LBGTQ

Mo Horn

1 hour ago, trauma babe said:

Fire Island on Hulu is a fun lil gay retelling of Pride and Prejudice

I need to check that out. We had the good fortune of spending a week up there one summer with some friends who live there the whole summer. Good fortune because one of them died of liver disease at the age of 54 not 2 years later. We had a great time in the enclave. we did not party like they do on the weekend that was way too much but the weekdays were quiet, relaxing, friendly, low key gayAF dinner parties and gorgeous weather.  it's part of the cost benefit analysis. I'll trade whatever bullshit I've had to deal with to be part of our broader community. Life was black and white as a straight cisgender, it's full on technicolor as a queer tranny. I love it. fuck the haters. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I've spent a little bit of time in Provincetown, but tragically most of the gay hotspots (Ptown, Fire Island, etc) that are still around are, in my limited experience, still heavily tailored towards and populated by cis gay men, which gets to be a bit of a drag after a while.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather be around the cis-homos instead of the cis-hets, but damned if I don't need to make it to Cherry Grove sometime soon in my life.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

I've spent a little bit of time in Provincetown, but tragically most of the gay hotspots (Ptown, Fire Island, etc) that are still around are, in my limited experience, still heavily tailored towards and populated by cis gay men, which gets to be a bit of a drag after a while.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather be around the cis-homos instead of the cis-hets, but damned if I don't need to make it to Cherry Grove sometime soon in my life.

You’re right those places are for cisgender gay men. We tend to prefer the gay men, we’ve done all gay cruises (not Atlantis types) but more refined and those are spectacular fun. We find gay men are much easier, more fun and they have drama but it’s all theirs and we can stay oblivious to it and enjoy our vacation with peace and serenity. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

^

That is beyond fucked up.  I knew they were overdoing it, but that's just a statistical and humanitarian nightmare.  

I saw a blurb in the Atlantic the other day that was similarly disturbing.  More transgender youths (predominantly boys/young men wishing to be/in transition to girls/young women) killed themselves in 2021 than transgender youths got athletic scholarships in 2021.  It's the deadliest and costliest non-issue we have may have ever invented.

• Hook 'Em 4

19 hours ago, YGIFS said:

^

That is beyond fucked up.  I knew they were overdoing it, but that's just a statistical and humanitarian nightmare.  

I saw a blurb in the Atlantic the other day that was similarly disturbing.  More transgender youths (predominantly boys/young men wishing to be/in transition to girls/young women) killed themselves in 2021 than transgender youths got athletic scholarships in 2021.  It's the deadliest and costliest non-issue we have may have ever invented.

And prior to that the suicides came out of nowhere and it was never known they were trans. My 6th - 10th grade years were dark, dark fucking years. The onset of puberty was like a prison sentence. It was like a tunnel with the light coming at me and the blasting sound of the freight train saying you’re so fucked. Why I didn’t kill myself is a mystery tbqh. had I done it (and I fantasized about it) I would not have come out in my see you in hell letter. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 4

Glad you made it out the other side of that tunnel and are trying to go back and usher others through it.

I'm guessing just in the United States, over the last 250 years...the number of suicides is in the 7 digits; in terms of people who were LGBTQ and were in fear of what their families/friends/community would do to them if they found out.  Let alone the fear of being convicted of illegal behavior. 

Underfunded resources for mental health, addiction, etc.---that's a whole other conversation to address suicide.  But in the end, we all know even with a $1T budget, you're not gonna reach everybody that needs help.  And to just to reach 50% more is gonna take a shitload of effort on the parts of tens of millions of people.  That's a huge task to undertake, I can see why we've been putting it off. 

But solving for suicide among young people that are struggling with their LGBTQ identity is a breeze by comparison.  We can start by not doing anything, and that'll make a huge difference.  Just leave them the fuck alone, quit holding press conference and passing laws to vilify and criminalize them.  Obviously they need access to physical and mental health care, but I realize for 35% of our country, that's a bridge too far.  So to get started, I'm proposing doing jackshit.  Just let them be.  If you don't want to help them, fine.  But their struggle and their journey has nothing to do with you.  We're passing laws for the most make-believe shit nowadays.  Just stop passing laws, stop with the book bans, and all the other bullshit.  

There's not a school full of boys undertaking hormonal therapy to get into your daughter's bathroom or steal her spot on the diving team.  There is a school full of confused, depressed kids that don't need more of your bullshit on them, when they have such plentiful access to drugs and ways to kill themselves.  /rant  

• Hook 'Em 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/31/2022 at 12:51 PM, YGIFS said:

^

Pur transgendered population is the most likely demographic to take their own lives. Heartbreaking that we fail to offer the love and support that might help.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 8/19/2022 at 8:14 AM, troph said:

Who produced Love Simon?  That was a solid flick. We are watching the TV series Love Victor now sort of a sequel, well, I’m partially watching as my ADHD can’t hold it but it’s on in the background. It’s a B+ teen drama. It’s so refreshing to have quality representation on screen. Some of these seem absurdly assimilated on screen but that’s my past talking the kids today are that accepting. It’s where hope lives. 

If you want a super sweet Netflix series, watch Heartstopper.  It might give you the betus though.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...

Republicans will claim it covers “all sexual content” — well, there are two clauses, one is sexual content the other is not.

B440D22A-7A86-4F28-893B-55AAB1838DC0.jpeg

johnny has a mom and a dad is not sexual, neither is Jane has a dad and a dad. Neither is Bobby used to be a boy but is now a girl. 

just because you whack off to dudes sucking dicks or have a fetish for trans women and you dream about being like us when you touch yourself in your wife’s panties doesn’t mean LGBTQ topics are de facto sexual. No one here is saying let’s read the definitive guide on how to fuck a pre-op trans woman to first graders. We are talking about acknowledging existence and acknowledging love. Fucking assholes. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 4

9 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Bumping this thread could potentially threaten federal benefits. Oh yeah, I PAY federal taxes, I don’t receiver federal benefits.

Rs want everyone to put their head up their own ass. Just like they do.

Yeah, but inflation is slightly high. What am I supposed to do?

4 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

The level of stupidity that has taken over one of the two major political parties in this country is still just staggering.

there's a more compelling case that G-d is nonbinary and a they/them/their than there is G-d is an actual "he" as in God is both male and female - read your fucking bible you fundamentalist-dick-weed - of course only once you set aside the rampant misogyny of King James and other Bible scribes before and after his crew. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, troph said:

Republicans will claim it covers “all sexual content” — well, there are two clauses, one is sexual content the other is not.

B440D22A-7A86-4F28-893B-55AAB1838DC0.jpeg

johnny has a mom and a dad is not sexual, neither is Jane has a dad and a dad. Neither is Bobby used to be a boy but is now a girl. 

just because you whack off to dudes sucking dicks or have a fetish for trans women and you dream about being like us when you touch yourself in your wife’s panties doesn’t mean LGBTQ topics are de facto sexual. No one here is saying let’s read the definitive guide on how to fuck a pre-op trans woman to first graders. We are talking about acknowledging existence and acknowledging love. Fucking assholes. 

I would have expected Republicans to carve an exception for discussions about Hunter Biden's cock.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Gah; I am so sick of people right now. Well, some people anyway. Our community has a school board election fast approaching and the candidates have been talking and canvassing and there is, of course (fuck this timeline), one who is campaigning on not being 'woke' and such. This candidate is popular and has children in the schools and whatnot and listening to other parents and community members comments just breaks my heart even as the shards sharpen with loathing toward their cruelty. One parent prattles on about keeping gender out of the schools. I'm thinking "Wtf you moronic dripping wet wipe." Gender is everywhere. Our culture, even when LBGTQ youth were 'hidden' so to speak, does nothing but set codes and social constructs around gender. Boys are good at math and girls are not. Girls are either madonnas or whores. Boys don't cry. Most pejoratives by the dominant culture are women's body parts. Don't tell me when I was volunteering that the eight year old boy who was picking on another by calling him 'faggot' didn't likely learn that from his dad or brothers. He was eight years old and tormenting another eight year old. That victim sure did receive some educational instruction on gender and sexuality didn't he?

And these parents cannot fathom that being kind and considerate to one another, that allowing a child to figure out who they are and who they wish to be in this world because it IS THEIR FUCKING LIFE is actually THE most alpha (since they are fond of that word) act that humans can do. It is giving each human the agency to choose their path. We preach to youth: know thyself; and then we turn around and hypocritically tell them that cannot be right because we have judged them unworthy. And they FEEL that, boy do they feel that.  Anyone who says otherwise is being deliberately obtuse. Ugh.

Even sadder anecdote but I can't recall if I mentioned it here before. When one of my children was pre-school age I was chatting with another mom. It was right about this time of the year and we were discussing Halloween costumes. She had multiple children, a couple of boys and girls, and she mentioned that one of her sons--the same age as mine--wanted to be Robin Hood.

Mrs. Whiggins: "Oh, Robin Hood, that's a good one!"

Her: "Well, my husband will never allow it."

Me: (thinking) Maybe he's objecting to the stealing, even if the motivation is less objectionable? (aloud) "Really? Why not?"

Her: "He doesn't want his son wearing pantyhose."

Me: "Ummmm, they're stockings, all men wore them back then."

Her: "Stockings or not, he isn't raising any sissy boys."

Me: (thinking) Okaaaaay. Guess I better not mention that one of my other children heathens is going dressed as Tinky Winky because her favorite color is purple.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 10/19/2022 at 4:15 PM, troph said:

I am confident the number of republicans who are closeted cross dressers would shock even the most jaded of you assholes. fuck these people. they belong in the hell they believe in.

Ive seen this author interviewed a couple times. It sounds like an interesting book that I’ll never find time to read. But it’s out there in case anyone else is interested. 

555EE64F-DD17-48E7-9257-BCC4B8033ADA.png.e464eb648feeadc303c6680887a738bc.png

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

The Respect for Marriage Act allows states to ban same sex marriage. 

Full faith and credit clause is dead? 

Also, I don’t get what you’re saying out of this:

The Respect for Marriage Act, abbreviated as RFMA (H.R. 8404, S. 4556), is a bill in the United States Congress to repeal the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) and require the U.S. federal government to recognize the validity of same-sex and interracial marriages in the United States.”

Edited to say that the RFMA does require states to recognize same sex marriages, but, yes, states can refuse to allow such ceremonies within their borders. 

Still, repealing DOMA’s shittery is a step forward.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Explained
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

The Respect for Marriage Act allows states to ban same sex marriage. 

Only if Obergfell is overturned AND the bill is ruled unconstitutional.  It also have severability in case part of it is found unconstitutional. 

Passes the filibuster, 62-37.  12 GOP yes: Blunt (retiring), Burr (retiring), Capito, Collins, Ernst, Lummis, Murkowski, Portman (retiring), Romney, Sullivan, Tillis (likely in his last term), Young

Sasse didn't vote

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Full faith and credit clause is dead? 

Also, I don’t get what you’re saying out of this:

The Respect for Marriage Act, abbreviated as RFMA (H.R. 8404, S. 4556), is a bill in the United States Congress to repeal the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) and require the U.S. federal government to recognize the validity of same-sex and interracial marriages in the United States.”

Edited to say that the RFMA does require states to recognize same sex marriages, but, yes, states can refuse to allow such ceremonies within their borders. 

Still, repealing DOMA’s shittery is a step forward.

Yes, it’s a step forward but still allows fuckery by the usual states 

https://www.msn.com/en-US/news/us/controversy-in-taylor-leads-to-two-christmas-parades-on-the-same-day/ar-AA14c74c?ocid=sapphireappshare

"There is a split in the plans for a Christmas parade in Taylor this year, after one of the organizations that typically hosts it changed the rules to exclude an LBGTQ group, and the City of Taylor, which has been a co-host, said it could not be a part of that."