but there is shitload of crazy up there. the Michigan GOP is full of some fucking insane people. 

59 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I had a boss who grew up in Michigan, I think he once described it as living in “Detroit, Cleveland, Alaska and New Orleans all at once, depending on the time of year”.  

Michigan probably deserves to be in my redesigned United States, because of its union roots, but fuck all that. Too much southern red up north vibes. 

2 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Michigan probably deserves to be in my redesigned United States, because of its union roots, but fuck all that. Too much southern red up north vibes. 

yeah, for a place so far removed from the south there sure are a lot of hicks there

4 hours ago, Nivek said:

A retired cop, meaning he spent years on the force being this dumb.....

The article didn't say why he was retired or how long. He was 53, so it could've been the years of service plus age scenario or it could've been because he's mentally not all there?

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread