Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

25 minutes ago, TexPx said:

One of the reporters shouts out "were you grandstanding just now?" as MM is walking out of the room. What a fuckstick. The guy gave an impassioned speech on something that hits close to home being a parent and native of Uvalde. In said speech, he called for moderate regulations. And some dumbass wants to characterize that as grandstanding?

• Hook 'Em 1

One of the reporters shouts out "were you grandstanding just now?" as MM is walking out of the room. What a fuckstick. The guy gave an impassioned speech on something that hits close to home being a parent and native of Uvalde. In said speech, he called for moderate regulations. And some dumbass wants to characterize that as grandstanding?

Because the opposition here is flat-out evil. They look at an impassioned plea by a parent and Uvalde native, think “what would I do in that situation?,” and conclude that it’s fake. Because they’re awful humans.

That MM speech is making the rounds. I'm the lib (yeah I know right?!) in the group chat with my dad and uncles. And MM has them all on board. Toomey Manchin with very minor tweaks would be a slam dunk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, APMP said:

I forced myself to watch the whole thing. Everyone should.

I lasted less than five minutes because I am way past tired of crying.  In the last few years I have lost a best friend, a life partner, and four nieces and nephews.  This is worse.

• Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

This fucking jackwagon.

Hope the Secret Service pays him a visit.

Young and dumb. He'll probably grow up to regret doing shit like this while he was in the spotlight. 

Edited by B00M
To be clear, the dumb part was what he said. Never turn down an opportunity with an m134 minigun

8 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Lol wut. He might regret it later, but highly doubtful. Dude couldn’t get accepted to aggy…

Ok yeah that's fair as fuck. Retrospection and self awareness will be in short supply. 

Also, just watched MM’s full remarks. I never do that (not a “watch this 20 min YouTube video” guy), but thought I needed to watch this. He’s one of ours. He’s a Texan.
1: MM’s humanity and decency is real, always has been. Sure, there’s ego there, but it doesn’t crowd out the basic decency. Indeed, I’m confident that the nastiest, greasiest shit that MM has ever taken contains more human decency than the entire GQP put together.
2: that was both an impassioned and reasoned plea. I hope he’s prepared to be bitterly disappointed. The GQP has already stated multiple times in just the last week that they do not intend to do a goddamn thing, and they will use every ounce of their power to stop anything from being done.
So the question is,
3: where does he go and what does he do when that happens?
He’s tried hard to walk the centrist path. He’s said over and over that we’re not really that divided. But when he sees the GQP stonewall, for the 10,000th time, any and all reasonable gun safety laws, what will he do? Will he still foolishly say “we can work together on this?” Will be repeat the lie of “we agree on these things?” Or will he see the cold, hard truth: the GQP is a psychotic death cult, who don’t just care about power at the expense of human life and suffering, but they actually RELISH THE CRUELTY?

MM isn’t dumb. But he is naive. He’s now chosen to engage in a process that will crush that naivety to dust. I’m curious how MM will emerge from that awakening.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Also, just watched MM’s full remarks. I never do that (not a “watch this 20 min YouTube video” guy), but thought I needed to watch this. He’s one of ours. He’s a Texan.
1: MM’s humanity and decency is real, always has been. Sure, there’s ego there, but it doesn’t crowd out the basic decency. Indeed, I’m confident that the nastiest, greasiest shit that MM has ever taken contains more human decency than the entire GQP put together.
2: that was both an impassioned and reasoned plea. I hope he’s prepared to be bitterly disappointed. The GQP has already stated multiple times in just the last week that they do not intend to do a goddamn thing, and they will use every ounce of their power to stop anything from being done.
So the question is,
He’s tried hard to walk the centrist path. He’s said over and over that we’re not really that divided. But when he sees the GQP stonewall, for the 10,000th time, any and all reasonable gun safety laws, what will he do? Will he still foolishly say “we can work together on this?” Will be repeat the lie of “we agree on these things?” Or will he see the cold, hard truth: the GQP is a psychotic death cult, who don’t just care about power at the expense of human life and suffering, but they actually RELISH THE CRUELTY?

MM isn’t dumb. But he is naive. He’s now chosen to engage in a process that will crush that naivety to dust. I’m curious how MM will emerge from that awakening.

Maybe I'm naive too but I think MM is a much better spokesman for this than anyone else. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So the question is,

That was a really good speech (pouring of the heart?)   He can remain in the center without representation.  If the center is where he’s at, it’s where he’ll stay, until his heart is no longer there. 

That racist cunt Rittenhouse killed three BLM protesters, while awaiting trial was seen hanging out in a bar with Proud Boys and flashing the white power sign, and has become a darling of the Trumpublican Party. He’s an asshole for life. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

That was a really good speech (pouring of the heart?)   He can remain in the center without representation.  If the center is where he’s at, it’s where he’ll stay, until his heart is no longer there. 

he's a commie libtard gungrabber according to the GQP. They're voting against all of your "easy" common sense measures. The current "center" isn't what is voted for by you and yours. Because you don't give a shit to actually think any harder than "RED TEAM GUD"

28 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So the question is,

His comments could very well save lives. Let’s hope so.

The question I have for hardcore 2A folks is simple: If you could only choose one, would you rather a) defend unfettered gun rights with effectively ZERO restrictions, which is the current position, or b) watch your child grow up instead of being murdered in a classroom?  Because it happened to someone's kids, not yours, doesn't mean it can't.

They should own it, sit their kids down, and tell them dad’s access to guns is more important than their kids’ lives.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

45 minutes ago, B00M said:

That MM speech is making the rounds. I'm the lib (yeah I know right?!) in the group chat with my dad and uncles. And MM has them all on board. Toomey Manchin with very minor tweaks would be a slam dunk

On board for what exactly? Raising the age to buy semi autos from 18 to 21? More background checks/waiting periods to buy semi autos? More red flag laws to prevent access to having semi autos?

We have come to a point where MM has to give a genuine, heartfelt speech about the destruction in Uvalde with true passion and emotion while stopping short of calling for an outright ban of semi automatic weapons. 

It says a lot about us as a country when someone like MM has to talk about children’s bodies being blown apart by an AR-15, yet the solution is to raise the age to buy these weapons and have longer waiting periods instead of making them inaccessible to civilians.

Aside from a total ban on assault weapons, these gun control solutions are the same type of bandaid shit that happens when a HC sacks their DC and OC when it’s clear the whole system needs a major fucking overhaul. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

That's a reference to Biden lying on a 4473. While he was fucking his dead brothers wife, she probably thought he was going to off himself, and went off and threw his .38 in a trash can behind a grocery store. When the FBI came in to investigate, Hunter pivoted to pointing out the suspicious Mexicans working at the grocery store. That dude is a total basket case.  And RJ is a fuckstick. But 4473 violations are severely under prosecuted.  Motherfuckers that lie during the background check process should be prosecuted and put in jail for a long time. 

Thoughts and prayers for your damaged frontal lobe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

I saw bits and pieces of this during NBC Nightly News just now.  It was heartbreaking to watch just that short clip on tv.  I’m not sure I would be able to get through this entire interview. 

I’d probably start crying but would mostly be fucking angry. 

I could only make it to 4 minutes.  I feel weak and helpless.

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

37 minutes ago, B00M said:

Maybe I'm naive too but I think MM is a much better spokesman for this than anyone else. 

I think he'd be a solid spokesman, and wouldn't mind seeing him campaign on the issue in Texas this year.

Abbott, Cruz, Paxton, etc. will just come off looking like their inauthentic give-no-shits selves.

26 minutes ago, Captainant said:

he's a commie libtard gungrabber according to the GQP. 

I give it 24 hours before the GQP comes up with something to try and destroy MM over.  They have to be careful and pick something that their wives won't drool over, but they have to try and head him off at the pass, because he makes too much sense.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, MrBig said:

On board for what exactly? Raising the age to buy semi autos from 18 to 21? More background checks/waiting periods to buy semi autos? More red flag laws to prevent access to having semi autos?

We have come to a point where MM has to give a genuine, heartfelt speech about the destruction in Uvalde with true passion and emotion while stopping short of calling for an outright ban of semi automatic weapons. 

Yes. That's how divided we are. 

Look, the right doesn't listen about guns (or anything?) when establishment Dems speak. 

MM is a credible centrist. If he'd called for a ban on 100+ year old technology that's already in half of american households, he would have lost that. It's unrealistic to ban all rifles and pistols, and that goal is exactly why the right is unwilling to compromise on basic shit.

Ride the MM wave and take the 1st down the defense is giving you. Or throw downfield into triple coverage, your call corch.

• Hook 'Em 2

He’ll learn soon enough. MM foolishly believes that the GQP can be reasoned with. The day for that is so far in our rear view mirrors as to be invisible. He’ll soon learn the folly of that naive belief.
I’m liking forward to meeting Angry MM. he still won’t get anything done, but at least he’ll demonstrate that he’s seen the truth.
  • Rage+1 1

So the question is,

Narrator: He won’t.

29 minutes ago, B00M said:

Yes. That's how divided we are. 

Look, the right doesn't listen about guns (or anything?) when establishment Dems speak. 

MM is a credible centrist. If he'd called for a ban on 100+ year old technology that's already in half of american households, he would have lost that. It's unrealistic to ban all rifles and pistols, and that goal is exactly why the right is unwilling to compromise on basic shit.

Ride the MM wave and take the 1st down the defense is giving you. Or throw downfield into triple coverage, your call corch.

I know this country is deeply divided on guns. And I agree that gun control advocates need to take every inch they can get when it comes to changing gun accessibility laws. What MM is doing is using his voice in a genuine way to move people in the direction of promoting reasonable gun laws. Something is better than nothing. 

But it’s pretty fucking sick that in one decade we’ve had nearly 40 elementary school aged children and 8 teachers killed by shooters with an AR-15 type of weapon (Sandy Hook & Uvalde) and all we can do is beg to raise the age to buy these weapons to 21. An outright ban is out of the question and will never happen. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, MrBig said:

I know this country is deeply divided on guns. And I agree that gun control advocates need to take every inch they can get when it comes to changing gun accessibility laws. What MM is doing is using his voice in a genuine way to move people in the direction of promoting reasonable gun laws. Something is better than nothing. 

But it’s pretty fucking sick that in one decade we’ve had nearly 40 elementary school aged children and 8 teachers killed by shooters with an AR-15 type of weapon (Sandy Hook & Uvalde) and all we can do is beg to raise the age to buy these weapons to 21. An outright ban is out of the question and will never happen. 

One thing that really annoys me is the degree to which decent people in this country have been reduced to kissing the behinds of Republicans just to get them to do the right thing.

• Hook 'Em 3

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread