2022 College World Series Thread

Horny Bull

at this point, i am hoping for ole miss to win it all.  still think they were the second best team in the country in 2005 and would have won it were it not for us.  given that the final four is going to also likely going to include the agros, ou, and arkansas, this is a bit of a no-brainer obviously.

Edited by sidis
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, sidis said:

at this point, i am hoping for ole miss to win it all.  still think they were the second best team in the country in 2005 and would have won it were it not for us.  given that the final four is going to also likely going to include the agros, ou, and arkansas, this is a bit of a no-brainer obviously.

Anybody but OU, A&M, and Arkansas.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Hate to break it to you man but they have been calling it that for about 20 years.

image.png.73ec3bc304b5b9fdc675c7130878ef55.png

So the first reference on google is to a mosque in Michigan and the actual CWS reference shows up over 3 times more often but they have been calling it the MCWS for 20 years???

33 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I don't gloat - just saying fletch's 'everything is awesome and we were just super unlucky' sounds really god damn aggy.  If you don't see that, I'm sorry.  Don't become those people. 

@Valmy77 and I do that. This last months optimism was based on the experience from last year and the run we went on to end the season. Back when we lost 2 of 3 to tcu and k state and got fucking tortured before getting murdered serial killer style against okie lite, I was rightfully pissed and wanted Sean Allen gone. We then got hot, made it to Omaha where our glaring lack of elite pitching showed. It really wasn’t unreasonable to expect to make some noise up there. Unfortunately our bats didn’t quite show up while Hansen and Gordon got exposed for what we just fired our pitching coach for. 

Plus as a fan, and for me specifically, it’s more fun to be optimistic and have a glass half full attitude. After the last 12 years, I’ll take any victory I can. Fortunately it appears the athletic department is finally functioning the way it should. There’s a lot to be excited about as a fan right now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, sidis said:

Absolutely. I fucking hate everyone else in Omaha. Ou, aggy and arky need no explanation. I can’t fucking stand Auburn. Their clear little brother syndrome and blatant fucking cheating is absurd  

5 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

So the first reference on google is to a mosque in Michigan and the actual CWS reference shows up over 3 times more often but they have been calling it the MCWS for 20 years???

Yes. I noticed it a long time ago.

4607_ncaa_mens_college_world_series-prim

7550_ncaa_mens_college_world_series-prim

It happened at some point around 1999 or 2000. I definitely remember noticing the change at the time.

Edit: Yes it was in 2000, the first time Texas had been back since 1993. Because in 1993 it was just the College World Series and we were gone for so long by the time we got back it was now the Men's College World Series.

Edited by Valmy77

Just now, wood said:

My kid just brought up what I thought was a good question: Are there anything other than white boys on this aggy team?

I can't remember any, but I haven't been watching for it, either.

No. And all the years I’ve watched Texas play aggy they’ve had nothing but red necks. No African Americans. No Hispanics. So exactly what you’d expect 

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

We caught every fucking bad break possible. Whatever. If it means we’re getting an elite pitching coach out of the deal then I’m cool with it. Please for the love of god ole miss, win it all. 

Where would this elite PC come from - or were you just wishing out loud?

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

No. And all the years I’ve watched Texas play aggy they’ve had nothing but red necks. No African Americans. No Hispanics. So exactly what you’d expect 

Ah, yeah. pretty much what I thought.

1 minute ago, wood said:

Where would this elite PC come from - or were you just wishing out loud?

Well we just got rid of Sean Allen. I highly doubt we’re gonna bring in a jag. CDC and co have a pretty damn good hiring track record. Both head coaches and assistants. So yeah I’m betting we end up with an elite pitching coach 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Yes, they have.  I remember wanting to buy a cap in about 2002, but couldn't pull the trigger on it because it said "MCWS."

1252_ncaa_mens_college_world_series-prim

Edited by Beau Vine

1 hour ago, UTEX_ME said:

aggy pitching really that good? 2 runs Sunday 1 run today? 

Today's starter had the best outing he's had since the first half of the season.  The guy who started against Texas was pretty good in the first half of the season, but struggled mightily the last month and a half.  The bullpen was a disaster prior to conference play, which is reflected in their ERA's, but they greatly improved and they're the reason--along with a strong lineup that grinds pitchers to dust--that A&M pulled ahead of Arky on the last weekend to win the West, and the reason we pulled off 1-run wins over Louisville.

So no, it's not really good, it's inconsistent.  And our fielding is abysmal.  But a good bullpen and great hitting can bail you out.  We've won games with 5 errors, for example.

To have a chance against OU it'll take several of the bullpen guys pitching their best.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Today's starter had the best outing he's had since the first half of the season.  The guy who started against Texas was pretty good in the first half of the season, but struggled mightily the last month and a half.  The bullpen was a disaster prior to conference play, which is reflected in their ERA's, but they greatly improved and they're the reason--along with a strong lineup that grinds pitchers to dust--that A&M pulled ahead of Arky on the last weekend to win the West, and the reason we pulled off 1-run wins over Louisville.

So no, it's not really good, it's inconsistent.  And our fielding is abysmal.  But a good bullpen and great hitting can bail you out.  We've won games with 5 errors, for example.

To have a chance against OU it'll take several of the bullpen guys pitching their best.

Congrats. I’m now living one of my worst nightmares. Ou and atm playing for a shot at the national title potentially against Arkansas. There’s no god. Or maybe there is and he fucking hates us or something. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Congrats. I’m now living one of my worst nightmares. Ou and atm playing for a shot at the national title potentially against Arkansas. There’s no god. Or maybe there is and he fucking hates us or something. 

OU may have a shot.  But God hates pig and aggy more than he loves the Longhorns.   I’m convinced of this after seeing pig lose in 2018.  Most brutal way to lose ever.

Just now, Guadaloopy said:

OU may have a shot.  But God hates pig and aggy more than he loves the Longhorns.   I’m convinced of this after seeing pig lose in 2018.  Most brutal way to lose ever.

Yeah I’m a huge ole miss fan now. And I generally find ole miss annoying. History tells us aggy will fuck it up. Still pisses me off they’re there. Schloss kind of gives me a Mike Martin vibe. But man, ou, arky, aggy and auburn having a chance to win it all is cancer, aids and Ebola combined

8 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

That was definitely something that would scar a guy for life.

I'm a Rangers fan, so I can relate to some extent.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Augustus said:

That was definitely something that would scar a guy for life.

I'm a Rangers fan, so I can relate to some extent.

And I mean it couldn’t be easy being a reasonable aggy fan like yourself. We’ve had our souls ripped out multiple times but also have some heavy hardware. I don’t feel bad for y’all though