IT'S GODDAMN GAMEDAY

HOOK'EMHOOAH

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Last time we saw these guys, they hurt Colt McCoy and stole a championship from us.

012ff94e-f8a2-4f6b-b0a0-b69ed9240a0a_text.gif

And the last time these shitbirds sang the song of their people on our lawn was literally a century ago.

No one, and I don't care if Bear, DKR, every drill Sergeant, Mack, Dick and and any other swinging dick that could be mustered to my door...

NO ONE SHITS ON OUR LAWN.

This current Bevo is the best looking one y'all have had in my 55 years.

Gorgeous animal.

2 minutes ago, clownin72 said:

Didn't take long for Corso to go off on a tangent about Sark right in the middle of the Florida/Kentucky discussion

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

I had the volume kind of low.

Did he call Patterson the HCIW at Texas?

• Hook 'Em 1

I just want to see the boys let their fucking nuts hang and not play like a bunch of scared kids. The guy across from you is better than you? Who gives a fuck! Make that cocksucker feel you every snap. Get in his fucking face and even deeper in his head. You got beat on a route? So fucking what. Next play you bury that fucker's dick in the ground and let him know shit ain't sweet around here.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, WeDoinItLive said:

I don’t ever see the Football HC as involved as Beard is with UT overall. Good representative of the school and good coach.

I think it helps that he’s an alum so he’s also a fan.   Great hire.  

Let’s win, bitches.  Reposting this here bc I don’t think enough people saw it in the game week thread:

All week we've been hearing nothing except for how Texas will be blown off the field, doesn't belong in the same sentence with Bama, and is going to embarrass themselves.  Where have we heard that before?  Not SEC ready, blah blah.

Fuck all that. We're 7-1-1 against Bama, and everybody knows that the result of the single game in the loss column was bullshit.  Our decline started with that loss to Bama, and so too did their rise.  Reversal of fortune incoming.  Saban made a goddamn deal with the devil, and it's now time to pay the piper.

We actually have a few things working for us in this matchup that not very many are talking about or are willing to admit.  

Nick Saban is a bitch when it comes to scheduling out of conference road games.  He doesn't play them.  Bama hasn't lost often in the regular season during the Saban era, but when they have, it's been on the road (2013 Auburn; 2014 Ole Miss; 2017 Auburn; 2019 Auburn; 2021 aggy).  We have generally played pretty well against highly ranked teams in recent seasons, especially at home.  LSU in 2019 was electric and we were right there.  This year's Bama is not better than that LSU team. 

When Bama has struggled in the Saban era, it has usually been the result of two things from the other side: talented RBs and TEs in space.  Guess what Texas' two biggest positional advantages in this matchup are?  We will have the best RB and TE on the field this Saturday.  And there is no one better than former Bama OC and our current head coach to scheme and create the type of space required for Bijan and Sanders to be successful.  Our offense is going to operate, and we're going to score.

To prevail today, we will also need a great game from our defense.  We might get it.  Against ULM last week, I saw something in our defense that I haven't seen in several seasons--our players were routinely in position to make plays and limit offensive gains (the lone exception was Brockmeyer's contribution in trash time that resulted in ULM's only touchdown). The tackling was also much improved from previous seasons.  Sure we're young, but we still have speed and size with playmaking potential.  We actually got pressure (and a few sacks) against ULM in our opener (Bama didn't in theirs), which is something that we were incapable of doing to any team last year.  While high-level and consistent play for 4 quarters on Saturday will be a tall order, the social facilitation of a raucous and hostile DKR will help our defense.

Our biggest weakness against Bama will be our depth.  We're going to have to do more with less.  We'll likely need to get some help with turnovers or on big special teams plays (we successfully accomplished both last week).  But pulling this off doesn't seem hopelessly out of reach, given the amp and energy of the stadium and spotlight that we'll be dealing with.  Our team has been preparing themselves for this moment for months.

There are some vulnerabilities in Bama's otherwise invincible armor.  Their own fanbase has been expressing some nervousness about their relatively lackluster offensive line performance last week.  Their minimal defensive line pressure (and zero sacks) against Utah State has been another concern.  Bama is mortal, gentlemen, and we are capable of beating them.  I'm not saying that we'll win... but don't be fucking surprised if we do.  

Fuck Bama and Hook 'em Horns.

7 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

At every point in my life, I've always been the little guy. Optioned out for someone better, smarter, faster, stronger...

Until I Stopped accepting the table scraps and started making people recognize that I was a force to be reckoned with. I am a Texan. If I stand up, nothing will put me down.

Today is going to be hell for our men. Everyone of them will be better having walked through the experience. I long for the days of my own walks through hell.

So go make the roster of Alabama walk through hell.

6 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

I just want to see the boys let their fucking nuts hang and not play like a bunch of scared kids. The guy across from you is better than you? Who gives a fuck! Make that cocksucker feel you every snap. Get in his fucking face and even deeper in his head. You got beat on a route? So fucking what. Next play you bury that fucker's dick in the ground and let him know shit ain't sweet around here.

Here’s Sarks locker room speech.