Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

12 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Governor Greg Abbott spoke on the matter saying, "well at least they were already at the hospital, or it could have been much worse!"

"at least they didn't rape anybody"

-art acevedo, probably

WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – We must do more than offer prayers and support. 

Bishop Mark E. Brennan of the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston said he stands by his call for a special legislative session. 

The Bishop urged Governor Justice to call a special session to ban assault weapons last week, after the latest deadly shooting in the United States. 

This came after his initial statement to the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston that said in part “we must now do more than offer prayers and support”.

In an exclusive interview Bishop Brennan told 7News he feels even more passionate about the issue. 

We have schools and churches and synagogues and public festivals and concert halls and supermarkets where people congregate, right? Eventually I think the needle on the dial is gonna stop at West Virginia. We’ll have our massacre too and then we’ll be wondering why didn’t we do something when we had the chance to do something.

Bishop Mark E. Brennan, Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Nivek said:

“Regulations for thee {nurses}, not for me! {police}”

Isn't this analogous to some of the proposed gun control legislation? The police sure as fuck aren't giving up their semi autos. 

8 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Would fucking laugh my ass off if Catholics started denying communion to politicians who supported free and easy gun laws.

It’s stupid when they do it to any politician 

That being said, the Rs would just mandate forced communion 

2 minutes ago, B00M said:

Yeah the murder rate there is only 6x higher than ours

Gotta factor in the cost of living plus latinas. Also if you remove cartel related killings that 6x is probably somewhat closer on the Random Killing scale

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Hi slorch, quoting this where it belongs.

Please name one common sense gun regulation that would restrict the liberty of any responsible, legal gun owner today.

Yeah, man. Good grief.

10 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Some more info leaking out.  

Gunman from Muskogee.  Was armed with what is described as a long gun and a handgun

Bomb may have been left behind at his residence. 

That Merle Haggard was full of shit man

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, tchookem said:

The key is always balance. You have to strike the right balance of thoughts and prayers. Too much thinking and you're going to realize arming the teachers and hardening schools is at best, a deflection, and at worst, dangerous. Too many prayers and God may actually inspire you. You may realize all these guns aren't really part of his plan.

Best just to say "thoughts and prayers" and not really mean it.

That is a damn solid post. Fuck all of these short-dicked gun junkies and the spineless GOP politicians that cater to them. 

47 minutes ago, tchookem said:

The key is always balance. You have to strike the right balance of thoughts and prayers. Too much thinking and you're going to realize arming the teachers and hardening schools is at best, a deflection, and at worst, dangerous. Too many prayers and God may actually inspire you. You may realize all these guns aren't really part of his plan.

Best just to say "thoughts and prayers" and not really mean it.

Fucking well done.  Bravo.

Yeah this happened at my pregnant wife’s hospital where she’s an ICU nurse. (Thankfully she wasn’t working today.)
Real nice trash fucking county we have here. Good to know we’re the only place in the world other than cartel states, sub-Saharan Africa or active war zones where this bullshit happens every other fucking day.
Big fuck you to the NRA and its army of trash fucking redneck assholes that have turned this country into a gun-worshiping hellacape where you have to worry about your kids getting shot at school or your wife getting shot while she goes about her business helping people at a fucking hospital.

Sounds like you need to shut up and thank our leaders for delivering some extra 2nd amendment freedom to her place of work.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Sounds like you need to shut up and thank our leaders for delivering some extra 2nd amendment freedom to her place of work.

Yes indeed. Such freedom. Looking forward to them adding metal detectors to all of the entrances. That’s how you know the freedom is working.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 2

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep, all the right responses.

We are undeniably a violent, murderous shithole.  And it's a feature, not a bug.  Decades of one party controlling the issue, we are getting exactly what they designed.

The ERCOT grid disaster wasn't a failure, it was the grid functioning as designed.

These mass shootings aren't a failure, they are our policies functioning as designed.

America, fuck yeah.

Let's not underplay the police promising to arrest journalists should they report from the grounds of the killing field in Uvalde. This feels like a further probe into dismantling the foundations of the republic. 

Police arresting journalists for reporting. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

Let's not underplay the police promising to arrest journalists should they report from the grounds of the killing field in Uvalde. This feels like a further probe into dismantling the foundations of the republic. 
Police arresting journalists for reporting. 

Shit. I’ve been trying to avoid news just because it’s getting depressing. But what the fuck?
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Paul (née Saul) and Constantine were both Roman soldiers so it’s sort of totally on brand, isn’t it?

I agree that what Christ (was reported to have) said has repeatedly been co-opted by unChrist-like power mongers. Believe me, my anger about that truth is likewise unChrist-like. Then again, you have to give to credit to people who are able to change their ways, snd thereafter behave in accord with their aspirations.

Nevertheless, guilt by association is a common human conclusion. No doubt. 

40 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Are these school cops or mall cops something? Obese, obese, obese... overweight? Good job team, that one can speak without heavy breathing between sentences!

58 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Oldest is a camp counselor and they are doing staff training prior to campers arriving. She texted me tonight they added an active shooter drill to their training this year.  What a world

They couldn't even keep the nation's capital safe but they expect teachers and camp counselors to protect their spaces.  It's borked.  

2 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yes indeed. Such freedom. Looking forward to them adding metal detectors to all of the entrances. That’s how you know the freedom is working.

Why would they have metal detectors when they suggest arming teachers?  And damn if I'm staff or maintenance and everybody is going to be armed but me.  

I didn't see this addressed yet.  So now it's pot that's the issue.  Makes sense, I've certainly never heard of anyone getting boozed up and shooting a place up.  All these people do is blow so much smoke, try to red herring the real issue into the backs of minds, until the news cycle resets.   

FOX NEWS HOST LAURA INGRAHAM: GUNS DON’T KILL PEOPLE, POTHEADS KILL PEOPLE

Ingraham can’t believe everyone is demonizing firearms when marijuana, she claims, is clearly the problem.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/06/laura-ingraham-fox-news-school-shootings-guns-marijuana

Edited by pyrohornIII
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I didn't see this addressed yet.  So now it's pot that's the issue.  Makes sense, I've certainly never heard of anyone getting boozed up and shooting a place up.  All these people do is blow so much smoke, try to red herring the real issue into the backs of minds, until the news cycle resets.   
FOX NEWS HOST LAURA INGRAHAM: GUNS DON’T KILL PEOPLE, POTHEADS KILL PEOPLE
Ingraham can’t believe everyone is demonizing firearms when marijuana, she claims, is clearly the problem.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/06/laura-ingraham-fox-news-school-shootings-guns-marijuana

Anything but guns and bullets.
  • Like 1

The truth is we value guns more than people in America. There’s just no denying it.

So close. R-Politicians value money more than people. They value the people who give them money. Everyone else is worthless to them.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread