Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

He tried to play through it. It’s not a broken fucking collar bone and it’s a shoulder thing. 

people are saying that because that's what is reported/rumored.  who knows what it really is. but you can absolutely "play through" a clavicle fracture...... until you can't.

1 minute ago, Hate said:

Why does everyone assume he is going to the NFL next year? What about him tells you he is ready to play at the next level?

it's not about me believing he is ready, but what some of the word is out there. as recently as a few days ago, The Athletic NFL Draft dudes had him as the #3 QB off the board after Williams and Maye. in the 1st round

consider that everything he has done so far. what in his history would make you think he would pass that up?

also consider that he would be risking injury again if he came back another year, and truly isn't likely to better position himself in the draft if that really is his projection.

an isolated clavicle injury won't scare off NFL teams.There are other injuries that would.

Personally, I think once he gets put through the draft grinder, there  will a lot of questions  about taking him that high.

11 minutes ago, Hate said:

Why does everyone assume he is going to the NFL next year? What about him tells you he is ready to play at the next level?

Because he has elite arm talent with shitty mechanics. He can go to a team in the 2nd round that can develop his shitty mechanics while he makes millions of dollars. He was always on the the 2-year plan at Texas. The problem is that taking a year off of football and developing shitty personal habits set him back 2 or more years.

14 minutes ago, Hate said:

Yeah, I don't get this either.  Taking off the UT glasses, I think he's one of the most overrated/overhyped QBs in college football.  Yes, he's got a strong arm.  Cool, that's 5% of being just a serviceable NFL quarterback.  Lots of guys have strong arms, just like lots of people can sing, but are not famous musicians.  He has terrible mechanics, poise, and ability to read defenses.  Any team NFL team that drafts this kid is foolish.  

Edited by bschoolprof
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

Or the NFL dudes don’t really think all that highly of Sarks abilities and (obviously) believe they can do better. Ego and all that

have you watched him the past two seasons ?

I wish the kid all the best and ut success, but he hasn’t shown much

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

no way in hell 

the athletic hacks trying to push austin scripts 

I looked again, it was QB#4, with some teams considering him as QB#3.  might have a hard time believing it but their mocks tend to be more right than what fans put up on message boards

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Yeah, I don't get this either.  Taking off the UT glasses, I think he's one of the most overrated/overhyped QBs in college football.  Yes, he's got a strong arm.  Cool, that's 5% of being just a serviceable NFL quarterback.  Lots of guys have strong arms, just like lots of people can sing, but are not famous musicians.  He has terrible mechanics, poise, and ability to read defenses.  Any team NFL team that drafts this kid is foolish.  

jerry-jones-pointing.gif

• Haha 3

We were off with Baxter in what looked like a bad injury. Let’s wait and see but I’m going to be sick if it’s bad and he’s out for the season. He was night and day different from last year and put in the work in the offseason, both mentally and physically. 

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

UH switched their coverage to concede the underneath throws after we torched them. That has been our struggle for like forever. Old Quinn would've thrown into the teeth of that. This Quinn was taking the underneath throws. The problem was we couldn't consistently run the football during the dry spell. UH shifted their front when they went to the flyover and they were abusing our interior line. Quinn was fine. The throws that he was "missing" were largely intentional throwaways. The guy is pretty accurate, and throws from multiple platforms. Anyone not seeing that is way off. Sark's offense isn't the easiest to run.

I'm glad someone gets it in here besides me.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, Longhornlove said:

Not true at all, nice try though.

sorry, but what part of 195 lbs being light for an NFL QB do you think is not true?  unless you are saying that weight that has been quoted ad nauseam  is incorrect. this was a point of discussion as recently as this year's draft and QB #1

1 minute ago, naija said:

sorry, but what part of 195 lbs being light for an NFL QB do you think is not true?  unless you are saying that weight that has been quoted ad nauseam  is incorrect. this was a point of discussion as recently as this year's draft and QB #1

There is a laundry list of NFL QBs that defy what you stated.

Kyler Murray got drafted. He’s only 12 lbs heavier and probably 4 inches shorter than Quinn. (I don’t trust that 5’10” number for Kyler, at all)

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

Kyler Murray got drafted. He’s only 12 lbs heavier and probably 4 inches shorter than Quinn. (I don’t trust that 5’10” number for Kyler, at all)

12 lbs isn't "just only." I didn't say Quinn won't be drafted. I said if his listed weight of 195 lbs is accurate, this is light for an NFL QB. Funny, some think that's controversial. Bryce Young just went through this, and you can find articles citing this as a concern for him and he has 10 lbs on Ewers. Tua just had a very public tiff with someone about the need for him to put on weight in the offseason.

On 10/14/2023 at 3:54 PM, shadow_operative said:

hi i'm derka, nice to meet you.

Damn. Appreciate you recommending that app, fam. Just downloaded it and will use it tk document my fur babies. Wish I would have known about it in 2021 and the past year so I could have done it for my other two that passed in May of 2021 and February 26th of this year. 

Anyway, thanks. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I didn’t post that to bash Quinn as it’s obvious he did the work this off-season. I just don’t see a 1st round pick when I watch him play. He’s also had shoulder injuries in each of his 2 seasons. If I were an NFL GM, that would concern me.

I hope the injury isn’t serious as he gives us the best chance to win this year, I just don’t see him being ready to lead an NFL team 9 months from now.

• Hook 'Em 7

12 lbs isn't "just only." I didn't say Quinn won't be drafted. I said if his listed weight of 195 lbs is accurate, this is light for an NFL QB. Funny, some think that's controversial. Bryce Young just went through this, and you can find articles citing this as a concern for him and he has 10 lbs on Ewers. Tua just had a very public tiff with someone about the need for him to put on weight in the offseason.

Quinn was 218 in the Bowl game, being 195 right now is meaningless. He is 20 years old for christ sake. Tom Brady fluctuated from 195 to 225 during his playing career at 6'4. Drew Brees isn' big. Russell Wilson isn't big and QE will without question be bigger than the last 2. Colt wasn't big until he aged. By all means, produce your list. 

3 minutes ago, Hate said:

I didn’t post that to bash Quinn as it’s obvious he did the work this off-season. I just don’t see a 1st round pick when I watch him play. He’s also had shoulder injuries in each of his 2 seasons. If I were an NFL GM, that would concern me.

I hope the injury isn’t serious as he gives us the best chance to win this year, I just don’t see him being ready to lead an NFL team 9 months from now.

Hope the injury is not serious. If it is he will have been hurt three times for significant stretches of time: his junior year of high school, last year, and hopefully not this year. He’s absolutely talented. No question. I do not think it would be wise to go pro at the end of this year. Imo he’s not ready. Still needs to work on the long ball/stretching the field and needs to bulk up a bit more. Needs to still keep hammering on some of the fundamentals and footwork. He’s definitely done a lot of work and it shows. But he didn’t play senior year of HS against the opinion of Ohio State and it showed when he got there. He didn’t play there and it showed when he got here. He needs another year but I’m not him, his family nor his agent. It’s his life and whatever he chooses I wish him the best but he’d benefit staying another year. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Hope the injury is not serious. If it is he will have been hurt three times for significant stretches of time: his junior year of high school, last year, and hopefully not this year. He’s absolutely talented. No question. I do not think it would be wise to go pro at the end of this year. Imo he’s not ready. Still needs to work on the long ball/stretching the field and needs to bulk up a bit more. Needs to still keep hammering on some of the fundamentals and footwork. He’s definitely done a lot of work and it shows. But he didn’t play senior year of HS against the opinion of Ohio State and it showed when he got there. He didn’t play there and it showed when he got here. He needs another year but I’m not him, his family nor his agent. It’s his life and whatever he chooses I wish him the best but he’d benefit staying another year. 

Most QB's aren't ready for the NFL until they have been in it for a few years. If he has a draft able grade in 1st or second round, he needs to go, ready or not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tx_2_Sc85 said:

Quinn just ain’t got it. He gets flustered when his first read isn’t open and self sacks himself a lot. He’s not able to operate sarks offense at its fullest potential. Rooting for the kid but I don’t see the intangibles that all great qbs have.

His four games against Alabama and Oklahoma the last 2 years say otherwise.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1