Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I don't understand how they are even allowed to say things like this without immediately being called out by the press in the room. 

The press doesn't elect them. There's your problem. An outraged, minimally decent electorate would throw him right the fuck out.

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

The press doesn't elect them. There's your problem. An outraged, minimally decent electorate would throw him right the fuck out.

Or kill them. The guillotine has been effective in the past. 

Edited by Dahobbs

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Now is not the time to discuss protection for right-wing justices. 

It's like a vulgar display of power by understanding just how deranged a large part of the electorate is. 

Every day I learn more about the value of understanding irony. Without it, you get Turtle's schtick performed with impunity. 

6 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Yes, there are individuals who want to do that. You know it will never happen. Unfortunately, we also know that because of people like you no sensible gun safety reform will happen. And as a result kids will continue to die, with many of their deaths preventable. That's on you. 

I'm not sure why we're even listening to an extraterrestrial cephalopod's opinion on weapons. Now if we start trying to ban ink then we should probably consult him.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Just give ole Brett a bulletproof shield.

Right?

Abso-fucking-lutely.  We'll have our thoughts and prayers at the ready, just in case the shields / ballistic blanket package doesn't work out.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

The first person who engaged said he wanted all guns banned. So guess it is not all just that guy…

But are you a "slippery slope" guy that feels if one inch is given, a mile will be taken, therefore no inch shall be given?  Because that seems to be the prevailing sentiment of the GOP.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Yes, there are individuals who want to do that. You know it will never happen. Unfortunately, we also know that because of people like you no sensible gun safety reform will happen. And as a result kids will continue to die, with many of their deaths preventable. That's on you. 

Nah it is on you for not holding people accountable for their actions. Rinse and repeat. 

• Fuck You 6

3 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

Nah it is on you for not holding people accountable for their actions. Rinse and repeat. 

Feel free to post your information here so we can all hold you accountable. I'm a firm believer in the first amendment right to public shaming. 

Edited by Dahobbs

1 hour ago, Alien Octopus said:

It is fairy dust to presume that Charles Whitman could of done worse with an AR, it is pure fantasy and ballistically and practically stupid.

Keep clinging to the idea that banning guns will solve mass murders. Go ahead and continue to tax yourself by voting again and again for the government to save you. If the performance of the Uvalde police department is not enough evidence for you that leaving your life in the hands of the government is a terrible idea than really there is no hope for you.

I came here to see what solutions were being tossed around. See if there was any reasonable discourse. None found so far , just a bunch of finger pointing, ostriches. 

You are more than an idiot, you are absolutely fucking stupid.  You are the one with zero reasonable discourse. 

Red Flag laws are more than reasonable.  Closing the background check loopholes are more than reasonable.  

I haven't seen you toss around any solutions?  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

But are you a "slippery slope" guy that feels if one inch is given, a mile will be taken, therefore no inch shall be given?  Because that seems to be the prevailing sentiment of the GOP.

I respect the rule of law. A deal can always be made if both parties want to come together. I consider myself a moderate and do hope we all can agree to something, even when we disagree. All the nasty silly shit on this board is just board talk. Truly came here to see what was bouncing around. Will go back to sports board soon, just a tourist. 

• Fuck You 6

4 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

I respect the rule of law. A deal can always be made if both parties want to come together. I consider myself a moderate and do hope we all can agree to something, even when we disagree. All the nasty silly shit on this board is just board talk. Truly came here to see what was bouncing around. Will go back to sports board soon, just a tourist. 

I found the problem.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Feel free to post your information here so we can all hold you accountable. I'm a firm believer in the first amendment right to public shaming. 

See it is cowardly talk like that which almost gets Supreme Court Justices killed. Go fuck yourself.

• Fuck You 11

13 hours ago, bluto said:

And you get a rocket launcher and you get a javelin and you get a RPG

I was shocked to find out that rocket launchers can be legally purchased. Why would anyone want or need a rocket launcher?

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

How are the nation's police forces not calling for changes on these weapons? Even if police skew more conservative/right-wing, you'd think that having to be out in public on a day-to-day basis with these weapons around would overcome any sort of political bias to say "Hey, I just saw five officers killed in Dallas with an assault rifle. Get those things off the streets." or "Hey, I just had to enter a classroom with 19 dead fourth-graders and 2 teachers and I will never get that image out of my head."

Maybe it's because it justifies the funding of their own military grade equipment. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

See it is cowardly talk like that which almost gets Supreme Court Justices killed. Go fuck yourself.

Oh please. Kavanaugh was in a lot less danger than the 19 children you don't give a damn about. 

At any rate, you've already said you're not for any restrictions. I don't see how you can view yourself as "moderate." You are most certainly an extremist. And, again, you are personally responsible for the deaths of those 19 kids. If you believe in a god, I'm quite certain you'll be judged for that. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Satchel said:

I was shocked to find out that rocket launchers can be legally purchased. Why would anyone want or need a rocket launcher?

Bro what if one needs to overthrow the tyrannical government bro.

• Fuck You 1

27 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

You are more than an idiot, you are absolutely fucking stupid.  You are the one with zero reasonable discourse. 

Red Flag laws are more than reasonable.  Closing the background check loopholes are more than reasonable.  

Opinions vary. For instance, I never met you and think you a twat waffle.

Why would you want solutions from “less than an idiot”? 

• Fuck You 2

14 hours ago, Alien Octopus said:

I am for the record a gun toting, multi- AR owning person who does not believe anything should be banned. 

22 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

I consider myself a moderate and do hope we all can agree to something, even when we disagree.

Sure Jan GIF

• Haha 4
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

Opinions vary. For instance, I never met you and think you a twat waffle.

Why would you want solutions from “less than an idiot”? 

What measures would you agree with?

Increased age limits?

Waiting periods?

Licensing requirements?

Red flag laws?

We regulate pretty much every aspect of life more than access to guns. That is problem. 

Increased age limits?
Waiting periods?
Licensing requirements?
Red flag laws?
We regulate pretty much every aspect of life more than access to guns. That is problem. 

How about …

giphy.gif

30 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

He's not stupid. He's just argument proof.

Everything you say is discounted because you're a lib as defined by brother Rush. Your hidden agendas and refussal to hold people accountable are the problem. You will not be listened to.

His brainwashing has taught him that any argument against a lib is, by definition, a valid argument. Doesn't even really have to be an argument. It can be a satisfying sounding string of buzzwords.

I guess he could be stupid. He certainly has decided he already has things figured out, and there is no reason to revisit the hard truths he's learned from FOX, Hannity, and Rush.

He's not even worth a neg because he's not technically lying. He's just garden variety human shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I'm with you on this, but I would go farther.

MM's presentation was nothing short of brilliant and authentic. The green sneaker...what can you say?

I don't think the crazies on the right are moved by people representing a viewpoint opposite to what hate radio tells them to think. They may be moved by irrefutable evidence.

Show the crime scene photos.

Let's stop being so intellectual about this. Let's get visceral. Nothing else has worked to sway the meatheads who so casually dismiss these child slaughters. 

Show them. You can't look at gruesome reality and prattle about Hunter Biden, gas prices, or some abstract notion of your imagined rights. 

Here. Look. Are you good with this?

I watched Al Sharpton being interviewed on Morning Joe about this very thing. Al told about asking the family of one of the Buffalo shooting victims their thoughts on a gruesome reveal. Emmett Till’s in tact body made it possible to display his abused corpse. Because mangled bones and tissue are all that’s left in the wake of an AR assault, an Emmett Till like viewing is virtually impossible.

• Rage+1 2

5 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Because mangled bones and tissue are all that’s left in the wake of an AR assault, an Emmett Till like viewing is virtually impossible.

It's impossible if we choose to remain in our happy little shelters bloviating about things we don't grasp.

Our insistence that we're the greatest country ever and the envy of the world today makes us shy from hard truths. Continue to do so at our own peril.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, RomaVicta said:

It's impossible if we choose to remain in our happy little shelters bloviating about things we don't grasp.

Our insistence that we're the greatest country ever and the envy of the world today makes us shy from hard truths. Continue to do so at our own peril.

Other 1st world countries view us largely as uncivilized, arrogant, boorish and ignorant

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Increased age limits?

Waiting periods?

Licensing requirements?

Red flag laws?

We already have the things you mentioned. Some states/municipalities even ban guns all together.

Please tell me what we regulate more than guns. I don’t recall getting a background check to buy anything other than a gun? Also tell me what if any of these laws should have stopped the carnage for all the mass shootings?  Make sure and include more than Uvalde. Like say Santa Fe and Las Vegas.

• Fuck You 15

3 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

We already have the things you mentioned. Some states/municipalities even ban guns all together.

Please tell me what we regulate more than guns. I don’t recall getting a background check to buy anything other than a gun? Also tell me what if any of these laws should have stopped the carnage for all the mass shootings?  Make sure and include more than Uvalde. Like say Santa Fe and Las Vegas.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

Why is Bert leaving his life in the government's hands? Dude should harden his house up like a prison and arm his wife kids and invest in some bullet-proof judicial gowns. If he's not doing that, then there really is no hope for him, right?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

Try going to SAMS to purchase OTC generic Claritin when your yearly allotment has been reached. I can purchase more ARs than I can allergy pills.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Homercles said:

I see another low post, occasionally-active user decides to suddenly wade into the current hot, divisive thread to throw their weight around.  

It's so strange how this seems to happen so often.  Almost like some more well known posters are afraid of some people realizing how shitty their taeks are on some things and create alts just to shit out their worst taeks.

11 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

Well, this is a lie or at least extremely misleading. We don't have those laws in the vast majority of states (because GOP). But, states that have enacted gun safety reform have less gun deaths and less mass shootings. Texas, which has done the opposite, has 6 of the top 15 mass shootings by death count. 4 of those in Texas have happened in the last 5 years. Yay freedom! Again, that's all on you. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

How are the nation's police forces not calling for changes on these weapons? Even if police skew more conservative/right-wing, you'd think that having to be out in public on a day-to-day basis with these weapons around would overcome any sort of political bias to say "Hey, I just saw five officers killed in Dallas with an assault rifle. Get those things off the streets." or "Hey, I just had to enter a classroom with 19 dead fourth-graders and 2 teachers and I will never get that image out of my head."

Because how else do you get to get away with killing a 12 -year-old Black kid with a water gun, unless it's reasonable to think everyone may be carrying an AR when you encounter them?  Also, job security and cushy overtime providing "security" to the over 130,000 public schools in the country, as well as every house of worship, shopping mall, movie theater, grocery store, and on and on.

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread